Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It is pretty standard to go front center rear when talking about diff setups. Never hurts to get a qualificaiton.

Also it is almost always the case that the front is thicker then the rear.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
Thanks Casper, in 1/8 scale i've always run two holes in the wheel and two apposing holes in the tire, if i drill opposite of this hole in the wheel im goin into one of the braces.... Oh well im jus gonna run one hole,in the wheel and the two in my tire, hopefully its not out of balance! ...Thanks again!
It will not be out of balance much! LOL Varience in tire and glue will through it more out of balance then the hole.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
Any one know why there is only one breather hole in the stock scte wheels?
And is everyone running'm this way?
I actually prefer not to use vent holes in the wheels. Venting tires only allows plenty of air in and out so you don't get the cookie cutter effect. I run on loose tracks and having holes in the wheels allows all kinds of dirt inside (think centrifugal force) making it impossible to balance the wheels/tires.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
I actually prefer not to use vent holes in the wheels. Venting tires only allows plenty of air in and out so you don't get the cookie cutter effect. I run on loose tracks and having holes in the wheels allows all kinds of dirt inside (think centrifugal force) making it impossible to balance the wheels/tires.
This....

Not to mention the water that gets in through the holes in the wheels when you wash them.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

I had a friend mount up some tires real quick for me at a big race before the main, i slapped'm on and went out, my buggy felt terrible, I checked it afterwards, he didnt vent the wheels OR the tires!!.. Guess i should of come in for an air pressure adjustment!!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
You have now posted this a couple times...we get how you feel. There are a lot of good choices out there. I will stick with my TLR tested and tried and tuned NATIONAL CHAMPION winning chassis myself.

That was funny.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default retort

You have now posted this a couple times...we get how you feel. There are a lot of good choices out there. I will stick with my TLR tested and tried and tuned NATIONAL CHAMPION winning chassis myself.
No need to get saltly. Just posting actual experience with product that I think is the best choice out there right now and informing others before they make their choice. I dont get paid or receive special incentives for my opinions on this matter either. Nor am I sponsered by BCE in any way. Im sure you would have had nothing to say if I would have been boasting how much I liked the TLR chassis. My most recent of TWO posts were only to give some insight on the SNR carbon fiber chassis as a choice. I dont think 2 posts is being excessive considering the amount of reposts of how great the RX8 is or the Tekin Pro 4 , Castle 1410, etc. Also insinuating the TLR chassis is responsible for winning the National Championship is laughable. When it comes down to it, driving skills and setup are more important than anything else. I bet Phend or Evans could pull out a victory if the chassis was made from cardboard covered in goatskin. Those guys driving skills are elite and the biggest factor in any win. My .02 cents.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

can I ask why it has a hole, like for a starter box?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
can I ask why it has a hole, like for a starter box?
for the handfull of people to run nitro in the scte
Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless420
No need to get saltly. Just posting actual experience with product that I think is the best choice out there right now and informing others before they make their choice. I dont get paid or receive special incentives for my opinions on this matter either. Nor am I sponsered by BCE in any way. Im sure you would have had nothing to say if I would have been boasting how much I liked the TLR chassis. My most recent of TWO posts were only to give some insight on the SNR carbon fiber chassis as a choice. I dont think 2 posts is being excessive considering the amount of reposts of how great the RX8 is or the Tekin Pro 4 , Castle 1410, etc. Also insinuating the TLR chassis is responsible for winning the National Championship is laughable. When it comes down to it, driving skills and setup are more important than anything else. I bet Phend or Evans could pull out a victory if the chassis was made from cardboard covered in goatskin. Those guys driving skills are elite and the biggest factor in any win. My .02 cents.
Have you even ran the SNR, Bump, or Losi chassis? How can your advice be taken with any cred if you haven't compared "real world" all of them?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Been runn'n 1/8 nitro buggy for the last 6 years, figured i'd kick back with a lil plug n play.... Then i opened the directions for my RX8!!!... uhhh .. last time i ran electric was novak cyclones and nmh was the $h-t!!.... Lol turn'n needles does'nt seem so bad right now!!!! Guess i cant just "LEAN IT OUT" anymore!!!..Lol
Old 09-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Have you even ran the SNR, Bump, or Losi chassis? How can your advice be taken with any cred if you haven't compared "real world" all of them?
So? Your gonna believe a pro losi driver who cant run any other chassis besides losi chassis and products?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
No need to run the BUNK chassis since he copied the design from BCE and uses an anodized finish which I disdain. As stated in my prior post the long term wear characteristics and temper of carbon fiber (ie SNR) are know to all, or at least most. As for the TLR chassis, well I can only test what is AVAILABLE. The chassis just became available and honestly I dont really care to test it at this point as I am extemely satisfied with my AMERICAN MADE, superior material and workmanship constructed, revised although copied tail section innovated BCE CHASSIS.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default bce

Originally Posted by Brushless420
I would use the front aluminum brace and the longer rear plastic brace. That seems to be a great combo with the BCE chassis.
cool 420, thanks for the insight, i was not sure what way i wanted to head in.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bustanut666
i believe i have every SNR piece for this truck.. and have not had a single issue with any of it.. quality is supurb.. and i run my truck alot, 2-3 times a week at the track.. and customer service is top notch.. if you have any questions/concerns, contact SNR, he will get back to you right away... wish i could say the same about many other companies...
+1

I've been running SNR parts for quite some time in multiple trucks and buggies. Over the years, Steve has always shown great great customer service and high quality parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.