Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
A smaller spur can have a smoother feel versus a larger spur which has more of an aggressive feel (acceleration), is it not?
And, I did agree that if same FDR is reached then it "should not" have an effect but actual testing showed me different. The evidence of this lies in your statement not taking into account on how you reached the same FDR.
Like I hinted before, I don't see it as much of a need since the Pro 4 came.
If you get too small a pinion your mesh gets all screwed up. Even though they are the same pitch the closer you can get the gears to be 1:1 the better the mesh. Sometimes you need bigger spurs to get the right FDR without going too small on the spur. Sometimes you need to go the other way as well.

Larger spurs will have a little more rotating mass but unless you are going from metal to plastic or something like that it should be impercievable.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Setup Guide

This is the guide I have. Several people were interested in it so I just posted it here. I find it very helpful.
May be good for the front page.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Buggy Setup Guide.pdf (73.1 KB, 216 views)
Old 09-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I dropped the new flex chassis (using RC8 rear brace) and a pro4 4600 in my SCTE and drove it for the first time with this new setup last night and I seem to have lost my steering both on and off power but REALLY badly off power. Diffs are 5-5-3, running Aaron Lane's JBRL setup otherwise, with Gridirons all the way around. Is this a consequence of the lessened weight?
Old 09-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by photobrat View Post
I dropped the new flex chassis (using RC8 rear brace) and a pro4 4600 in my SCTE and drove it for the first time with this new setup last night and I seem to have lost my steering both on and off power but REALLY badly off power. Diffs are 5-5-3, running Aaron Lane's JBRL setup otherwise, with Gridirons all the way around. Is this a consequence of the lessened weight?
You sure there is no binding in the front diff ? Whats the track like you were running on ? Were your tires right for the surface ?

You should get better steering with the lighter weight on and off power , having the rear end stiffer might have a little to do with it . I also found that with the BCE chassis the RC8 brace was not needed as the 7075 is stiffer than the stock 6061 chassis and flexes less already .

I bet its not needed with the TLR chassis either ........
Old 09-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

I'll check the diff, but I'd just opened it up and cleaned it the night before, and I believe it was smooth. High bite track when wet, low bite dry, hard packed clay, slightly rough these days. The track was varying last night, but even high bite, no good on the steering. Same tires I was running before and had great steering. Could/would droop affect the steering?
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'll check the diff, but I'd just opened it up and cleaned it the night before, and I believe it was smooth. High bite track when wet, low bite dry, hard packed clay, slightly rough these days. The track was varying last night, but even high bite, no good on the steering. Same tires I was running before and had great steering. Could/would droop affect the steering?
Yes droop can dramatically effect steering as it controls to an extent weight transfer.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75 View Post
This is the guide I have. Several people were interested in it so I just posted it here. I find it very helpful.
May be good for the front page.
Added... Thx Alvin~
Old 09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mjealey View Post
My 3800 and the Tekin 4600 have ran very hot after 10 minutes with anything larger than a 14 tooth. I do not see how a larger tooth is ran. That is with no timing, current limiter at 80%, ect.... I have also done all of the lightening mods too and mine is considerably lighter than stock.
Is the no binding in your driveline? Have you checked bearings, diffs?
Old 09-29-2011, 02:47 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KIK View Post
Anyone know the size of the pin in the dog bone? The end of driveshaft that rides in the outdrives.
12x3mm
Old 09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Does the Bump chassis have a hole for the Losi torque rod?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 PM
KIK
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
12x3mm
Thank you!!! Anyone else having the issue of the front center dogbone pin wearing but not the others? I know it's at a more of an angle than the others but they are not even showing the slightest wear.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yes droop can dramatically effect steering as it controls to an extent weight transfer.
Thanks Casper. So now the silly question, I completely disassembled and cleaned my SCTE, so took out the droop screws to drop the arms in the ultrasonic cleaner. Wasn't sure if full droop was all the way down or all the way up when I put them back in. I went all the way up, so the arms have full travel. Yes, no?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KIK View Post
Thank you!!! Anyone else having the issue of the front center dogbone pin wearing but not the others? I know it's at a more of an angle than the others but they are not even showing the slightest wear.
For me it's the front center outdrives that show the most wear; still awaiting the hardened ones. Alreay swapped the front and rear, hope this will last till the package arrives. The pins look OK though.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

I have been noticing people with handling issues after changing to a non stock chassis and adding tuning kit.

My truck after a month of tweaking handles like a dream now, my question is are the gains by adding the tuning kit and changing chassis that noticeable and beneficial.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Brandon are we talking about FF?

that track has a huge amount of bite especially when wet. Ive tried 7-5-2 ,5-5-2.5-3-2,3-3-2 with aaron set up. 3-3-2 was the best, all the rest didnt allow the truck to rotate at all because of the bite that track has.

currently im running 3-3-2, -1 camber all around, 28 F+R ride height, Black spring up front with 30 wt losi shock oil, orange rear 30 wt oil. full droop front with bottom shock end unscrewed two turns, rear 101.5, and rear shocks are center on arm, also battery foward.

ive done a lot of testing out there latley, this is why my results havent been the best last couple times but this is what ive came up with is best , last time i was out i TQ and won . i wanna play with my shock oils a tad but other then that im happy . your more then welcome to drive my truck any time you want to see if you like it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.