Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
They will if he contacts customer service.
I hope so because i puffed mine in a race Sat. i'm not sure why it puffed in the race. (thank god it didn't melt down) 6 min heat, rx8, 4.5 motor

I will have to contact customer service and see what they say .
Old 09-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
LVC should be used as a warning, not a tool!With the RX8 you can adjust it higher like 3.66 etc. to keep it from that warning point.Lipos do not like to be discharged that low,some can hang better than others tho.I only run 8 mins max with my truck unless I am running a a ten min main and I still don't hit LVC with my $110 Venoms. I can run past twelve mins but the motor starts to melt LOL Again use it as a warning not a tool and your batteries will last a lot longer
Is there any way to do this on an RX8 without hotwire?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I've always thought a bulldozer paint job would fit nicely on a SCTe.
Desert Camo with a white star on the doors, it can go as a M1 Tank ?
Old 09-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MONSTER JOE View Post
I hope so because i puffed mine in a race Sat. i'm not sure why it puffed in the race. (thank god it didn't melt down) 6 min heat, rx8, 4.5 motor

I will have to contact customer service and see what they say .
I hope they fix you up, I pulled the trigger on one this morning because I need a pack before next week.
I'm hoping I don't regret my decision
Old 09-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
Desert Camo with a white star on the doors, it can go as a M1 Tank ?
The losi is a tank,my next paint job will be army based tank themed. I push 1/8th scale buggies out the way
Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
i don't understand this. you say hitting cut off is bad and then recommend turning it up so you hit it sooner? what am i missing?
Well, I have seen some speedos come with the LVC set as low as 3v per cell and that is not good for you to constantly hit with a LiPo. When I say raise it, I mean raise it to 3.4-3.5. The issue with running a LVC is that sometimes, under high amp draw, it can hit that for a split second and you will shut down. I typically run for 6-8 minutes during practice because I want my batteries to last longer.

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
LVC should be used as a warning, not a tool!With the RX8 you can adjust it higher like 3.66 etc. to keep it from that warning point.Lipos do not like to be discharged that low,some can hang better than others tho.I only run 8 mins max with my truck unless I am running a a ten min main and I still don't hit LVC with my $110 Venoms. I can run past twelve mins but the motor starts to melt LOL Again use it as a warning not a tool and your batteries will last a lot longer
What he says...haha.

Originally Posted by cavg View Post
When to expect them in stores? amain hade them with an eta 9/7, but pushed it forward to 9/11 today or yesterday.

Got a big order on hold from them, but was waiting for the tuning kit. With the later date i'm gonna need to wait with the kit since i need the other stuff in order to race the upcoming weekends.

(and im in europe so the shipping takes a while)
These kits came in with no seal so we had to seal them up. We finished things on the CA side but they have to do the rework on the IL side and then they will ship.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Ryan, what kind Warranty do the losi packs carry?
Obviously if they have been abused it's out of the question.

Just curious
Old 09-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marco926 View Post
any reviews for the bump chassis ???
ditto , and reviews on the bump chassis ?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (98%+)

Hacker07

those little alum squares in the diff and small washers are they sold separt or just in a rebuild kit
Old 09-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjerry View Post
Hacker07

those little alum squares in the diff and small washers are they sold separt or just in a rebuild kit
You can get the diff blocks and shims in the diff seal kit or the gear set kit. Amain doesnt show the updated diff seal kit but the newer kit has the diff blocks in them.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Hardware-Ten-T

Old 09-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
Ryan, what kind Warranty do the losi packs carry?
Obviously if they have been abused it's out of the question.

Just curious
I know the word is something like free from defects at the time of purchase...but I know its a bit more lenient than that.

The problem with lipos is its really easy to abuse them and blow them up. Charging them on nimh mode on accident or running the 6.0v or even constantly running them to 6.4v will ruin them. Leaving them uncharged...etc etc. You can see my point though. Lipos are great for those willing to take care of them properly...when people tell me they puffed one or swelled one and stuff, I know its becuase something was usually done wrong. And I am not just talking to others, I do it too. Then you add in the races we run these at 110 degree weather for 10 minutes and get frustrated when they swell. Heck, I borrowed a charger just yesterday and didnt realize it was on nimh mode...next thing i knew, i looked over and my pack was at 8.6v...glad i noticed at that point...but now that pack is forever swelled.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
You can get the diff blocks and shims in the diff seal kit or the gear set kit. Amain doesnt show the updated diff seal kit but the newer kit has the diff blocks in them.

Dont need the hole kit just the diff blocks and shims most of the time less you blow a diff
Old 09-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjerry View Post
Dont need the hole kit just the diff blocks and shims most of the time less you blow a diff
Im not sure if you can buy the blocks and shims individually but I know chris attbery was making stonger blocks and shims.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Please just keep in mind this is the updated pack...so you may or may not get one with these parts. But I added them in this pack because i wanted another place for you all to get them.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Im not sure if you can buy the blocks and shims individually but I know chris attbery was making stonger blocks and shims.
I have quite a few of his parts on my car now shocks and diffs got three big races coming up soon Southern Nats in La... Texas pro series and the Finals here in texas going to be a busy Oct . & November

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.