Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I want to see someone make a chassis out of a Powell and Peralta skate deck.
I'm going to date myself here...I used to work for Tony Magnusson at Uncle Wiggly when I was in HS. Remember those?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevepowling
Just because you are sponsored by someone doesn't mean you have to use their products, but it does mean you have to endorse them.

Most RC sponsors,If you are contracted with them 'Require" that you not only Use their products......also,you must purchase regularly.....most ,require a purchase within 90 days or they drop you as a driver....

reason being that if you are not.buying....... you nor they are furthering your Racing!....also,required to fly there banners and wear there shirts.....at all race events

I'm a sponsored snowboarder on a national level, I love the products that my sponsored give me but i gotta tell ya, some of it is complete garbage as well. Every company produces good products and garbage ones, some just produce more garbage than others.
Originally Posted by barry1me
your right....but im talking about people asking questions about setups/rebuilds, and the ongoing informative stuff that many would like to know about.
Just got my new Truck....thing is freaking awesome....where are the setup sheets found at?? I havent offroaded in a while so....
I dont wanna waste time and money buying the wrong stuff for it!!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm off Topic and I'm gonna get flamed but who cares!

I'm sick of reading some of the BS people insist on posting. I know they can have their opinion but when you start telling others what is THE best, it's going to far IMHO.

I'll never get the need some people have to prove that the kit they bought is the best. It's like the kid who got an Xbox for Christmas and then went to school after the break and told everyone else that a Playstation sucks. Shouldn't we all grow out of this attitude?

In my own experience, I took a M16 Carbine to war with me in Afghanistan with a Browning 1911. Are there better guns out there? Could I have had a faster rate of fire? A more accurate weapon? Well YES but honestly WHO CARES!! Those guns kept me alive and I would trust them to do them same next time because I know them well, I am comfortable with them and I have confidence in them. The same should be true with any equipment we use in our lives.

A Porche 911 Turbo may be a crazy fast car but I will put up faster lap times with a VW GTI because I know it well, I am comfortable with it and I have confidence in it.

I would rather hear why you like and what you like about your kit and then, what you would like improved about it? An honest objective post about a piece of kit's strengths AND weaknesses is a lot more interesting than fan boy drivle.

Everyone runs the kit they want for the reasons they want, leave the shameless plugs and advertising to the TV infomercials and lets stick to discussing ways to enjoy and improve our trucks. Unless of course your life's ambition is to be Billy Mays

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Wait, Gatoraids not good for you?

With a sponsorship it should also be up to you to provide product feedback to help fix the issues you have with something they give you to ride or test. No one wants to ride garbage, but the feedback they got before had to help produce that garbage.
I completely agree! Sometimes the feedback to a sponsor is directly put back into the product, and sometimes it's not. Best example I can give is the new Pro4 motors...everyone has been craving one like mad and wishing they could get one sooner rather than later. But if Tekin had released it for purchase in the beginning of the summer and not had the team test it, there could have been huge issues with reliability and quality. Thus everyone would have complained that it wasn't tested enough.

All in all, no matter what a company does with their products, you will always have people that complain and moan just for the sake of it.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
Most RC sponsors,If you are contracted with them 'Require" that you not only Use their products......also,you must purchase regularly.....most ,require a purchase within 90 days or they drop you as a driver....

reason being that if you are not.buying....... you nor they are furthering your Racing!....also,required to fly there banners and wear there shirts.....at all race events
Really? Obviously sponsorships vary is different industries but I didn't realize their contracts are that thorough.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
If Losi made shoe laces you would claim they're the best and use them also, we get it

on a side note i just got an email for the ones waiting on lipos..

turnigys nano tech back in stock only 10+

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17265
Old 09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
I'm going to date myself here...I used to work for Tony Magnusson at Uncle Wiggly when I was in HS. Remember those?
You're a few years older than me but not by much.

That was a pretty historic time, must have been awesome to be a part of that.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
Just got my new Truck....thing is freaking awesome....where are the setup sheets found at?? I havent offroaded in a while so....
I dont wanna waste time and money buying the wrong stuff for it!!
There is a ton of information in the first post of this thread. The TLR tuning kit combines a number of the hop ups but it depends on if you feel you want all of what it comes with.

Most of the setup sheets from the team get posted here...

http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodID=LOSB0127

You're a few years older than me but not by much.

That was a pretty historic time, must have been awesome to be a part of that.
Things were so much simpler back then, haha.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stevepowling
Really? Obviously sponsorships vary is different industries but I didn't realize their contracts are that thorough.
Yes they do..........not all contracts are the same.....some are VERY Nice!

Have FUN with your "Racing"
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev

Whaaaaat, one of my favorite skateboards that I rode in the 80's, was the Uncle Wiggly "Fishstik" epoxy glass... That deck set a new standard, was very different from everything else.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got one of these trucks on order. Can't wait to get it on the track. Is there a way to tell if I got one with the good diff pins?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=hacker07;9608702]There is a ton of information in the first post of this thread. The TLR tuning kit combines a number of the hop ups but it depends on if you feel you want all of what it comes with.

thank's a ton....i have been Racing nitro onroad.....not getting enough wheel time so......with a dirt track around the corner.......This looks like the 8T roller..gonna be off Da chain!..LOL!!

Cant wait to try her out!
Thank's again
Donnie.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

ROFL holy crap I turn around and rebuild my shocks and clean up my SCTE a bit and then BAM 3 pages of my BCE chassis is the "bestest" thing on earth BS. Wow, kinda reminds me of Apple fanbois.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Super Coupe
Got one of these trucks on order. Can't wait to get it on the track. Is there a way to tell if I got one with the good diff pins?
If you just bought it then chances are that you'll have no issues. Only the first run had soft diff pins. 2nd run and beyond have the hardened pins. 2nd shipment trucks have a sticker on the battery tray that ends in A, and I believe 3rd shipment (and beyond?) ends in AA.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Factory Seal;9608727]
Originally Posted by hacker07
There is a ton of information in the first post of this thread. The TLR tuning kit combines a number of the hop ups but it depends on if you feel you want all of what it comes with.

thank's a ton....i have been Racing nitro onroad.....not getting enough wheel time so......with a dirt track around the corner.......This looks like the 8T roller..gonna be off Da chain!..LOL!!

Cant wait to try her out!
Thank's again
Donnie.

No problem, if you have any questions as you go along, many of the answers are here, but always feel free to ask away. Enjoy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.