Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am thankful CF in this hobby is actually cheap compared to the CF in my other hobby.

http://zipp.com/cranks/vumachrono/ - $1350.00

$16,500 (Just for the frame)
Old 08-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Angry

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
You'll have to clip off the little plastic motor support. When I was running an 1/8th scale system in mine, I had to clip that out and then I took out the screw that holds in the sideguard on that's in the way. I also had to run on 3s because my MMM 2650 was a dog on 2s. But on 3s it was good. eventually I switched to the Castle 1410 3800kv motor and I couldn't believe that it was as fast on 2s as my 2650 was on 3s and a whole lot lighter!
any recommendantions on which tekin 1/8 motor to run, don't understand the difference between all the engines in kv rating. and does it have to have 3s packs, right now i have 2s 65c packs at 5000mah.I also am using a MMP esc w/an external bec. I am running on a large 1/8 scale track, any recommendations would be appreciated, don't want to have to buy another motor after this since everyone at my track does not follow roar rules, and my sc4x does not keep up with everyone i only bought 2 weeks ago......thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
Dang my question got ignored twice, where's the love?
The question about split center diff mount?? And breaking lock tite on the chassis? I am no Losi factory guy but my guess is No!They are not going to change the design cuzz one guy doesn't like to turn a wrench!!LOL Why would you lock tite those screws any way they go into plastic? Just wondering as long as they are not over tightened they should go in and out fine and not come loose.I have been running my truck since Feb and my screws hold fine!!Any way maybe I don't really get the question ?Can you elaborate?If your talking about the center diff mount? Than def use a little less locktite,also if you have a piece of scotchbrite pad wrap that around your wrench handle to get a better grip on those tight screws!

Last edited by BmainStar; 08-20-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
I have two questions. on both of these.
1 if you need to drill a hole and do a counter sink which one would be best and can you do it with CF ?
2 does the cf degrade after 5 yrs and get more brittle like fiberglass does

I want to buy something to lighten this 7 pound 3 ounce Pig of a great TRUCK but if I need to add or do something. can I trim the CF? and all that nice CF stuff on the trucks posted look cool but everybody doesn't have 200.00 to do all the add ons Thanks
I'm no expert with CF but I'm sure they're special bits for drilling CF.. I would definitly tape the surface and use a drill press and back it with a peice of wood or something and start out with a very small bit and put a pilot hole all the way through it...

Let the bit do the work do not force you do not want it to crack or splinter!

I'm sure CF starts to weaken over time and I'm sure there is chemicals that react to it and weaken it..

I'm not sure what you're gonna lose on weight with the carbon fiber chassis I think I've read you're gonna lose 2oz with the bce chassis.. You can also hack on your battery tray add carbon fiber towers but like you said it's hard to drop 200 dollars on buying all these products..

I haven't even weighed my truck or I'm gonna get all OCD on it and worry about how much it weighs lol

I cut up the battery tray, radio tray, and bumpers also added carbon fiber towers.. I've read DE Wheels are lighter than the stockers.. Anything is possible be creative and innovated..

I tried running a few packs with a slimfast can under the hood but the truck just seemed alot more sluggish and the battery didn't last as long
Old 08-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What size are the bottom shock o-rings? All I see to order more is a rebuild kit that has a lot of stuff I don't need.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I am thankful CF in this hobby is actually cheap compared to the CF in my other hobby.

http://zipp.com/cranks/vumachrono/ - $1350.00

$16,500 (Just for the frame)
ThunderbirdJunkie got his TT01 for $120, bro, you're payin way too much
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAUND&P=ML
Old 08-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Couple of things . Are the new center drive shafts with the set screw and notched pin available yet ?

Where can I get a good deal on Pro Match LiPo's ?

Novak Havoc Pro SC ESC and Novak 4.5 turn Ballistic Motor vs MMP ESC and 1410 Caslte Motor for indoor medium/large track racing ????

I will have both to test in a few weeks .

Was running a Novak GTB2 ESC with 4.5 Turn Ballistic ( with and without 14mm rotor ) . Having a Havoc Pro SC ESC installed Monday to run with the same motor . Using the stock rotor currently .

Great customer service from Novak !! I brought in my truck for the second time to Novak headquarters in So Cal . My GTB2 was blowing up fans all the time . Again . They decided to upgrade me to the Havoc Pro SC at no cost . Could have bought one with all the fans I was going through . And the GTB2 needed a fan to push this heavy truck around . Otherwise I would get up to 150 degrees after 5 or 6 minutes . Thermal shut down . Nice little ESC for $99 though . Great for racing a 2wd SC non timing class on a budget . I ran it for several months and had a few podium finishes with it in my SCTE . I am pretty sure the Havoc Pro SC will perform better with cooler temps . Will probably still run a fan though .

I just can not bring myself to drop $200 plus dollars on an ESC for this truck . I have a LRP sxx SS v2 in my B4 . It is incredibly smooth and fast . I need it in my buggy . I use the brakes alot and the timing advance is a must . Totally different in my SCTE . I am usually just mashing the throttle !! Just need something durable that can handle the heavy amp draw of the 4.5 Turn Ballistic combined with the heavy truck and my 60 c LiPo's .

Gonna be very interesting running the MMP and 1410 . I think it will be torquey but not as smooth as my Novak system . I know that alot of guys love that combo in this truck .
Old 08-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
ThunderbirdJunkie got his TT01 for $120, bro, you're payin way too much
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAUND&P=ML
ROFL, while that bike is a piece of CF artwork, I would never own or ride one. Just kinda trying to show the $140.00 chassis in relation to other CF products in other markets is kinda nominal.

If guys wanted to get tech they would be creating hybrid chassis made with CF and aluminum sandwich them together like a puzzle. You could sell interchangeable carbon fiber plates to add stiffness and more or less torsional flex. Keep the aluminum on the bottom and CF on the top, then everyones happy!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
Couple of things . Are the new center drive shafts with the set screw and notched pin available yet ?

Where can I get a good deal on Pro Match LiPo's ?

Novak Havoc Pro SC ESC and Novak 4.5 turn Ballistic Motor vs MMP ESC and 1410 Caslte Motor for indoor medium/large track racing ????

I will have both to test in a few weeks .

Was running a Novak GTB2 ESC with 4.5 Turn Ballistic ( with and without 14mm rotor ) . Having a Havoc Pro SC ESC installed Monday to run with the same motor . Using the stock rotor currently .

Great customer service from Novak !! I brought in my truck for the second time to Novak headquarters in So Cal . My GTB2 was blowing up fans all the time . Again . They decided to upgrade me to the Havoc Pro SC at no cost . Could have bought one with all the fans I was going through . And the GTB2 needed a fan to push this heavy truck around . Otherwise I would get up to 150 degrees after 5 or 6 minutes . Thermal shut down . Nice little ESC for $99 though . Great for racing a 2wd SC non timing class on a budget . I ran it for several months and had a few podium finishes with it in my SCTE . I am pretty sure the Havoc Pro SC will perform better with cooler temps . Will probably still run a fan though .

I just can not bring myself to drop $200 plus dollars on an ESC for this truck . I have a LRP sxx SS v2 in my B4 . It is incredibly smooth and fast . I need it in my buggy . I use the brakes alot and the timing advance is a must . Totally different in my SCTE . I am usually just mashing the throttle !! Just need something durable that can handle the heavy amp draw of the 4.5 Turn Ballistic combined with the heavy truck and my 60 c LiPo's .

Gonna be very interesting running the MMP and 1410 . I think it will be torquey but not as smooth as my Novak system . I know that alot of guys love that combo in this truck .
Lot's of guys on here are using the HW SC8... It's the alternative to the RX8's hefty price tag. I would take the MMP over the Novak ESC if I had to choose.

My 1410 is now gone, I donated it last week. You will like that motor once you get used to it.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Lot's of guys on here are using the HW SC8... It's the alternative to the RX8's hefty price tag. I would take the MMP over the Novak ESC if I had to choose.

My 1410 is now gone, I donated it last week. You will like that motor once you get used to it.
+1000 Just ran my SC8 and its flawless. Comes with shrink wrap, QUALITY stickers, extra connectors. Great deal for 70$. Theres a guy on ebay that sells them from AZ. Only 2 day shipping to so cali. Google the HW SC8 and all you will see is good things about it.

Used to be loyal to castle, but after their prices/repair fee's went up, Im done.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got castle 1410. Does have abc listed. Can anyone tell me what is black, white, black wire?

Last edited by bustanut666; 08-20-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimBump View Post
The Bump chassis is 7075 T6. The 7075 is the type of alloy (tough as nails) and the T6 designates the temper spec of the aluminum. T6 has the higher yield strength and T7 has increased dimensional stability for less warpage during machining.
sweet...
Old 08-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
+1000 Just ran my SC8 and its flawless. Comes with shrink wrap, QUALITY stickers, extra connectors. Great deal for 70$. Theres a guy on ebay that sells them from AZ. Only 2 day shipping to so cali. Google the HW SC8 and all you will see is good things about it.

Used to be loyal to castle, but after their prices/repair fee's went up, Im done.
welcome to the darkside. as soon as my EZRUN PRO 150a comes for my RC8Be, i'll be exclusively hobbywing (SC8 in SCTE, XERUN 60a in SC10, EZRUN 60a in B4).

i've run the SC8/tenshock combo for almost 5 months (half the time in a slash 4x4 the other in my SCTE) and it's been awesome. will never buy another castle esc. i like their motors, but i'll look elsewhere for esc's.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bustanut666 View Post
Just got castle 1410. Does have abc listed. Can anyone tell me what is black, white, black wire?
Doesn't matter all, hook them all up and test. If motor spins backwards switch any 2 wires and your done.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (98%+)

Who is running adjustable hinge pins how much toe in and toe out is being used

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.