Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Got my Nano's today.....very impressed. I just don't see ever buying anything but Gens Ace or Turnigy again.

I ordered 8 of the 5600mah 50-100c's...cases are better than reg. turnigy.
The cases are nice, they did a good job on these packs. I bought 3 of the 6000's and for the money they are great, you can't beat the price and the quality which is actually very good. I had a few of the 90C 5000 3S soft packs and used them to run the 1415 in the SCTe, they are awesome.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtsakiris
Can anyone else comment on this question, 0"s were mentioned as best for racing. when would you use the optional blocks provided in the f/r?
Also the losi setup sheets from Peck and True say gold springs in the front and silver inthe back. Any comments?
line up your old bars to the new ones...( worked for me... to set it stock ) try different springs to suit your track conditions. read and download all the set ups for the TEN,, there are 5 with different track conditions.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DBL15
just seeing a lot of pictures these days with out the side bash plates off them you know the plastic side guards ?

are there many people removeing them and are you getting and damage with them not there ?
I usually run with them on, some guys don't. When doing a lot of system testing I don't use them. It's more stuff to unscrew every 10 minutes. On the track in a racing environment then yea, run the guards.

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Hey guys I'm looking for the parts explosion of the entire truck. Can't find crap online. The rear diff case looks like it ate itself at the rear pinion. Can't seem to find what parts go on the rear pinion itself and any spacers as well.

Thanks
Ring/Pinion gear
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview

Gearbox f/r
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB3104

Diff housing
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB3542
Old 10-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I've played with the droop screws in the past and found them to be inconsistent. I would get the droop where I wanted it and then drop the truck 3-4 times and each time the droop was slightly different.

Maybe I will use the droop screws to find an initial setting and then use limiters when I am happy.
+1 I always find the droop setting first with the droop screws then use limiters in the shock for non-hassle droop setting that never changes
The less I have to worry about at the track while racing 2-3 classes and helping others the better.
The only prob is when going to another track the easy droop setting is not available this way but no prob here cuz I just bring extra sets of shocks that are set up for other conditions
Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gtsakiris
Can anyone else comment on this question, 0"s were mentioned as best for racing. when would you use the optional blocks provided in the f/r?
Also the losi setup sheets from Peck and True say gold springs in the front and silver inthe back. Any comments?
ok guys been looking and reading this thread alot but i have a question

i started iinstalling my TLR tuning kit last night and

there is a heap of front and rear black rubber grommets that go into the pin holders

i just put the ones marked with 0 in the front and back should i have done that ? of what numbers should i have used front and back ?

must say the TLR chassis is very nice as well
Here's your answer guys about the settings for the adjustable Hinge Pin holders. Casper mentioned it earlier today Also, just so you know, the Gold springs were the old ones that are equal to the Black springs in the new sets. Silvers are equal to the Orange springs in the new sets.
Originally Posted by Casper
0's all around in the front. For the rears we are running 1's up in the front and 0's in the rear.
just seeing a lot of pictures these days with out the side bash plates off them you know the plastic side guards ? are there many people removeing them and are you getting and damage with them not there ?
I kept mine, but I did cut off the nerfbars because they mess up your bodies. Haven't had any problems yet, but I just cut them off on Sunday, so it's still new to me.
Originally Posted by larlev
Got my Nano's today.....very impressed. I just don't see ever buying anything but Gens Ace or Turnigy again.

I ordered 8 of the 5600mah 50-100c's...cases are better than reg. turnigy.
I got my 6000mah 65-130c 2s Nano-techs on Friday. Ran them Saturday and Sunday. I have to say, they are NICE!!! I love them and will be ordering more. I love my Gens Ace 40c and 50C batts, but these 65C Nano's definitely seemed to have more punch and the punch stayed throughout the length of the entire battery charge. VERY impressed with them and highly recommend! I let a couple of people at the track try them out too, including Kevin Smith (LBCKevin here on RCTech) and they were very impressed with them.

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Use all of the lubes mentioned above for their intended uses and throw the boots in the trash.
and totally agree! I forgot that these trucks even came with shock condoms lol

Originally Posted by m2cracing

GUYS ,
I have been made aware that the center drive pins are wearing through the
plastic covers.
This was the same problem we had on the Losi 1.0 model.
This simple fix worked great and was very reliable.
simply remove the plastic cover.
slide the ring over the retaining pin.
cut the schrink wrap to cover both the front pin and the set screw.
this will retain the ring and the drive set screw.
Simple and effective.
part no. M2C7111
replacement schrink wrap part no. 6076
www.m2cracing.com
Are they milled on the inside to keep the pin from coming out? From the pic it looks like it is, but it's kinda hard to tell. Thanks for making these, that's a great alternative until the new ones come out with the permanent fix.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)
Default bearing replacements

Looking for suggestions on ceramic bearings, I was looking at the Acer and Avid.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by isarctard
Looking for suggestions on ceramic bearings, I was looking at the Acer and Avid.
First I have to start with the truth because it simply is not worth it because of running in off-road conditions but if you must have ceramics the best I have owned and only run for ceramics is BOCA's yellow sealed.
The Yellow Seals from BOCA are the only bearings that will keep dirt out for most of the season.
But, maybe you're running inside carpet and then the other 2 will do.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by isarctard
Just curious why you want ceramics? Ceramics are not used in most offroad applications unless you run indoor carpet where there's no dirt to get into them. Ceramic bearings service life seems a lot shorter than steel bearings in offroad cars. Most people are just using the Avid Revolutions, here's the link: http://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=3...e=TEN-SCTE+ARR They seem to be out of the 5x8x2.5's right now, but the rest of the kit is there. They're very good bearings and cheap enough that you don't have to worry about extending their life by cleaning them, just toss them out when they wear. They've also got very good service life!

Originally Posted by toby keith
So here is the deal, I am a local guy here in Tucson az. I used to be a CNC programmer and machinist, I left the trade about 10 years ago and about 2 years ago i ended up buying a ez trac cnc mill for my garage because i missed being able to make random stuff. I have some friends that are into the RC stuff and i got a request from one of them to make the drive-line sleeves for the Losi 4wd short course truck. These are made from 6061 t6 aluminum and have been proven to work. From what i hear the stock plastic ones get to hot and the pin falls out. So with that said I do have 3 sets available right now and i will be making more if the demand is there. Please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected] or call 520-909-8289 if you would like a set. I will ship them to you priority mail usps for an extra $6.00 or you are welcome to pick them up in person. I am selling each set of 2 for $30.00 If you are interested just contact me. Thanks Sean
Has anyone bought and installed these yet? How'd they fit? I'm thinking about picking some up, doesn't hurt that they're pretty blingy too but more importantly, they serve a real purpose
Old 10-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Has anyone bought and installed these yet? How'd they fit? I'm thinking about picking some up, doesn't hurt that they're pretty blingy too but more importantly, they serve a real purpose
Scott, I have a set. They fit great and seem to work so far. They are machined perfectly to slide right on in place of the stock plastic sleeves.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kazuaki
Scott, I have a set. They fit great and seem to work so far. They are machined perfectly to slide right on in place of the stock plastic sleeves.
Thanks Greg, I think I'm gonna order some.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911

I have picked up a set of these and they work great! I am not to sure about the other guys stuff, the quality seems pretty cheap but I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Guys I am getting my truck this thur and it comes with a MMP/1410 and a jr servo. It also has the upgraded diff pins. I have about $200 bucks extra to spend. What part(s) should I get. I'm not a racer except for backyard racing on my own track and friends tracks and maybe the occasional club races locally here. So $200 out the door is my limit. This truck is for my wife and she drives hard. I chose the SC10 4x4 which is here tomorrow. Huge AE fan but I am leaning towards the Losi and wanting to trade.
Thanks

Terry
Old 10-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Integra
Pics and Details Please Rich I haven't gone Full out, And the B*e chassis test the other day went Horrible So i dont know exactly the route im taking just so yet. Im sitting @ 6lbs 3-4 oz

Yes the charger is expensive but you'll save a few bucks on the packs to balance things out.

Charger

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-7S-20A-500W

Packs

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Thanks again Integra
Old 10-05-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys I'm about to buy upgraded shock towers... What ones are the best that I wont have to replace again??? Carbon or aluminum?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
Chrisatabery. here in oregon where i'm at. I have been running 3 different tracks, all different. all loose, lomey, & wet, big track huge jumps. you can see them on northwest tracks here or facebook.. santiam, medford, bend, my set ups for loose are...caliber tire's rear to gridirons super soft front adjustable shims for arms front and rear front at o's.... front o front back 2.5 rear rear. orange springs front,. black rear, drupe at 93 mm front 103 rear with 20 oil front 25 rear,,top out side shock mount,. arms out side, front end shock mount I have 4 adjustments on cf towers and am @ 3 top, arms inside.. running a grease in all my difs. I am using pro long oil mix and grease together after gluing all my diffs. Been running 4 poll tekin rx8 14 and 13 pin. 4600. 6200 mah 60C pro match. 2 cell. 0 timing. tame as it can get to on the speed control. you know how the boys say at losi it gets better after its run and loose. make sure your arms are loose..... also running large 2.5 say bar in front and 1.5 rear...for any body else this is my set up and it works for me. the only thing I change from track to track is shock oils' Tires... try it you might like it.. Now if I could last a race without burning up my electronics,... I would be first not 2nd in points...

added picture of 1 of the tracks in Bend

Attachment 816450
I'm liking what I'm reading on this one...what kind of ride height you running with this set up?
I'd also like to know more about your diff grease/oil mix. Got a link to it and what kind of ratio your mixture is?

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.