Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
Honestly, I thought about buying some of the "bling" pieces like front top plate and center top plate, but now im pretty sure I would never buy a single snr piece. The work is crap, the designs are terribly flawed (pin holders) and they cant even represent themselves professionally on their website. look at the picture Ridley posted of a shock tower with egged holes and different drilling patterns left to right. I would really wish it if people stop buying their stuff and the posting about poor quality fit and finish. Read thru the pages here, do a search on snr and look at the info, then buy some quality TLR and BCE parts.
i believe i have every SNR piece for this truck.. and have not had a single issue with any of it.. quality is supurb.. and i run my truck alot, 2-3 times a week at the track.. and customer service is top notch.. if you have any questions/concerns, contact SNR, he will get back to you right away... wish i could say the same about many other companies...
Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default shock caps

P
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
In that case, you will have to drill them out...or if you want to send them in, I will do it myself for you. We have very little of the older stock left and I thought it was gone until I checked the warehouse myself. We did however just get a new shipment in that is the updated part.

The updated ones have a revA on the back of the header card but the same part number.

I would have done it too, lol. You really want to use emulsion shocks on that track. You can send them in and I will drill it myself.
Hey Ryan on the emulsion how far up from the bottom of the shock cap are you drilling and.what size or # drill bit are you using? Looking to try this out for our pro series this weekend. What oils would you recommend for 1/8 size track with big jumps.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Honestly, I thought about buying some of the "bling" pieces like front top plate and center top plate, but now im pretty sure I would never buy a single snr piece. The work is crap, the designs are terribly flawed (pin holders) and they cant even represent themselves professionally on their website. look at the picture Ridley posted of a shock tower with egged holes and different drilling patterns left to right. I would really wish it if people stop buying their stuff and the posting about poor quality fit and finish. Read thru the pages here, do a search on snr and look at the info, then buy some quality TLR and BCE parts.
Have you purchased any parts from SNR? Have you even seen any in person? Doesn't sound like it. Save your thoughts on SNR until you have first hand knowledge. I've got pretty much every part made on my truck except for the towers and it all fits fantastic. I've also put it through the ringer and it's held up perfectly. I agree with you, Steve should change the pic of the towers on his site, that just doesn't look good. But I can assure you, his parts are high quality and durable. Slightly textured raw looking vs. shiny, I bought my pieces for the performance gains. They could look like they have warts all over them for all I care, if it makes me faster. But they don't, they have a unique look that I think actually is pretty cool. Everyone that's looked at my truck in person agrees, including a few of the TLR drivers. There's many more happy people with his parts than unhappy. Customer service is second to none and if something is wrong with the parts, I can assure you he'll make it right.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racert28 View Post
Ok I have a question. I just got done practicing with my new Pro4 4000kv and after around 7 min I came in and checked temps. They were at 176. I have the RX8 setup with 10deg timing, 65 on the limiter, and 10% drag break. I am running throttle profile 3, motor type 1, and standard RPM settings for timing advance. I have it geared at 13/40 with a 65ft strait. I have a race tomorrow night, and I would like to see if I can get the temps down a little. Any advice?
To start remove the drag brake.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

This post is absolute garbage. What you see on this thread is a guy working his butt off to supply us with aftermarket parts and openly sharing the development of these parts with the people on this forum. I own all but the chassis plate and the parts are great and work as advertised. Shut your pie hole and go somewhere else if you can't handle yourself any better than this.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 250r View Post
well i got my carbon snr chassis in yesterday. i was wondering if anyone else had gotten one in yet im not bashing on steve at snr but the surface finish is not that great? or is it just my chassis it has a rough textured finish too it im used to carbon being smooth on both sides its almost like it was maybe vacum bagged too long and the resin has sucked its way into the carbon cloth. im sure it would not affect the strengh but for 140 dollars i was hoping for a super slick looking piece. i also ordered the taller towers and they are the same way the carbon is textured? ive use snr before with no issues i wanted to see if any of you guys had the same look on your chassis i was thinking about asking if i could exchange it. the bad thing is i just ordered every other carbon piece he makes for the scte almost 300$ worth of stuff when i was done. i have two buddys i run with that were waiting for my chassis to see if they were going to order one after seeing it they both decided not to get one solely because of the finish. maybe it was a first run thing? also the chassis has no kick ups on the side where the mud gaurds bolt on so when you mount them they point downward and hang below the bottom of the chassis. just a heads up incase anyone was looking to get one

you mean this?

the snr towers i have are smooth as glass

pretty well said! With that said, its pretty much irritating for him coming back here and saying the guards are hanging out, the finished quality isnt up there when there has been talks about this for weeks and on a daily basis. search feature is one hell of a free option
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

wow did not realize this was such a sore subject with the snr parts i really like the parts and ill keep my mouth shut from here on out lol hurrican about to hit us here in louisiana so no running this weekend to test the chassis out
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
you mean this?
that looks like the prototype chassis.... wasn't this picture taking at OCRC...
Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 250r View Post
wow did not realize this was such a sore subject with the snr parts i really like the parts and ill keep my mouth shut from here on out lol hurrican about to hit us here in louisiana so no running this weekend to test the chassis out
The problem is not SNR. Everyone with a mouth and a sphincter has an opinion. The problem is too many opinions coming out the wrong end. If we were to publish a picture of every SNR part delivered in perfect flawless condition this thread would be nothing but pictures of nice looking carbon fiber.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
The problem is not SNR. Everyone with a mouth and a sphincter has an opinion. The problem is too many opinions coming out the wrong end. If we were to publish a picture of every SNR part delivered in perfect flawless condition this thread would be nothing but pictures of nice looking carbon fiber.
like my snr pin holders with holes drilled in opposite diretction? im not talking out of my azz everyone had the same issues at first, but i think i read some where where he "updated" the pin holders? on the other hand, i dont have issues with the towers
Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

To kind of change the subject, I am planning out my build. I have not even bought the kit yet. I am getting all of the electronics and hop up parts first. My goal is a 200 gm weight reduction. I don't care about how smooth the chassis is as long as it is the lightest one and it is durable.

SNR 3.7mm chassis = -110 gm
Titanium Turnbuckles = -10 gm
Titanium Hinge Pins = -10 gm
TLR outdrives = -13 gm
SNR Hingepin Holders = -35 gm
SNR or TLR carbon shock towers = -?gms

That totals about 178 grams without taking into account the weight of the carbon shock towers. What is the weight savings of the shock towers? I think they might put me where I want to be at a 200 gm weight reduction. That should be enough to put a kick in its step.

Also, is there any titanium hinge pins yet for this truck besides the limited production run done by Chris? That is an easy 10 gms if there is.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have seen the SNR stuff and it is nice quality.

With that being said lets move on from SNR talk in here and get back on subject. If you guys want to talk about the need for SNR stuff or the quality start a thread about SNR and talk about it there please.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have the snr shock towers and hinge pin holders. Towers are holding up great. Hinge pin holders not so well. The front of the front holder blew apart where the pin slides in and in the process took out a shock cap. Running aluminum now.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R.Bryant View Post
I have the snr shock towers and hinge pin holders. Towers are holding up great. Hinge pin holders not so well. The front of the front holder blew apart where the pin slides in and in the process took out a shock cap. Running aluminum now.
exact my case here too, towers are great! do you mind adding the pics of it to this thread in the future?

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
If we were to publish a picture of every SNR part delivered in perfect flawless condition this thread would be nothing but pictures of nice looking carbon fiber.
im done giving ppl hard times off to work..

casper

do you know if the new rtr will have the same diff aluminum block as the art? i know you guys said the driveles will be changed along with the newer diff gears, but what about the blocks since those are becoming embeded to the shims?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Nothing different in the ARR and the RTR. The shims imbedding into the blocks should not be a big deal with the new gears. The new gears are so much longer with better contact between the gears even if this does happen should not effect performance or life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.