Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
They should ship monday or tuesday...just have to find a location in the warehouse and they will go out. Most of the first shipment is already sold.

Well, I meant legal width for the class, but considering that limit includes the body, yeah, it would be too wide for the body as well.

There is less sidewall flex running 8th scale wheels but the tread patterns are usually better on most of the sc tires I have seen.

I am curious as to why you bring up DE racing wheels...I know they are a shade lighter than stock, but they flex like a banshee...lol.

Well, I run them and have been pleased with them. Just curious as to what you and most of the team drivers are running?

I preordered mine through Amain a few weeks ago so I hope I am one of the lucky ones that is accounted for then!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Well, I run them and have been pleased with them. Just curious as to what you and most of the team drivers are running?
Some colors and styles of the DE wheels flex like crazy. I run the DE 17mm SCT wheels in black color and have been very happy with them as well. They are however, quite a bit stiffer than some other models of their wheels.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, I run DE racing 17mm hex wheels and I am happy with them too, I takes them to the podium every time @ my track
Have not tried 12mm DE wheels so can't comment on those.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I skimmed a bunch of what I missed and I will say the new springs have one HUGE plus that really isn't mentioned enough... THEY FIT PROPERLY, far less drag on the body vs the original sets. They just have a better clearance, so if you are debating on getting them, do it.
the new springs are amazing feeling
Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Some colors and styles of the DE wheels flex like crazy. I run the DE 17mm SCT wheels in black color and have been very happy with them as well. They are however, quite a bit stiffer than some other models of their wheels.
I have white , gray , and yellow DE wheels and havent noticed any difference in flexibility ? And the rim part of the wheel flexes but the center seems plenty stiff IMO . The stockers on the other hand are stiffer on the rim but the centers flex and warp over time . I have 2 sets that have stress marks around the center of the wheels from flexing so much (which is why you get that clicking sound while turning sometimes) ......
Old 09-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I have white , gray , and yellow DE wheels and havent noticed any difference in flexibility ? And the rim part of the wheel flexes but the center seems plenty stiff IMO . The stockers on the other hand are stiffer on the rim but the centers flex and warp over time . I have 2 sets that have stress marks around the center of the wheels from flexing so much (which is why you get that clicking sound while turning sometimes) ......
Actually we figured out what the clicking comes from. Over time, when you turn, the wheels do flex and cut into the arms. Over time, the arms wear enough that it allows the wheel ring screws to contact the inside screw on the arm. So, replacing front arm every 6 months or so depending on how much you run can resolve this if its an issue.

And I was just curious personally...I am glad other companies are making wheels...most do now.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

On a hard dry track with a dusty surface would you want a softer compound tire or a harder compound. I'm thinking of trying out AKA Impact 8th scale tires in medium compound, does that sound good?
Old 09-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
On a hard dry track with a dusty surface would you want a softer compound tire or a harder compound. I'm thinking of trying out AKA Impact 8th scale tires in medium compound, does that sound good?
What is the actual track tempature? That is the best way to gauge what compound you should be running as well as moisture etc. In my opinion mediums are pretty hard, I wouldn't be running mediums unless it's 100+ track temp. But if it's hot and you want the tire to last longer at the expense of traction then run a medium.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
What is the actual track tempature? That is the best way to gauge what compound you should be running as well as moisture etc. In my opinion mediums are pretty hard, I wouldn't be running mediums unless it's 100+ track temp. But if it's hot and you want the tire to last longer at the expense of traction then run a medium.
Thanks, i'll go with soft.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by StPete40
Thanks Stang, been to the local track and going back Saturday. Just looking for a little input from any carpet burners.
on carpet, blitz tires are great(not the soft compound tho), sc10 tires were pretty good, and so were the salsh tire, all really good with a little sauce on them.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ryan,,
how is the weight bias on the new TLR chassis??
is it similar to stock or was more weight removed from the front then the back?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
Ryan,,
how is the weight bias on the new TLR chassis??
is it similar to stock or was more weight removed from the front then the back?
that's funny. one naysayer who didn't get enough hugs as a kid and now cries out to be noticed says the BCE chassis had too much removed from the back and now questions like this...

many more people here are thrilled with the performance of the BCE chassis in spite of the 3 pounds bill removed from the back of the chassis that completely destroys it's flight characteristics
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
that's funny. one naysayer who didn't get enough hugs as a kid and now cries out to be noticed says the BCE chassis had too much removed from the back and now questions like this...

many more people here are thrilled with the performance of the BCE chassis in spite of the 3 pounds bill removed from the back of the chassis that completely destroys it's flight characteristics
LMAO

I thought everyone already had 8ight-e on their ignore list so I didn't comment

I LOVE my BCE chassis. If anyone trys to tell you it isn't one of the best mods you can do to your truck...it's time to go get the rubber boots on cause the shiz is getting deep!!!! Was good enough for me to dominate the RC Pro Series here
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Not to clutter the Losi thread with RX8 stuff but the answer is yes, 2s cutoff is 6.0 volts. It doesn't hurt to bump it up to a custom lvc for new packs for the first 10 or so cycles to say 3.2 per cell so for 2s that would be 6.4. Any questions just pm me...
Right he is, LOL Lvc is called out usually in per cell increments just times the number of cells you run! 3.2 per cell would be 6.4 on LVC for the RX8 ON 2 CELL or 2s
Old 09-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK

C`mon Phreak he is allowed to have his say as well,NO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.