Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 09:41 AM
  #1846  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
starting to sound like the 4poles and 550's are the clash of the titans...

depending on what speed control you use. the 550's are fully programmable to suit whatever needs suit the driver. just off the top of my head.... my mmp can:
-adjust punch control
-adjust start power
-map custom throttle curve

ive not had any issues with my mmp on the 550 coming from the slash... my 3 mmp's are a bit older. what is causing these newer ones to have issues??
The new MMP's just seem to cog incessantly. Glitch buster, no glitch buster, direct rx power....it don't matter...they just stutter around and suck. Changed the programming versions back revisions.....nothing helps them. Send them back in...and the returned ones do the same exact thing. My last MMP worked great for over a year, then I broke off the sensor port and have nothing but issues trying to get a new one to work. I'm done fed up with them now, and went with the RX8. No more running capacitors, or other band aids to get them to work....MUCH better esc

Hopefully not another motor war. IMHO...the 4.5 550's are lacking in the heavier 4x4 sct's. Definitely feels like a complete dog compared to running one in a slash 4x4. I'd really like to get that level of power back in this truck.....I have high hopes for the 1415 motor...just have to see if it will run a 20/40 gearing without melting down this weekend
Ridley is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
  #1847  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 381
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
starting to sound like the 4poles and 550's are the clash of the titans...

depending on what speed control you use. the 550's are fully programmable to suit whatever needs suit the driver. just off the top of my head.... my mmp can:
-adjust punch control
-adjust start power
-map custom throttle curve

ive not had any issues with my mmp on the 550 coming from the slash... my 3 mmp's are a bit older. what is causing these newer ones to have issues??
Hey I have the same setup is you. What settings are you running on your MMP?
LRPO is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 AM
  #1848  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,258
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
The new MMP's just seem to cog incessantly. Glitch buster, no glitch buster, direct rx power....it don't matter...they just stutter around and suck. Changed the programming versions back revisions.....nothing helps them. Send them back in...and the returned ones do the same exact thing. My last MMP worked great for over a year, then I broke off the sensor port and have nothing but issues trying to get a new one to work. I'm done fed up with them now, and went with the RX8. No more running capacitors, or other band aids to get them to work....MUCH better esc

Hopefully not another motor war. IMHO...the 4.5 550's are lacking in the heavier 4x4 sct's. Definitely feels like a complete dog compared to running one in a slash 4x4. I'd really like to get that level of power back in this truck.....I have high hopes for the 1415 motor...just have to see if it will run a 20/40 gearing without melting down this weekend
+1 on the mmp. I had three. each time trying it another chance. I will never run a mmp again. Unless to do a major HW revision on their issues. I'll be using a RX8 in my 4x4 sc as well.
teeforb is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 09:55 AM
  #1849  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

countdown until an angry MMP owner comes in and tells you that you're all dumb. 3,2,1...
lowroad is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:00 AM
  #1850  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
D-money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

ALL RIGHT GUYS STOPBASHING THE MMP IT IS THE GREATEST THING ON EARTH!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!
D-money is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
  #1851  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

lowroad is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:28 AM
  #1852  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I am just glad that some have come back here after running their trucks to talk about it. Its nice to see some feedback.

As for the ESC/Motor stuff, its on about a thousand threads and I suppose it will just continue to be. Run what makes you happy is all I can say there, because after all, its a hobby and thats what its about.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:34 AM
  #1853  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
D-money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

is there a fix for the rear springs rubbing the shock bodies
D-money is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM
  #1854  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

None that I know of. It has not really been an issue so far. I know what you are talking about though.
Casper is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:55 AM
  #1855  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know what pinion I should run with a 4.5? Anyone actually run a pinion yet that they are happy with?
Ram4whldr is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 AM
  #1856  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
Cackswayn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin Tx.
Posts: 445
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D-money View Post
is there a fix for the rear springs rubbing the shock bodies
Hot bodies shocks lol
Cackswayn is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 AM
  #1857  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
heavyjeffd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,805
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Rather than scroll through 124 pages, I have a few questions about this truck

Pinion choice with a 4.5/2S setup?

Any known issues/bugs with the truck? What are the work arounds (if any)?

Thanks.
heavyjeffd is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:59 AM
  #1858  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
Rather than scroll through 124 pages, I have a few questions about this truck

Pinion choice with a 4.5/2S setup?

Any known issues/bugs with the truck? What are the work arounds (if any)?

Thanks.
For gearing, on the setup sheets I have seen 15t.
rfleck is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 11:02 AM
  #1859  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
hyperdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: grand rapids, mi
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
Rather than scroll through 124 pages, I have a few questions about this truck

Pinion choice with a 4.5/2S setup?

Any known issues/bugs with the truck? What are the work arounds (if any)?

Thanks.
pinion 14t-16t... your choice

rear hubs... just replace with alum ones

and tie rods may pull out.. switch 2.0 ti rods problem solved

thats about it... just drive the crap out of it!!!!!!
hyperdesigns is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
  #1860  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
jboquire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 393
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am just glad that some have come back here after running their trucks to talk about it. Its nice to see some feedback.

As for the ESC/Motor stuff, its on about a thousand threads and I suppose it will just continue to be. Run what makes you happy is all I can say there, because after all, its a hobby and thats what its about.

Well said Ryan,
let's keep this thread focused on this great truck, we all have different opinions about the electronics we use in our toys but at the end of the day, that's all they are, opinions.
jboquire is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.