Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey View Post
All right, after much use, the pin on the front/middle drivehaft finally shot out from the sleeve! So, I really need a new front/middle drivesahft. I have checked several places and can not find one in stock. Anybody have an extra one and/or know where I can find one? I have a big race in Dalton, GA next weekend and I do not want to miss this one! Here is the part #:

LOSB3555
http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...mbly-for-Ten-T
Old 09-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
Anyone found a Dubro part number for rod ends that work with the lunsford turnbuckles? My stock rod ends/balls are completely slopped out.
I tried matching some up at work but nothing will work from my findings, the Monster ends will fit the buckle but then you have to use the included hardware and drill out the plastic Losi parts to accomodate the larger hardware. When you come over tomorrow remind me and I'll show you what I'm talkin about.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCal Jared View Post
To the guys running the TLR chassis with no diff riser, what are you using if anything to plug/cover the holes? I only run indoors on clay but still concerned with dirt getting in the spur etc.
I would not worry about it at all. Especially if you only run on clay. Those of use running with the chassis open have not had any issues with dirt thus far.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasontraci View Post
The problem is that I can get one side of the diff to fit in the notch (part # BB3104), but the other side is a little too long for the other notch. The diff gear doesn't touch the gear that is inside the housing. Very odd.
send it to me i got new bearings, the plastic holders i can try to fix it. i had a little trouble with mine as well but after a few minutes i got it in. can you take a pic of the sides? are the side bearing plastics positioned on the right side? meaning you got them backwards?

i just put all these new parts and i had to push the plastic piece along witht the bearing inside until it bottom on the the diff (made like a clip on noise thats how hard i had to press it)

look how flush my bearing sits in compared toy ours.

try replacing the diff top piece where the ring attaches to with a new one, or like some one else said you must of put the wrong size bearing or its not sitted right into the side plastic.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
Anyone found a Dubro part number for rod ends that work with the lunsford turnbuckles? My stock rod ends/balls are completely slopped out.
all here.

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
thats why i was asking if lunsford made the balls for the toe links and the camber ones. even though i replaced them all with new ones they wear out fast.

i put new balls, new avids bearings, new rod ends, new lunsford buckles, new nuts and i still have about 1/4 inch play when im holding the opposite wheel. i then bought the tamiya .10? shims put 3 on one axles and 4 on the other and there is still the same slop. the back end did get the slop out thought, but the front wont go away

salad any of these look familiar?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFPW7&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFPW8&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD902&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJGT9&P=7

also wonder if this nuts would work

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2507&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNTZ1&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2848&P=7

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Those first two links are the ones... The screw sizes on the stock ball ends is different than the Dubro's, I replaced the stock screws with the ones that came with the ball ends. The stock ones are a tad to tight and don't move freely in the ball.

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Not sure about Lunsford but Dubro makes some, they are bullet proof. I bought a bag of 24 and have swapped out as needed, sorry bro no part number.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Any help with diff fluids are the all the same? wich is the best to use ?
Old 09-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I need to get a part that either fell out or wasn't installed at the factory. The part number from what I can tell is B4109, it points to the bottom pin, but the top one is the one that is missing. Do these come as a complete kit of all the pins or I am referencing the wrong component. It looks like the pin was never in the hole at all, I can't see something making it's way out with the wheel on. It's not a big deal, I just need to know what to ask for when I go to the shop. I was trying to copy the picture from Losi's online manual, but had no luck.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Klemida View Post
Any help with diff fluids are the all the same? wich is the best to use ?
All the same....5,5,3 to start. Look on first page of thread. Salad has done a ton of work for everyone to find that stuff.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can someone post some pics of what the driveshaft looks like when the pin comes through the plastic retainer? I've been looking at mine after every race weekend and don't notice much play or wear marks on the plastic. Besides lube is there anything that can be done to prevent the pin from coming out?
Thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 215 (100%+)

it will have a small hole in the plastic sleave and the shaft will come apart at random
Old 09-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default SCTE kit vs RTR

hi all

i'm planning to get an SCTE kit before year end but as SCTE RTR is on the way i'm quite confused on which one to buy... i'm just a light basher (and no plan for racing) and wondering if RTR will be enough.... my main concern is that will all the parts (excl the electronics) be identical... (hoping it to be so), meaning not using different type of materials between the kit and RTR version.. anyone can comment? LOSI insiders maybe?

thanks in advance
Old 09-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suchap69 View Post
hi all

i'm planning to get an SCTE kit before year end but as SCTE RTR is on the way i'm quite confused on which one to buy... i'm just a light basher (and no plan for racing) and wondering if RTR will be enough.... my main concern is that will all the parts (excl the electronics) be identical... (hoping it to be so), meaning not using different type of materials between the kit and RTR version.. anyone can comment? LOSI insiders maybe?

thanks in advance
The rtr is the same as the roller but with electronics. I would definitely go with the rtr, its a great deal.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mxr300ex View Post
The rtr is the same as the roller but with electronics. I would definitely go with the rtr, its a great deal.
thanks for the reply mxr300ex... now i can sleep peacefully (it's 0025 hrs here now) ...
Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Im wanna get one of the new chassis that are out either the TLR BCE or SNR what are the pros and cons of each and what do most of you guys prefer?
Also what is the diff riser guys are talking about not using with the TLR chassis? Can you use the riser or No?
Are there any mods that need to be done with any of the chassis to make them work right?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
Im wanna get one of the new chassis that are out either the TLR BCE or SNR what are the pros and cons of each and what do most of you guys prefer?
Also what is the diff riser guys are talking about not using with the TLR chassis? Can you use the riser or No?
Are there any mods that need to be done with any of the chassis to make them work right?

Thanks

I've been running the SNR FULL CARBON KIT with no issues for the past 2 months. Indoor clay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.