Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New SCTE

I just realized that I finally got my hands on an SCTE and haven't posted pics
of it in here. It's not as flashy as some of the crazy airbrush stuff I've seen,
but I'm proud of my rattle can paint job nonetheless.

I've learned a lot from this thread and the customer support that I've seen in
here heavily influenced my decision to get one!
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-scte01.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-scte02.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-scte03.jpg  
Old 09-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Need bumber suggestions please
Running on a 8th scale track with the ballistic 4.5 and as the battery gets weaker jumps became harder. Didnt clear the biggest jump by a hair after a 8min run and it nose planted pretty hard. Odd thing is the front was ok but I'm guessing the rear snapped when it rolled over. Now I need a bumper. Should I get another stock or go with a tbr Tbone? Just wondering if the tbone was made just for bashing and will it effect the track while driving? I'm planning on racing it when my sc skills get better.

Also when I installed my T8 I had to remove the bottom chassis screws to the center mount and then set the mesh. It sits at an angle and also won't slide back out unless I remove the chassis center mount screws again. Before I start grinding parts down does anyone know where to start so I can avoid trail and error?
Thanks
Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjerry View Post
I got mine in mail yesterday 4 weeks to get here ..... What a mark up on the batteries ..... That guy is making a killing on the batteries
I saw someone selling them on ebay for $90. I guess that's where some of them go after leaving Hobbyking.

I ordered two this morning and the order has already been processed, so here's hoping. Patience is NOT one of my virtues.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I got mine in mail yesterday 4 weeks to get here ..... What a mark up on the batteries ..... That guy is making a killing on the batteries
what guy? the hobby king himself?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Titian2010 View Post
Running on a 8th scale track with the ballistic 4.5 and as the battery gets weaker jumps became harder. Didnt clear the biggest jump by a hair after a 8min run and it nose planted pretty hard. Odd thing is the front was ok but I'm guessing the rear snapped when it rolled over. Now I need a bumper. Should I get another stock or go with a tbr Tbone? Just wondering if the tbone was made just for bashing and will it effect the track while driving? I'm planning on racing it when my sc skills get better.

Also when I installed my T8 I had to remove the bottom chassis screws to the center mount and then set the mesh. It sits at an angle and also won't slide back out unless I remove the chassis center mount screws again. Before I start grinding parts down does anyone know where to start so I can avoid trail and error?
Thanks
T-bone Ten-T bumpers all around. $25 a PAIR.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mark up ? How can you claim mark up when to purchase a comparable pack from a US retailer would cost near 3X as much.

Who's making a killing ? Hobbyking ?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Mark up ? How can you claim mark up when to purchase a comparable pack from a US retailer would cost near 3X as much.

Who's making a killing ? Hobbyking ?
I thought the same thing, i re-read and it looks like he was referring to an ebay clown doubling the price.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks

To run a T8 all you need to do is remove that Small tab that a standard 550/540 Can would rest on.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
I thought the same thing, i re-read and it looks like he was referring to an ebay clown doubling the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turnigy-Nano...ht_1304wt_1185
Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks
I tried T bone. it sticks out the back of the truck 2 inches past the back of the body. doesn't do to much in the way of protecting the body, the skid plate part digs in and slows the truck down on jumps. its stout. you'll never break it. its a bit on the heavy side compared to the stock truck bumper. The new losi bumper is supposed to be better and has more beef. save your self some money and stick with the losi parts. and use some tie raps. JMO: I also put the castle 2650 and then the T8 2050 in and ground down the bolt and clipped the motor mount part that lays flat in the car..you don't need it take it out. it wont hurt. it just makes it a little lighter.

Last edited by chucko; 09-27-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: some time you jsut need to
Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
To run a T8 all you need to do is remove that Small tab that a standard 550/540 Can would rest on.
We are talking about the tab that connects to the side gaurd?

Hard call now, one says tbone and one says no tbone. Is the new Losi Bumper available now? I didn't bother to check. Just searched the part number in my manual to order the stock regular one. Maybe some one who didn't like the tbone can sell me theirs so I can give it a go.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

OK, bumper weights...

had my truck apart and weighed the stock bumpers versus the T bone racing Ten-T (not the scte model, Ten-T) stuff:

Stock front 35g
Stock rear w/ flaps 65g

T bone Ten-T front 40g
T bone Tent-T rear 35g

I will take the 3-5g hit on the front though for the added protection offered by the skid plate. So, a 25g savings by running the pair I guess. Not bad considering they are nearly indestructable. If you're set up is allowing the skid plate to dig in on jumps, you have other, bigger problems.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AbstractZen View Post
I just realized that I finally got my hands on an SCTE and haven't posted pics
of it in here. It's not as flashy as some of the crazy airbrush stuff I've seen,
but I'm proud of my rattle can paint job nonetheless.

I've learned a lot from this thread and the customer support that I've seen in
here heavily influenced my decision to get one!
I have to agree. Reading through this thread pushed me over to buy one and give short course racing a chance. It felt really good ripping the box open. I was gonna go with a air brush job but couldn't wait to drive it. Quick and easy rattle can gave me a good looking practice body. After the gold shocks, pins, and using the set up sheets, I must say it handles greatly.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
OK, bumper weights...

had my truck apart and weighed the stock bumpers versus the T bone racing Ten-T (not the scte model, Ten-T) stuff:

Stock front 35g
Stock rear w/ flaps 65g

T bone Ten-T front 40g
T bone Tent-T rear 35g

I will take the 3-5g hit on the front though for the added protection offered by the skid plate. So, a 25g savings by running the pair I guess. Not bad considering they are nearly indestructable. If you're set up is allowing the skid plate to dig in on jumps, you have other, bigger problems.
Dang bro I didn't mean to put you through all that trouble. But I'm glad I asked. I'll give the tbone set a chance and I'll grab the stock later if any problems. The truck is solid but I'm still learning driving it so durability parts are a must. But thanks for taking the time and doing that.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ROFL, that's how much I paid for 3 of those... Then people wonder why we don't order anything from the states and our economy is in the shitter. Greedy people.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.