Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default fyi

Originally Posted by Starlite033
There was someone much earlier in this thread (page 250ish) who had the same problem.

Turns out his connectors were the issue but I can't remember the details completely. In his case though a flaw in his connectors was limiting his current and his solder would melt as a byproduct

Just a though if you want to try and check it out.

Star
i to run the promatch 65c 2s. i had 1 connector completly come off last weekend and when looking at their solder job, it was barely held on by any solder, you might want to resolder your connections, i don't think they come with a very good solder job, and that would lead to overheating also
Old 08-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChefDementia
Casper, what pinion are you running with that motor?
14/40 is how I had it geared. Tons of power and came off the track between 150-160 all weekend. Super impressed with the smoothness of the control and the over all power this little motor produces. I am believer that is for sure.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Absolutely, Casper had a pretty darned good day today!

Felix is one fast dude! Congrats on your 1st and 2nd place finishes!

Rick, good meeting you today, glad you could make it out. Now that you've got a taste of OCRC, hopefully we'll be seeing you out there from time to time! Mmmm....trophy girl...That girl was so hot it should be illegal, but she did have one flaw, she didn't go home with me
..You Hack!JK.Ya Scott ,great to meet you and Glad you got out without the Florida Mafia Moping up! LOL.A very fun day hanging out with you.Thanx again for letting me run your truck.Holy mother of all traction Wow running on that track will take some getting used to.thanx !!
I will be back!!See ya soon!!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Prophet

The traction this weekend at OCRC is about as good as it gets there. Typically only seen for big races there. Slicks can produce some insane traction that is for sure. Normal traction is a little less but still great. The layout is super fun and racing was close. Some good battles this weekend.

Felix was fast for sure. I was checking the lap times and he was fast an consistant. Wish I had a little better start to race a little with him but glad to see a SCTE on top which is getting to be a pretty common site these days!

Last edited by Casper; 08-29-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
Hehe... Sooo, how'd you do?
I was super happy with my performance this weekend. I'm a sportsman level driver in the truest sense so I didn't expect to do too well. But I was happy and didn't end up in the D-main. I qualified 5th in the C-main and ended up taking 2nd place and the transfer spot to the B-main. That's definitely nothing to be ashamed of since AE Factory driver Chris Jarosz took the win. He was in the C-main because he broke twice in qualifying and the way they seeded you was based on adding your two best out of three qualifying heats. Once into the B, I started off pretty well and worked up to about 4th having avoided some carnage ahead of me, but I crashed once and then just unravelled and ended up 9th of 10 in the B But I did better than I thought I would have and I had such an awesome time! There was a little drama but I didn't let it put a damper on my weekend.

Originally Posted by BmainStar
..You Hack!JK.Ya Scott ,great to meet you and Glad you got out without the Florida Mafia Moping up! LOL.A very fun day hanging out with you.Thanx again for letting me run your truck.Holy mother of all traction Wow running on that track will take some getting used to.thanx !!
I will be back!!See ya soon!!
Heck yeah, I'm the biggest hack EVER I think you were still there when the Team manager/RC Bashers Raceway owner came up to me and was apologetic. I think he was extremely embarrassed by their actions. Eh, it is what it is. It was great hanging with you, haha man you know there's traction when 2wd buggys and 1/8th scale buggys are traction rolling! No problem on letting you run a pack through the truck, how'd you like that tekin Pro4 motor? PM and let me know when you're gonna come out, I'll be sure to come out and hack into you, er, I mean, run with you
Old 08-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

So with this new Tekin Pro4 motor coming out, what's the best kv to go with for the TEN-SCTE? .....since there are 3 versions from what I've seen.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Most guys prefer the 4600 in the Losi.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
So with this new Tekin Pro4 motor coming out, what's the best kv to go with for the TEN-SCTE? .....since there are 3 versions from what I've seen.
Honestly it's probably going to be track dependent, but it's a lot easier to tame a higher kv motor down with gearing and esc/radio settings than it would be to get a lower kv motor run on a bigger track. My vote goes for the 4600 kv motor because that's what I've got and even geared down to 13T on the pinion, I still had more power than almost any other truck out there other than Casper who was running the same motor as me. But if you've got a super small track, I'm sure you'd be more than happy with either the 3300 or 4000. I don't have any experience with either of those and haven't seen any in person though, so I can't give a definitive answer on them, but since the 1410 is a 3800kv, I'm sure the 4000kv Tekin would be an excellent choice as well.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Prophet

I agree with Scott that it is easier to tame a motor down then it is to speed a motor up! With that being said I think it will depend on your track. If your local track is small and tight the 4000 might be a great choice as the 4600 is a monster of a motor. If you go to differenent tracks some large some small then go 4600 and you can setup two different profiles in your speedo for each track. I run on a lot of high bite tracks so I can lay down some power so I went with the big one there there are lots of smaller indoor tracks I see around the country where I think the 4000 would be a better choice if that is all you run on. Make sense?

I believe the 3300 was designed for 3s so it is more of a basher motor since most places limit you to 2S for racing. Correct me if I am wrong Ty or Randy.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The 3300 was meant for 3s. Casper is correct.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Have andbody tried the SNR 9mm taller front/rear shock towers? If so what do the extra height suppose to do?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
Have andbody tried the SNR 9mm taller front/rear shock towers? If so what do the extra height suppose to do?
more tunning options..
Old 08-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
I believe it allows you to use 8ight buggy or truggy shocks (buggy i think).

As far as I know, now that we have the tuning springs for the SCTE available, running the 8ight shocks is just adding weight. So there really isnt a point to those shock towers anymore. Personally, I would buy (have bought already) the Losi Carbon towers. Atleast you know the quality will be great.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13
I believe it allows you to use 8ight buggy or truggy shocks (buggy i think).
That's what I was thinking but I know a guy who uses them on the regular shocks towers.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Prophet

You can limit the shocks and run normal towers as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.