Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post

At least he doesn't try to steal transponders ?
Ouch! Hell I didn't try, I did. I'll get it back to him ASAP.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
why do you guys waste your time replying to an obvious child (who said he doesnt even have a truck yet)?
Its an excuse to clown around a little bit. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

why do you guys waste your time replying to an obvious child (who said he doesnt even have a truck yet)?
+ post count? jk
Old 08-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm sure this question has been covered in this thread somewhere but I have looked and I can't find the info I am looking for. In need of some electrical help:

Using a Hitec servo and is was stalling out on me. Friend installed a capacitor and a Y harness to my Spektrum SR300 receiver. He said it was due to the receiver not supplying enough power to the servo. This sort of seems like "cheating" my electronics. My question is do I need a different servo or a receiver that supplies more current to the HiTec servo?

This is on a Ten-SCTE, 7.4v LiPo powered. The ESC is a CC Mamba SCT with the 5.5 CC motor.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MisfitFndr View Post
I'm sure this question has been covered in this thread somewhere but I have looked and I can't find the info I am looking for. In need of some electrical help:

Using a Hitec servo and is was stalling out on me. Friend installed a capacitor and a Y harness to my Spektrum SR300 receiver. He said it was due to the receiver not supplying enough power to the servo. This sort of seems like "cheating" my electronics. My question is do I need a different servo or a receiver that supplies more current to the HiTec servo?

This is on a Ten-SCTE, 7.4v LiPo powered. The ESC is a CC Mamba SCT with the 5.5 CC motor.
This will fix your problems..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Adjustable-BEC
Old 08-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MisfitFndr View Post

Its your ESC, I run the MMP and still have to run an external BEC with my Savox servo's, I was running a capacitor, but went ahead and got the BEC
Im debating on getting rid of my MMP just for thgis reason and going to Tekin... I just really like the CastleLink software better than Tekins, much more user friendly
Old 08-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Had my new Losi 4x4 out for the first time this past Saturday. It handles great. Only question I had was when I did the diffs and filled them with oil. After I reassembled them they felt notchy. I removed one of the shims and it was smooth. Anyone else having to do this? Also after the first trip on the track 2 of the 4 shock boots slid off. Is everybody leaving them on or removing them and running rock guards?
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post

+1

suby how'd you get your hands on that tekin motor already? everywhere i look says september.
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If anyone is interested overdrive rc has preorder on the RTR Losi SCTE for $469
here is the link. http://www.overdriverc.com/cart.php
Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

+1

suby how'd you get your hands on that tekin motor already? everywhere i look says september.
hahaha wellll I just wanted to make myself feel better while I already preordered it and have to wait very very imatiently now.. sorta kinda counts right!?
Old 08-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
hahaha wellll I just wanted to make myself feel better while I already preordered it and have to wait very very imatiently now.. sorta kinda counts right!?
lol i guess...I raced against one this past weekend (unofficially)...thing had some pep.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

I've been fighting my sc10 4x4 since the day it came out!! Im done just ordered the scte I got it from amain should the diff pins in the kit be replaceda or they the good ones I did not know if it was taken care of on the new kits. Any other fixes out the box gonna put my 8ight shocks on first thing. Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
ROFL, while that bike is a piece of CF artwork, I would never own or ride one. Just kinda trying to show the $140.00 chassis in relation to other CF products in other markets is kinda nominal.

If guys wanted to get tech they would be creating hybrid chassis made with CF and aluminum sandwich them together like a puzzle. You could sell interchangeable carbon fiber plates to add stiffness and more or less torsional flex. Keep the aluminum on the bottom and CF on the top, then everyones happy!

Some have been there and Done that, Think Moose racing. It was a Big FAIL to say the least.

Robert @ Matrix is the closest to perfection with the replaceable inserts and the fact his product was some of the best in the industry (20+ years in Composites will do that to ya)

Here's my Matrix Chassis after 3+ years of running on Anything you can think of for Dirt tracks from Smooth Blue groove to Loose as a Goose Rough Clay. Ya its not a SCTE, But being near a Pound heavier and being 1/8 it goes through a lot more punishment then a SC could ever think of.

Also if anyone is interested in a Matrix Chassis drop him a line @ [email protected]

The ball should be rolling on these Sooner then later
Old 08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Doesn't look it's been on a belt sander at all ....Looks great for 3yrs of abuse.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cuzz now that the pin issue and gear issue are fixed and back orders for kits and parts are filled and the truck has proven itself on every level, and Tekin even made a motor for us! We have I think 4 chassis available? We are running out of things to talk about LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.