Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
I believe they said stiffer = less traction.
All right, that is what I was thinkning, but not 100% sure!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ryan mentioned that he runs the stock plastic front brace and the new TLR rear brace that will come out at the same time as the TLR chassis. This is what I plan to do as well.
Close, but not exactly, hehe. I ususally run the new torque rod that we are releasing for the chassis, however if I want a little more rear grip, then I just use the stock rear brace. This chassis flexes a little differently but not like the stock one due to the material difference.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
^^^Well there's your problem
Yup, I have owned 12 of the turnigy batteries now and these are the only ones I have had issues with. I believe Ridley ran the 25c's as well but haven't seen if he puffed his as well. He seems to like these new ones though.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I like stiffer for higher traction smooth. Softer chassis for low traction or rough conditions.
Thanks Casper, I appreciate it a lot. By the way just a little update on the truck. I got mine in the beginning of June. I have put about 50 packs probably through it! Not once has a single thing broken or failed on this truck yet!!! (Knock On Wood) I do spend a few hours during the week doing the required maitenance on it but other than that the truck looks like new. I personally think this is one of the strongest and well built cars/trucks I have ever owned! I did replace the diff pins at the very beginning and still running the same ones. Thanks Chris Atteberry! This truck really is great out of the box, and fun to drive. Although I hate to say it in here but the Durango's get around the track pretty good too, and the Associateds I guess are sort of getting there! I do know one thing, and that is if I have a problem with the RC8 I do not get the help on here like the TLR guys provide! For that reason I think a good winter project is in order for a new 8ight to build during the winter!!! Come on Casper, give me a hint if I should buy a new 8ight 2.0 or wait for a new release this winther?

Anyways, Casper has helped me out with a baseline setup for the SCB and hit it almost on the money. Spent more time with it last night doing and tweaking what he said and that thing comes alive and am close to getting it where it needs to be! Thanks Casper and Ryan you guys help me out a lot with the setups and info you provide!

I stuck it out a few months ago not being able to get some parts and being frustrated, but now I got the parts stock piled for the SCTE and love running this truck!

A TLR chassis and a new 4600 Pro4 and this thing will be a beast. I just need to learn how to drive it now!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That's because he cheated by running a SCTE! Grats to your son.
Yeah they ran a 3 MOTO format and his Slash broke in the first MOTO and he was leading but fished second. Then I let him wheel my Losi in the 2nd and third MOTO and he finished 1st in both of them.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey View Post
Thanks Casper, I appreciate it a lot. By the way just a little update on the truck. I got mine in the beginning of June. I have put about 50 packs probably through it! Not once has a single thing broken or failed on this truck yet!!! (Knock On Wood) I do spend a few hours during the week doing the required maitenance on it but other than that the truck looks like new. I personally think this is one of the strongest and well built cars/trucks I have ever owned! I did replace the diff pins at the very beginning and still running the same ones. Thanks Chris Atteberry! This truck really is great out of the box, and fun to drive. Although I hate to say it in here but the Durango's get around the track pretty good too, and the Associateds I guess are sort of getting there! I do know one thing, and that is if I have a problem with the RC8 I do not get the help on here like the TLR guys provide! For that reason I think a good winter project is in order for a new 8ight to build during the winter!!! Come on Casper, give me a hint if I should buy a new 8ight 2.0 or wait for a new release this winther?

Anyways, Casper has helped me out with a baseline setup for the SCB and hit it almost on the money. Spent more time with it last night doing and tweaking what he said and that thing comes alive and am close to getting it where it needs to be! Thanks Casper and Ryan you guys help me out a lot with the setups and info you provide!

I stuck it out a few months ago not being able to get some parts and being frustrated, but now I got the parts stock piled for the SCTE and love running this truck!

A TLR chassis and a new 4600 Pro4 and this thing will be a beast. I just need to learn how to drive it now!!!
Glad you are getting the cars all dialed in. Always happy to know you guys are having fun with your cars. Losi has really done well with the cars it has been relasing of late. They are durable and fast. The Durango's do get around the track well when they are moving! They do have a good truck but the SCTE is as good or better in all area's IMO.

As for the 8th scale stuff. I am just a driver. I don't know what the future holds for TLR with the 8ight line. I did drive a 8ight-E 2.0 and loved it. It is a great car.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I let my wife use my car this weekend... This is how it was returned. I heard "The duct tape didn't stick very well".

Old 08-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Anyone know the difference in the offset between the scte wheels and the rear xxx sct/scb wheels? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I let my wife use my car this weekend... This is how it was returned. I heard "The duct tape didn't stick very well".

Shoe goo and drywall tape!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
Shoe goo and drywall tape!
I wonder if T-Bone makes bumpers for 1:1 cars.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio View Post
Anyone know the difference in the offset between the scte wheels and the rear xxx sct/scb wheels? Thanks in advance!
I dont know the exact difference but its quite a bit, 3-4mm I think. Thats why we ended up coming out with the adapter for the XXX-SCT/SCB to run the scte wheels. That way you are running the same drive wheels on both or all cars.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Hacker or Casper, Asked this a couple weeks ago and never got response. I got the adjustable hinge pin holder f/r. I must have gotten lucky as I noticed a difference in the handling on the truck after installed. Explain how it affects handling. I know in the rear of the truck I used .5mm outward on the rear holder and .5mm in the up position in the front hinge pin holder in hte rear and do not remember how I installed it in the front. How does the different settings affect the setup of the truck?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post

Shoot....mine called me from drive up bank atm. She somehow got the new megacab dodge stuck on the cement posts that guard the stuff. It was on 3 wheels, and had to be driven off....the sound was horrible to hear.

"Honey the cement pole moved" she said....
Old 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

Can we use JC Wheels on this truck?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I dont know the exact difference but its quite a bit, 3-4mm I think. Thats why we ended up coming out with the adapter for the XXX-SCT/SCB to run the scte wheels. That way you are running the same drive wheels on both or all cars.
tbh I plan to use them on my sc10 4x4. After j-concepts announced the 3mm wider hazard rims I figured there has to be a current rim that is at least close.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.