Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

newb ? will a tekin scx4 5.5 t work with my novak 3s esc? also what pinion should i start out with to be safe of overheating?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buckeyenut73 View Post
newb ? will a tekin scx4 5.5 t work with my novak 3s esc? also what pinion should i start out with to be safe of overheating?
Yes it will work fine , for pinion choice I would need more info , what truck ?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Put some good track time in today on the new "Lane" setup. Indoor clay track it was really good. Ran some new ss rebars and was planted. Had to go to enduros to get it to rotate a little more lol my truck is still heavy only installed carbon towers and hd outdrives. Runnin castle 1410.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex View Post
Would you say the Jammin is closer to the Losi or the Slash as far as handling goes?
I don't see an upper a-arm in the pictures he sent me? Take a look.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=12154...1163&sc=photos
Jammin is gonna be closer to the Losi because of the shrunk down 1/8 scale design and the low center of gravity.It is like comparing apples and oranges with a peach tho, to be honest!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Yes it will work fine , for pinion choice I would need more info , what truck ?
I am gonna go out on a Limb and say he is running the SCTE ..cuzz it is that thread LOL but never Know....
Old 09-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)
Default Sway Bar Question

Cam someone please tell me the sizes of the sway bars. Part# LOSB2222
Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Jammin is gonna be closer to the Losi because of the shrunk down 1/8 scale design and the low center of gravity.It is like comparing apples and oranges with a peach tho, to be honest!!!
Thanks for the help. My Losi is so planted and the Slash seems to bounce around a lot more on a rough track. I'm just hoping the Jammin feels planted like the Losi and not bouncy like the Slash.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

yeah bash em smash em the losi sct ten. local tenth scale short course track. not to long. pretty tight.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Would you say the Jammin is closer to the Losi or the Slash as far as handling goes?
I agree, closer to the Losi. Last year the Jammin and Hyper10 trucks seemed to be the most popular. I loved the way the Jammin handled, I just was disappointed on the front end durability. A slash in the right hands can hang no problem, but unless it's upgraded drive train it can lead to issues. I never had one issue with the Jammin CVD's, diff, pins, nothing. But the Losi is HANDS down a better build and beefier truck. Still the Jammin is good, its like Bmain said, closer to comparing a peach to an apple... Same fruit, different flavor.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Why in the world would they say to do that? The adjustable Losi inserts are made to work with the stock pins, at stock length, with the arm barely touching each insert. Cutting anything off of the pins will certainly make them too short

SNR
Originally Posted by 250r View Post
well I cut mine and I can guarantee they are to short now I went back on the site to verify and it says to cut 2mm off of them that sucks now I got to wait for new hinge pins
i have 2 sets of stock scte pins you can have for the shipping costs.

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Note: If you already cut your pins, feel free to start running around and screaming now. I am confident that there is not a single functional design in the RC universe that works successfully with cut rear pins.

Want to buy some modified e-revo pins?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

well, I am finished with the race track that having a heavier truck was benifical, well now I'm heading to a track that lighter is better, so time to put the light weight parts back on,

I am experimenting with taking off the plastic piece that sits under the diff. going for a little bit of weight reduction, but most of all the lower COG, has anyone else done this with the stock chassis and noticed any benifit??

I figure it's at least got to help a little even tho it's only like 4mm lower.
would love to do somthing with the battery tray but don't have a way to shave it down properly and evenly. I need a good sander or something.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
I am gonna go out on a Limb and say he is running the SCTE ..cuzz it is that thread LOL but never Know....
LOL , DUH ! Better living through chemistry

buckeyenut73 , I would start with a 15T pinion .......
Old 09-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I've driven all three. The slash is great for bashing (durability) but maintenance wise it's a nightmare (dirt/rocks getting into center bearing area).

Jammin handles great but it's built on a 1/12 scale platform (cry.5 truggy). I broke a lot of parts (my son does also), mostly a-arms.

The Losi is top notch once you get the diffs worked out, well shock towers too. I'm still on my original arms (6mo now) and the thing is bulletproof. I have all these extra brand new parts that I've never used.

I vote for the Losi all day long. The platform is so easy to work on and tune. I am actually going to sell our Jammin and get another Losi for my son.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wcrase101 View Post
I am experimenting with taking off the plastic piece that sits under the diff. going for a little bit of weight reduction, but most of all the lower COG, has anyone else done this with the stock chassis and noticed any benifit??

I figure it's at least got to help a little even tho it's only like 4mm lower.
would love to do somthing with the battery tray but don't have a way to shave it down properly and evenly. I need a good sander or something.
I took mine off and then took the dremmel and a cutting disk and removed material under the spur gear for clearence. I didn't have to cut all the way through, but it's very thin there. No issues so far and now the drive shafts sit much lower and closer to if not level.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
I took mine off and then took the dremmel and a cutting disk and removed material under the spur gear for clearence. I didn't have to cut all the way through, but it's very thin there. No issues so far and now the drive shafts sit much lower and closer to if not level.
I have now offically have done the same thing

lets see if it makes a noticable differance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.