Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Alot of people have switched over from the A.E.!!Pretty soon the Pro-4 class is gonna be called the SCTE class at all the tracks!
I "upgraded" about a month ago. Glad I did because I was getting tired of chasing a good setup. I didn't want to have to buy saddle packs, or a clutch basket, and wow what a difference in maintenance. It takes much less time to wrench on the scte and it also has a more proven and intuitive design, just look at how easy it is to set mesh on the scte.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Alot of people have switched over from the A.E.!!Pretty soon the Pro-4 class is gonna be called the SCTE class at all the tracks!
14 Pro 4's last night at weekly club racing, 1 jammin, 1 AE, 1 Couldn't tell maybe a slash 4 wheel, 11 Losi's
Old 09-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by louperez4 View Post
hase any body used the Losi TEN-SCTE Bump Chassis.
Been using mine for a couple weeks now. Nice chassis, and as mentioned, all screws included. (not that this would be a deal breaker for me) I really got it to shed a little weight. Tough to say if its done anything performance wise. I changed from a 2650 T8 to the Pro4 shortly after I got it so I have changed my setup a lot to account for the weight savings. Don't quite have it dialed in like I had before, but I am getting close. Also waiting on the longer chassis brace as well as the bump brace and will be messing with those to see what they do as well when they get in. (the bump brace was supposed to be mailed last week I think, but don't have it yet) Probably can't go wrong with any of the aftermarket chassis out now- the TLR, BCE, Bump, and SNR all have positives compared to stock.

Last edited by colter; 09-29-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I noticed they aren't really as heavy as I thought. Mine is all stock and weighed in at 6.55 pounds race ready. Not to bad.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quick question. I just changed over form grease to fluid in my scte. When i hold the diff and spin the out drive u can fell the gears mashing together is hard. Is this something to worry about?I have all the slims in the correct places.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caprezmikeb View Post
Quick question. I just changed over form grease to fluid in my scte. When i hold the diff and spin the out drive u can fell the gears mashing together is hard. Is this something to worry about?I have all the slims in the correct places.
Make sure the notches in the diff cross pins are lined up and the aluminum blocks are fully seated in the diff cup . It should be smooth and not binding .
Old 09-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
I want to put a metal spur gear on. I know there is no benefit from it, hell, it's a acceleration loss, but I don't race often. I just like the loudness of it. Anyone have a part number of a direct fit?
It's not hard if you got the tools.
I made a 40t, 42t, 44t metal spur gears from day 1. I made them in plastic (left) metal (right).
Old 09-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

OK. I know this has been asked 1000 times. But tring to search this thread is pretty useless. It jumps around totally random it seems. But what other bodies fit this car well. I ordered a proline flo-tek body and the way the roll bars are in the back really isn't very good for fitting the SCTE. Looking for something that is a sure thing fit. Don't want to drop more coin on something that doesn't work well.

I found where someone said the JC Truth body fits. Anything else? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
OK. I know this has been asked 1000 times. But tring to search this thread is pretty useless. It jumps around totally random it seems. But what other bodies fit this car well. I ordered a proline flo-tek body and the way the roll bars are in the back really isn't very good for fitting the SCTE. Looking for something that is a sure thing fit. Don't want to drop more coin on something that doesn't work well.

I found where someone said the JC Truth body fits. Anything else? Thanks in advance.
whats wrong with replacing with another stock body atleast you know it fit perfect like they should

i am over trying to fit other bodys on SCT's its stock or nothing for me these days
Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Whats up Jeff ? I have tried theJC 79 Ford Ranger , the SC10 09 champ ed , and the Blitz body and all were wide enough in the rear for the bumper . The Manta was a little narrow but still fit . I am trying my bumper cut down and so far it does seem like the rear is taking less damage than with the sides of the bumper on . Or do you mean the molded roll bars on the bodies themselves ?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (98%+)

Flo Teck will fit Jconcepts Manta will fit also
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-sc.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-losi-1.jpg  
Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Whats up Jeff ? I have tried theJC 79 Ford Ranger , the SC10 09 champ ed , and the Blitz body and all were wide enough in the rear for the bumper . The Manta was a little narrow but still fit . I am trying my bumper cut down and so far it does seem like the rear is taking less damage than with the sides of the bumper on . Or do you mean the molded roll bars on the bodies themselves ?
The molded roll cage is right where the rear body posts want to be to get the front end to line up and fit well. Can probably make it work, but less than ideal and dont really want to go thru the hassle of paining it if its not going to be right. Maybe I'll just do a one color wonder and use it for practice.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

The molded roll cage is right where the rear body posts want to be to get the front end to line up and fit well. Can probably make it work, but less than ideal and dont really want to go thru the hassle of paining it if its not going to be right. Maybe I'll just do a one color wonder and use it for practice.
Just take off the little square swivel piece on the body mounts so the body will sit lower , I had to do that with my Flowtek body .
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (98%+)

I have another factory body getting custon paint now just ordered and upgrade wrap . After this its all rattle can one color for me.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Wow Jerry++ Thats nice!! you did that with cans
Looks Cool

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.