Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Im not sure if you can buy the blocks and shims individually but I know chris attbery was making stonger blocks and shims.
Originally Posted by bigjerry View Post
I have quite a few of his parts on my car now shocks and diffs got three big races coming up soon Southern Nats in La... Texas pro series and the Finals here in texas going to be a busy Oct . & November
http://mysite.verizon.net/res8x8be/a...ring/id47.html

blocks and shims for all three diffs for $20.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (98%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
http://mysite.verizon.net/res8x8be/a...ring/id47.html

blocks and shims for all three diffs for $20.
I just ordered 2 set of blocks and shims and diff pins as spares cant have enough spare parts
Old 09-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
Here solves the problem about all this chassis talk.

BCE + SCTe = WINNING DUH! lol

Cant wait to get the bce chassis again. Coming back from driving the dingo and doing wayyy better, raced tonight at SDRC against Patrick See (losi) and Jayson Pang (kyosho) and was in second behind pang and then my red wire to my on/off switch ripped off and my truck turned off. Sucked but was keeping up with them with the 2nd night in my scte after running a durango for awhile.
I'll be one that doesn't agree with your formula to "WINNING". The BCE chassis is great quality and fine for smaller tracks imo, but I race on a large 1/8 scale track and I've found the weight balance of the BCE chassis to be worse than the stock chassis. The area the BCE lost the most weight was in the rear due to the cut outs but, at least in the first revision, and no adjustments were made to help correct the f/r balance. Even w/ the lipo all the way back it wasn't enough to feel better than the stock over these larger jumps. I did pass this info on to Bill, in hopes of some tweaks down the road.

As it stands I sold my BCE, and my bills are going to the lightened losi as it releases.. though I'm in no hurry my season is ending this week for outdoor racing The new losi chassis seems to follow basic weight distribution better and shouldn't contribute to the front end dipping off large, long jumps. Guess time will tell

also I want to know where I can get the stock diff grease? anyone at losi know where I can get some?

Mr.juarez;9609931]its eight-e friend i believe that was selling it, not sure if he still is.
jmc23 was selling some.. have to ask him if he has extra to sell.

Wow been a while since I've been on here..

I skimmed a bunch of what I missed and I will say the new springs have one HUGE plus that really isn't mentioned enough... THEY FIT PROPERLY, far less drag on the body vs the original sets. They just have a better clearance, so if you are debating on getting them, do it.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
I'll be one that doesn't agree with your formula to "WINNING". The BCE chassis is great quality and fine for smaller tracks imo, but I race on a large 1/8 scale track and I've found the weight balance of the BCE chassis to be worse than the stock chassis. The area the BCE lost the most weight was in the rear due to the cut outs but, at least in the first revision, and no adjustments were made to help correct the f/r balance. Even w/ the lipo all the way back it wasn't enough to feel better than the stock over these larger jumps. I did pass this info on to Bill, in hopes of some tweaks down the road.

As it stands I sold my BCE, and my bills are going to the lightened losi as it releases.. though I'm in no hurry my season is ending this week for outdoor racing The new losi chassis seems to follow basic weight distribution better and shouldn't contribute to the front end dipping off large, long jumps. Guess time will tell
sorry to hear that, if you thought the weight that was takin off the rear was to much, why not buy these and place them towards the rear of the chassis/truck?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...sis-Weight-3oz
Old 09-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevepowling View Post
Is there any way to do this on an RX8 without hotwire?
No ,Steve you have to use a Hotwire to customize the LVC.If you ask around you can usually find someone with one at the track or hobby store.Around here most Peeps run the rs in 1/10 scale truck and buggy,so there is one to be found.What I don't like about the RX8 is that the default setting is LVC off!!!!You have to turn it on!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default part number

Anyne have the part number for the new TLR clamping wheel hexes? Thanks.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Have you ever driven an scte that's almost a pound lighter than stock? You should try it. It might change your opinion that heavier is better. If heavier were better then why don't you strap an extra pound on your truck and let us know how it works for you?
I was able to drive this truck Friday night. My first thought was steering was very twitchy. But after a few laps I really was liking it. Flew level and felt like it was glued to the track. IMO it worked very well in the 5 mins or so I drove it.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:15 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
You can get the diff blocks and shims in the diff seal kit or the gear set kit. Amain doesnt show the updated diff seal kit but the newer kit has the diff blocks in them.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Hardware-Ten-T

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Hardware-Ten-T
If I remember correctly, there was a change to the diff gears. Are these the most recent ones? Or is it like other running changes in that you may or may not get the most recent diff gears out?
Old 09-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
No ,Steve you have to use a Hotwire to customize the LVC.If you ask around you can usually find someone with one at the track or hobby store.Around here most Peeps run the rs in 1/10 scale truck and buggy,so there is one to be found.What I don't like about the RX8 is that the default setting is LVC off!!!!You have to turn it on!!!
Stupid question about RX8 in my hotwire I can adjust the LVC to like 3.0v 3.1v so on and so forth..

If I'm running 2s I should set it to say 6.8v or so right?? I don't think the RX8 will judge by individual cell when you custom set it??

I've had mine set @ 6.8v and it's been fine get about 12-15mins out of it.. I'm just wondering if someone might get steered wrong here if they set theirs to 3.4v and it actually runs their 2s down to 3.4v before it hits cut off
Old 09-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF View Post
If I remember correctly, there was a change to the diff gears. Are these the most recent ones? Or is it like other running changes in that you may or may not get the most recent diff gears out?
The newer diff gears will start with the scte RTR, last I heard they will be available around the time the RTR will be out. Ryan will be able to have some more info on this.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwilkinson View Post
Stupid question about RX8 in my hotwire I can adjust the LVC to like 3.0v 3.1v so on and so forth..

If I'm running 2s I should set it to say 6.8v or so right?? I don't think the RX8 will judge by individual cell when you custom set it??

I've had mine set @ 6.8v and it's been fine get about 12-15mins out of it.. I'm just wondering if someone might get steered wrong here if they set theirs to 3.4v and it actually runs their 2s down to 3.4v before it hits cut off

You are Correct.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
You are Correct.
Alright just didn't want someone getting confused and setting theirs for 3.4v or something and ruining lipos cause I was kinda getting confused too
Old 09-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Anyone have the Tim Bump chassis yet? I plan on ordering 1 this week. Would like to see one here.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Anyone have the Tim Bump chassis yet? I plan on ordering 1 this week. Would like to see one here.
I've got one. I'm in the middle of putting the truck back together after the chassis (and a few other upgrades) install. I'll try to take some pics tonight.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
I can highly recommend the Team Orion carbon 90c 6500mah for mains. Great lipo

I have had very good luck with the Orions as well. I also got a couple of Gens Aces, how can you not try them for the price , right? I am finding the saddles are heating up quite a bit during a good run. My Max Amps and Orions never really even feel warm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.