Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 03:29 PM
  #19246  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
had a pretty good weekend of racing, I qualified 2nd and ended up taking 3rd in the main because my battery hit cut off 30 feet before the lap counter

oh well, at least I knew I was there.


Also I knew these trucks were heavy, but I puffed my protek 65c battery in that same main???
maybe the protek's are a little weak or something.

has anyone else puffed a 60-65c pack?
Hitting cut off is absolutely the worst thing you can do to a lipo pack. I would turn your lipo cutoff up and it should help out with that.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 03:31 PM
  #19247  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,307
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Outside most hole on the tower and outer most hole on the arm. There is an error on the setup sheet for numbering so it can get confusion giving the number on the tower.
Ryan mentioned using the middle hole on bottom of shock up front??
nitro0619 is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 03:34 PM
  #19248  
Tech Regular
 
Lucid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 264
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Hitting cut off is absolutely the worst thing you can do to a lipo pack. I would turn your lipo cutoff up and it should help out with that.
hmmm so that could have been why my battery puffed?

theres 2 other Losi's at my track, one with a 60c and one with a 25c pack an neither of them have puffed.

I'll probably order an excelorin 60c 6000 pack for the mains
Lucid is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 03:44 PM
  #19249  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Super Coupe View Post
Good race last Thursday with a couple losi's battling for the lead. The kid in the white and black truck has only been racing for 9 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X26FbgtQBgA
great video thanks for sharing it , i wish our races the back markers were that good that was awesome thanks for the video

most of our racers the back markers make or break your race
DBL15 is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 04:22 PM
  #19250  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Default

Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
great video thanks for sharing it , i wish our races the back markers were that good that was awesome thanks for the video

most of our racers the back markers make or break your race
Also, the one who got second and was on his but half the race is Mike Dumas. Sponsored by Tekin. He also used to race on road. That was his 2nd race night with his Losi 4wd. Running it absolutely bone stock what I hear. Haven't changed his oils or anything.
twigman08 is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 04:39 PM
  #19251  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The SCTE is a heavy truck but as has been discussed a lot on here the weight is not really a bad thing and helps the truck race in many ways. My point is don't be obsessed with saving weight. Make your hop up decisions based on performance or tuning additions and don't worry too much about the weight.
agreed x 1000000, All of ours are stock and my motor temps out at 145 after main. How much cooler does it need to be? Being heavier has more advantages than not...more planted, carry more speed, stability..etc. Can't tell you how many times I get bumped from behind only to send the offender in the pipe while I move along.
Buy stuff for performance not weight. Guys I run with are all stock weight and can turn 16 sec laps right out of the box. You don't need a light truck to be fast. You do need one that will finish the race.
larlev is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 04:41 PM
  #19252  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mxr300ex View Post
I just ran my SCTE with the emulsion set-up shocks just like in the Tim Bump video and man was it planted. I thought it was planted in stock form but this took it to another level. No bounce at all, even over jumping and flat landing it just sticks to the track and takes off. I really noticed the advantage on the rough parts of the track, just sucks up all the bumps like they're not even there.
Feels the same if you run bladders and build with little to no rebound..that's what I have found anyway.
larlev is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 04:48 PM
  #19253  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 309
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Feels the same if you run bladders and build with little to no rebound..that's what I have found anyway.
Are you saying compress the shock all the way fill with oil and install the cap with the shock compressed?
mxr300ex is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 04:52 PM
  #19254  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mxr300ex View Post
Are you saying compress the shock all the way fill with oil and install the cap with the shock compressed?
Fill with oil,bleed the shock then compress the shaft all the way and thread the shock cap on. That will allow zero rebound.
suby723 is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 04:56 PM
  #19255  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 309
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Fill with oil,bleed the shock then compress the shaft all the way and thread the shock cap on. That will allow zero rebound.
Thanks
mxr300ex is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 05:06 PM
  #19256  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
Also, the one who got second and was on his but half the race is Mike Dumas. Sponsored by Tekin. He also used to race on road. That was his 2nd race night with his Losi 4wd. Running it absolutely bone stock what I hear. Haven't changed his oils or anything.
yeh been running mine now for atleast 4 to 5 months still bone stock and have not finished worse then 3rd place and had more wins then i ever got with my old hyper lol

oh yeh still stock grease in the gears only change i have made is gold and silver springs thats it lol
DBL15 is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 05:10 PM
  #19257  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mxr300ex View Post
Thanks
HaHa...sorry, yep that's exactly right. Try it and compare to emulsion. It's always fun to tinker...
larlev is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 05:21 PM
  #19258  
Tech Adept
 
stevepowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Barrie, ON
Posts: 194
Default

Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
I'll probably order an excelorin 60c 6000 pack for the mains
Be careful with those packs, I picked one up yesterday from my LHS and it puffed on the FIRST CHARGE I put through it. Everything was set up on the charger correctly and it puffed half way through the first charge. It definitely wasn't fun considering how much they cost.
stevepowling is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 05:23 PM
  #19259  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stevepowling View Post
Be careful with those packs, I picked one up yesterday from my LHS and it puffed on the FIRST CHARGE I put through it. Everything was set up on the charger correctly and it puffed half way through the first charge. It definitely wasn't fun considering how much they cost.
I can highly recommend the Team Orion carbon 90c 6500mah for mains. Great lipo
larlev is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 05:32 PM
  #19260  
Tech Master
iTrader: (52)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Check out Speedzone usa. He has got some great lipos for the money. I have been running them for over a year with no problems.
tonyd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.