Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
Ryan,
is there any correlation between shock oil and emulsion or bladder style? in other words, are the shock weights the same between the two? or yet another way, in looking at dakota's setup, with 32.5 in the front emulsion style, would the equivalent "feel" in a bladder style also be 32.5 or does the fact that it's emulsion change that equasion?

also, i thought the guys who ran the truhe novak motor said it needed a 17T or higher and dakota ran a 12T?????
As far as oil, you would use the same oil...We run emulsion style becuase we feel the truck lands much more consistant this way.

As for the gearing, it has to do with getting torque out of the motor with that ESC and then they added boost to get the top end. Its very fast.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
I thought the Truhe motor only went for about 2 minutes before quitting in most cases that I read here....... lol
I'm sure they have it fixed by now though.
Mine is louder then a chain saw but works great. LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default THANKS AARON

Thank you Aaron, for posting your setup. Much appreciated.
Brian
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
9/10 is the date right now.

Dakotah had probably the most tricked out truck there. Here is what I know was on his truck:

TLR tuned kit:
- Alum shock collars
- Alum shock caps with bleeder holes
- one piece shock mounts
- alum rear hubs
- adjustable hinge pin mounts
- Carbon towers front and rear
TLR tuned flex chassis
Losi torque rod for tuned flex chassis
Clamping wheel hexes
New Ten springs front and rear
Ten shock piston pack for shock tuning.

I think that might cover it. I am not sure there is much else from Losi to put on this thing. Dakotah did a great job wheeling his truck to victory. Awesome job Dakotah!
Casper, the one piece shock mounts that Dakotah was running, are they different than the ones currently available? I was told the current ones aren't long enough to be used with the Carbon Towers. Were they the 8ight shock standoffs, or are they a new one that will be coming out soon? Thanks for listing his setup!

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I agree, thanks Scott for writing that up. There are no trucks with these new gears in them yet. The first trucks that will have them will be coming soon.
No problem Ryan, I was happy to do it. Thank you for giving me these to test. I'm really impressed with them! Also, since you set up Dakotah's truck, if you read this before Casper, maybe you can comment on the one-piece shock standoffs. Will you be making them in Titanium like on the 8ights LOSA5439?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
I thought the Truhe motor only went for about 2 minutes before quitting in most cases that I read here....... lol
I'm sure they have it fixed by now though.
Dont know where you got that from , mine has been rock solid for almost 2 years .
Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

As far as oil, you would use the same oil...We run emulsion style becuase we feel the truck lands much more consistant this way.

As for the gearing, it has to do with getting torque out of the motor with that ESC and then they added boost to get the top end. Its very fast.
would emulsion style be about the same as running no shock bladder?
just wondering,
Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Dont know where you got that from , mine has been rock solid for almost 2 years .
I've seen the posts he's talking about. It could've been in the Havoc SC Pro thread too though.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

These should hit the air next week and be in and out of the warehouse the end of the month or first week of next right along with the new chassis'.
Is TLR gonna produce some hard anodized shock bodies for this truck?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wcrase101 View Post
would emulsion style be about the same as running no shock bladder?
just wondering,
Close, you cut out the centers of the bladder. So basically whats left of the bladder acts as an o-ring to keep the shock from leaking. I suppose you can run with no bladder, but then it'd probably leak.

Originally Posted by GVizzle View Post
Is TLR gonna produce some hard anodized shock bodies for this truck?
It's been a few weeks, but Ryan has mentioned, it's in the pipeline
Old 08-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
Nick,

I sent this to you in a PM, but thought I would post it hear for the world to read.

The problem is that the hardened inserts that the outdrive rides in are not flush with the bottom of the diff housings. They are very hard and no matter what you do they will wear the shim. Nobody sells a shim that is as hard as that insert. The shims will wear until the outer half touches the housing and then they should stop wearing, or at least wear much slower. By going with a thicker shim you can wear into it a ways and still have material left for the cross pin to ride on.

In a perfect world Losi would update those inserts so that they would sit flush with the housing and this issue would go away.

Chris
Got the PM, Thx for being so Fast about it.

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
mine hadrly showed any wear almost none at all. now did you glue the insert? i didnt in my previous diff rebuids and that inserting moving all over the place made the sun gear shim last a week only. after i put chris kit in there i glued that insert and rtv the outdrive groove and where the o ring sits on and problems fixed. i used the ae grease before but eventually they would leak again, but with the rtv everything is much tighter and no leaks after countless packs.

Yes the Inserts were CA'd in place.

Curious why you would RTV the Grease Groove ? its kinda there for a reason you know.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
I've seen the posts he's talking about. It could've been in the Havoc SC Pro thread too though.
Novaks motors are solid and dependable , their Havok Pro ESC's on the other hand are ticking bombs IMO .
Old 08-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Novaks motors are solid and dependable , their Havok Pro ESC's on the other hand are ticking bombs IMO .
see ive had nothing but the opposite of this... ESC's are fine, its the motors that always melt down
Old 08-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I am running the one piece upper shock mounts with the losi carbon towers. Works fine. I have had them on there for a long time. Other carbon towers might be thicker and a problem but so far so good with all Losi parts.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Casper, the one piece shock mounts that Dakotah was running, are they different than the ones currently available? I was told the current ones aren't long enough to be used with the Carbon Towers. Were they the 8ight shock standoffs, or are they a new one that will be coming out soon? Thanks for listing his setup!

No problem Ryan, I was happy to do it. Thank you for giving me these to test. I'm really impressed with them! Also, since you set up Dakotah's truck, if you read this before Casper, maybe you can comment on the one-piece shock standoffs. Will you be making them in Titanium like on the 8ights LOSA5439?
Scott, the Losi one piece mounts work great with our Losi 4mm carbon shock towers, run them since the get go. We will not be making them in titanium at this time. Not sure where it got started that they dont fit but they always have and work much better than the stock screws.

Novak make a good motor but I have had a few novak 550 rotors come de-bonded, so I would have a different opinion here.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Casper and Ryan. I've have a set that I never installed because I read on here that they didn't work. Weird, maybe the person that said that was running the Jammin or SNR towers. I've got the Losi towers, so I'll put them on tonight, thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.