Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
wow. that's a sweet body. if it doesn't fit, send it to me! i'll find a way to make it fit!
I jad to do some mods to get mine to fit as well. Nothin major but just a lil trimmin and it was good
Old 09-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TLR chassis arriving wed.! Anyone have a chance to try the RC8B (plastic) brace on the new chassis? Had good success using it on the stock chassis.

Just got the new spring sets too... Black (fr) and Orange (r) seem to be the most popular set-up? Thanks!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Anyone have any RX8 setting reccomendations/gearing using with a Novak 4.5, reedy 5500 60C? Track is 90x50

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
wow. that's a sweet body. if it doesn't fit, send it to me! i'll find a way to make it fit!
Thanks man, it was painted up by Emil aka Problem Child Racing
Old 09-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Hey fellas!...first post to this thread

here's a simple mod I did to help eliminate the nose dart flight pattern that made me blip the throttle once airborne to keep the nose up & level, which also helped to extend my battery's run time...less correcting = more battery!
The most I had to alter from my setup was setting the rear camber from -1degree to -3degree's but that's just what worked for me.

I simply unscrewed the battery tray turned it 180 and lined up most of the holes from the tray to the existing holes that are already in the chassis, the large screw that holds the front of the tray is the only one that I needed to drill & countersink. the ESC section which is now in the front get's dremeled to clear the mud guard & bell crank

work in progress dirt
... I'll post more pic's of the work needed to be done after I kick it around some more after tomorrow's race...

Old 09-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey all,well just got the new truck outa the box,very new to short course so whats number one change to do?diff and shock oils?i allso have a RX8 and 550 5.5 to go in,any help would be great.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Anyone know the part number to the screws the hold the motor to the motor mount??? Thanks guys.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PorTX View Post
Got to race my SCTE for the first time today! Drove it last Tuesday (during practice) box stock and did not even stay on the track for the entire battery. The truck felt like a brick and was not comfortable racing with it, so I did not. As mentioned earlier, changed the diffs to 5-7-3 and using Hotwire, changed the factory settings on the RX8. It was like a completely different truck today!!! Much, much, MUCH better!!! Like night and day....
Though, I think you pulled the truck off the track last time a little prematurely (it takes a little getting used to at first, especially coming from E-buggy), at least you did it before you started breaking things. I'm glad you like how it felt once you changed things more to your liking though. It's a great truck and you probably did the right thing for you instead of trying to drive it in a way you were not comfortable with. Did you change your shock oils also or just your Diff oil? Also, another thing to help out, on your sway bar mounts, between the screws that hold them on, is a tiny little set-screw. Back those out a little bit, that'll free up your swaybars from binding. Almost all of them are screwed in slightly too much which causes a slight bind. This is a tiny detail mod that you'll feel right away. Have fun with your new truck!
Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
Hey fellas!...first post to this thread

here's a simple mod I did to help eliminate the nose dart flight pattern that made me blip the throttle once airborne to keep the nose up & level, which also helped to extend my battery's run time...less correcting = more battery!
The most I had to alter from my setup was setting the rear camber from -1degree to -3degree's but that's just what worked for me.

I simply unscrewed the battery tray turned it 180 and lined up most of the holes from the tray to the existing holes that are already in the chassis, the large screw that holds the front of the tray is the only one that I needed to drill & countersink. the ESC section which is now in the front get's dremeled to clear the mud guard & bell crank
Great post for your first post in this thread. Congratulations on your new truck, enjoy!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can get a TLR tuning kit and chassis?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VictionOne View Post
Anyone know where I can get a TLR tuning kit and chassis?
losipartshouse has one in stock
Old 09-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
TLR Flex Tuned Chassis installed!

My stock chassis was slightly bent near the rear end. only 3 runs on it too.
Hope this chassis can take some abuse.

Sorry I dont have a scale with me right now, but from holding it, it feels a bit lighter/stronger.
cant wait to drive it this weekend.
You happy with your HW esc?
Is that a tekin motor?

Im thinking about getting one of these trucks and nned to look around for the electrics. does it have to be a 550 motor?
What things should I swap out/upgrade first
Is the castle SC package a good one
Is the Novak SC package a good one

And does anything from the losi 8ight 1.0/2.0 fit?
thanks for the help
Old 09-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onekiwi View Post
Is that a tekin motor?

Im thinking about getting one of these trucks and nned to look around for the electrics. does it have to be a 550 motor?

thanks for the help
Thats not a Tekin motor it's a Tenshock. I have the Hobbywing SC8 ESC in mine and love it.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im looking at the CC 1/10 4 pole 3800KV COMBO SC10

Will this work well in the truck or is a little too weak?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Im looking at the CC 1/10 4 pole 3800KV COMBO SC10

Will this work well in the truck or is a little too weak?
The castle 1410 3800kv is an awesome motor in this truck. If you're talking about the Hobbywing SC10 I would go with the SC8 instead. You can get the Castle 1410 on ebay for $60. You can get the SC8 here http://www.rcecho.com/hobbywing-ezru...sc.html?&cat=0 for $70.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Is that a tekin motor?

thanks for the help
Stay away from Novak esc's. They are like fireworks lol.

I'm very happy with the sc8. I've owned all the castle esc's and they have all failed on me at some point. I've been running the sc8 in 100 Degree weather for the past month and have had ZERO issues. The fan on keeps it very cool.
Motor wise you want a 4pole 550-540.
I love the esc so much I Returned my Rx8 and got 2 more lol.
1st upgrades I would do are Carbonfiber shock towers. The stock ones tend to bend. But I have yet to bend mine.
No losi eight parts fit this truck.
Check out the front page of this thread for more info, you wont be disapointed with this truck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.