Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Out Front Frames

Here's a pic of the hingepin holders I've had for months. I surely hope snr bought the design from Wes and it's not a complete rippoff
Oh bruuuuther..

Last edited by Doug D; 08-28-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Out Front Frames

Here's a pic of the hingepin holders I've had for months. I surely hope snr bought the design from Wes and it's not a complete rippoff
I also hope everyone in the rc industry is paying each other for the rights to use CF shock tower designs. You know somone had to be the first to do that and now everyone is ripping them off!!!

If you want to get paid for someone using what you claim as your original design then you need to file for a patent.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
I also hope everyone in the rc industry is paying each other for the rights to use CF shock tower designs. You know somone had to be the first to do that and now everyone is ripping them off!!!

If you want to get paid for someone using what you claim as your original design then you need to file for a patent.

You would think someone just revolutionized racing.. while in reality they all copied losi. Umm who cares

I know my original SNR hinge pin holders came to me all messed up, actually two sets did. The holes were not even close to stock, and don't forget about the pin length issue they created due to sizing. With any luck they didn't screw up the holes for the adjustable plugs at least now they will be usable ;P LOL. Sorry had to be said..
Old 08-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

looking to buy a new chassis, and there a couple out there now. Can anyone give me some feed back between the bce, bump and losi chassis....... im leaning towards the bce but it would be nice to have the hard anodized look too.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
You would think someone just revolutionized racing.. while in reality they all copied losi. Umm who cares

I know my original SNR hinge pin holders came to me all messed up, actually two sets did. The holes were not even close to stock, and don't forget about the pin length issue they created due to sizing. With any luck they didn't screw up the holes for the adjustable plugs at least now they will be usable ;P LOL. Sorry had to be said..
You mean your holes were something akin to the ones pictured here below? This pic is from the SNR website. How many flaws can you see in this one part....we can make it a game I'll go first....three camber link hole on one side, 2 on the other, holes machined off kilter, oblong holes, carbon has voids, non symetrical shape. Overall Awesome quality Looks like something I made in 7th grade shop class, lol, and guys are buying chassis made like this? Wowsers!!

If you guys are happy with the Walmart shopping then continue on! I won't say anything more about it....

Last edited by Ridley; 08-28-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afaberc
looking to buy a new chassis, and there a couple out there now. Can anyone give me some feed back between the bce, bump and losi chassis....... im leaning towards the bce but it would be nice to have the hard anodized look too.
I don't have any experience with the Losi or the Bump chassis, but I can say the BCE is worth the money IMO. The car performs great with the chassis. I got one of the first run BCE chassis and have been running it since then.(couple months now Id guess) This thing is wearing like iron. There are people putting in droop screw pads and stuff on other chassis to prevent the screw digging in, but the BCE is holding up great. I am in the middle of a tear down right now and here is a picture of the point where the droop screw contacts the chassis. Only one small little ding at the point where the droop screw contacts. My stock chassis had a bigger dent in it there the day I took it out of the box, and after a couple race days was looking really chewed up. Something to be said about using good materials to start with.

I was a bit skeptical of not having anodizing at first, but I must say, I actually think it helps keep the chassis looking good longer. Nothing worse than the scratches through the anno on the bottom of the chassis making it look all chewed up after only a race or 2. With no anno, a little steel wool and you could polish it right back up to look like new again if you really wanted to. But at a minimum at least its all the same color still so the scratches and stuff don't really look as bad IMO.

Droop screw contact point

Bottom of chassis after a couple months of racing. No skid plates or anything.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

You mean your holes were something akin to the ones pictured here below? This pic is from the SNR website. How many flaws can you see in this one part....we can make it a game I'll go first....three camber link hole on one side, 2 on the other, holes machined off kilter, oblong holes, carbon has voids, non symetrical shape. Overall Awesome quality Looks like something I made in 7th grade shop class, lol, and guys are buying chassis made like this? Wowsers!!

If you guys are happy with the Walmart shopping then continue on!
Maybe they were prototype towers for dirt oval..

I'm happy with my chassis from SNR, no problems whatsoever. Those towers are odd though, wonder if he "bought" that tower design from OFF?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Doug D
Maybe they were prototype towers for dirt oval..

I'm happy with my chassis from SNR, no problems whatsoever. Those towers are odd though, wonder if he "bought" that tower design from OFF?
I think he must have bought that design from WECSOG

A pun that only the most die hard firearms enthusiast like myself will understand...or someone with google
Old 08-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r
looks like i will be going for the hobby wing. best bang for the buck from what i can see
I am planning on getting this esc as well. When you look on the hobbypartz page where all of the esc are listed, they also have a package deal you can get that comes with the program card and a sensored brushless motor of choice.

I am planning on getting the 4000kv tenshock, however there is a 4000kv sensored option if you get the package. Has anyone ever tried out one of these motors? If the ESC is that good then why not the motor?

The question I guess would be, do you need the program card? It says the esc can be programmed without it. Are there features the ESC has that can only be accessed through the program card?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

I think he must have bought that design from WECSOG

A pun that only the most die hard firearms enthusiast like myself will understand...or someone with google
It stands for the " Wiley E. Coyote School Of Gunsmithing." Its a tonge-in-cheek reference to learning as you go and suffering bloody injuries along the way.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Hi Guys Just a follow up on the Ano issue.
We have offered Hard Ano in the past for Many years.
Yes It sounds really neat, But As Jhutz pointed
out it just dose not last. Tru Mill/spec ano is not sealed,
and will soak up most any liquids, and stains (really bad with fuel)
It is not resistant to some cleaning chemicals (color changes)
Will fade in the sun, just some of the draw backs from using.
We have had more Plus feedback, just using our Pure Machined
Billet 7075 . Also the maintenance is very easy to keep very nice.
One really good recommendation was pre spraying the chassis
with Pledge, and the top stays really nice(dirt resistant).
Here Are some pics from last years worlds
We provide Chassis for Team A/E and note the finish.
We have looked into many solution's for
added wear, But the only real deal is the using
only the very best USA Made Materials.
Drake New Mod 2.0 worlds.

Drake Fri Quals.

J/Tebo

RIP

Ryan M Team A/E.. BCE Worlds

BCE SCTE PRO 4X4
Old 08-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jhautz
It stands for the " Wiley E. Coyote School Of Gunsmithing." Its a tonge-in-cheek reference to learning as you go and suffering bloody injuries along the way.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Looks like Maifields cars has not even seen the track yet.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Old 08-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Who's the midget?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.