me and how I see it though"

I'm sure not going to apologize to a bunch of childish people putting words
in my mouth. I don't see any where you or I mentioned any names of any
manufactures at all. The way I see it, some people must have a guilt
complex about how some companies do business or they wouldn't be
throwing companies names around that were never mentioned in the
first place.

This is pure childishness to go throwing a company's name into a
conversation that their name was never even hinted at...

I know Bill and race with him, so I don't appreciate people throwing him
under the bus when his company was never mentioned in the first place.
Pretty crappy IMO"

I've never knocked Bill, at any track or any where else including here and
I don't see where you ever have neither.

It's a d*m good thing that the old saying is true: Bad advertising is every
bit as good as good advertising, as long as people are talking about you
bad or good at least their talking about you keeping your name in lights

I sure see alot of children on here that owe some adults apologies, but
you or I owe none to anyone...

Carry on kids, I'm done with your childishness...
easy there slick, acting as a victim seems to be your response? ever since i joined this scte thread you sound like a broken record with the same crap!! but hey what do i know? And by the way this is coming from one of your local racers that deals with you personally. Oh i almost forgot maybe you didnt see your own track director post as he didn't highlighted under bold, but ill do that for you since you since you like big annoying bold posts.

Originally Posted by MILLER!
Chuck, can you please stop the insinuations towards BCE, Bill is a close personal friend of mine, and I really cant sit back and watch this anymore. It's hard enough to watch companies like bump copy bills chassis and call it their own(look at the tail section) and then see people get all excited about it.

Coming from me(I have helped develop several chassis for the AE and Losi Cars for BCE), there is nothing that goes straight to the public before its in the hands of capable pro drivers, especially the Losi SCT chassis. That chassis was with team members at the manufacturer shootout in Alabama(Gately tq'd with the BCE over all) long before it ever got tested with some of our local club racers(or before they even knew one existed), and is on most of the team drivers cars right now at the nats. There will always be running changes to all cars, and as far as the bce stuff goes, nobody ever pays to be a tester......
nite
Old 08-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Wow!

Reminds me of someone on here constantly posting negative, know it all bs type comments??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIN5Z...eature=related

Oh by the way i just finished racing Dale Earnhart(Sr, and Jr), Robby Gordon, both Andreti's, Fitipaldi, Tim Tebow, oh yeah and Jared Tebo, Mayfield, and Hopo in a speed walking race and sadly was 2nd to last place!!! I also had time to manufacture and make carbon fiber for a stealth radio active prototype chassis i will mill with my hammers and kitchen knives..No really its the internet so its got to be true??

Damn Children!!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yo Mr. J...

No go on the Tekno side guards, the battery tray hits the side of the guard you can't get it close enough to the chassis to even drill it. Works on the motor side, but that would look goofy lol. If you use a stand up battery tray they would work.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Mee Too!, I dont think it will make me any faster tho! Doh!..
+3. Its actually my local track.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
easy there slick, acting as a victim seems to be your response? ever since i joined this scte thread you sound like a broken record with the same crap!! but hey what do i know? And by the way this is coming from one of your local racers that deals with you personally. Oh i almost forgot maybe you didnt see your own track director post as he didn't highlighted under bold, but ill do that for you since you since you like big annoying bold posts.

nite
LOL What ever ! Chuck is chuck and you are you! Who cares if he likes or dislikes what you like or run??? My Dog is better than yours Blah..Blah Blahh!!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Yo Mr. J...

No go on the Tekno side guards, the battery tray hits the side of the guard you can't get it close enough to the chassis to even drill it. Works on the motor side, but that would look goofy lol. If you use a stand up battery tray they would work.

I am gonna run with out them on my indoor Rig!..(Fingers Crossed!)
Old 08-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

I am gonna run with out them on my indoor Rig!..(Fingers Crossed!)
I don't see any issues with running without them. My ESC sticks up above the guards, if something was going to hit me that flimsy guard isn't going to save chit.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

LOL What ever ! Chuck is chuck and you are you! Who cares if he likes or dislikes what you like or run??? My Dog is better than yours Blah..Blah Blahh!!
Chuck reminds me of that guy who stands on the street corner yelling stuff at people. You can either pass by, or stop and listen.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Yo Mr. J...

no bueno!

i dont care if he likes or not likes what me or others use. just the fact that he seems to have a personal past issue with bce and he brings it to the internet instead of dealing with it locally or getting over it thats what seems annoying along with his bold posts.

Chuck reminds me of that guy who stands on the street corner yelling stuff at people. You can either pass by, or stop and listen.
you mean ted williams?

enough with this talk i guess

wonder where ridley is been at? josh do you know the final drive ration on the scte with a 14?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

ok im getting this racer her in the next month ore so
what do i need off spare parts from the start and what do i need to upgrad asap and what diff olie u recoment thinking on a 5/5/3 ??

Last edited by the_freak; 08-15-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

I love Carbon Fiber being a Race Geek! Why cut out the top plate brace at all? Leave it solid for more Carbon-Bling!!
Lol I hear ya! But it's nice being able to see into there to see if anything's binding or going on in the steering linkage area. Also you can see the CVD sleeve to make sure everything's going well with it.

I also wanted to give a quick first impression on driving it with the SNR CF chassis.

When I first dropped it onto the track, I also had a brand new set of Barcodes with a brand new set of AKA red foams. I've never used the AKA foams before and the Barcodes are usually best when run down a little bit. So my first few laps, were a bit squirrely, but I did immediately notice that the truck had a bit more punch on the trigger. And it seemed a lot more light in the air and a lot more receptive to throttle inputs and mid air corrections. I also cased a decent sized triple and held my breath for a second. It walked away with no problem, so the strength was tested right away and it passed with flying colors! I finished off the pack and returned to the pits feeling like it had some real potential, but my driving was a bit off and I had figured it was the brand new tires and foams. Well when I got back, I noticed one of my rear springs had come off the cup which accounted for why it was a bit unpredictable. I traded off with my friend so he could try it out. He was pretty blown away with how good this truck is! He had never once driven one and had a blast with it. He couldn't believe how easy it was to drive fast. We got off the stand and got a print out of the times. One battery pack on a car that he's not used to, using a radio he's not used to and his times were already about the same as the times he's running with his Hyper TT. I looked at my times from my first battery pack and I couldn't believe it, they were within 1/2 to 1 second off my normal fast times and this was with the spring off the retainer on tires and foams I wasn't used to. So my next battery pack I felt planted, my tires were starting to break-in and I was feeling comfortable with my truck again. With this CF chassis it floated through the rhythm section and was really sharp in it's turning. Turning definitely felt crisper and throttle inputs were noticeably better. I did have a worry that it might be too flexible, but those fears were put to rest immediately. It was plenty stiff, infact just as if not more stiff than a stock chassis without a doubt. I like to rotate the truck on braking and this chassis seemed to really rotate predictably and consistent through the night. So far, I've got probably 10 packs on it and it's been an absolute joy to drive. I'd definitely tell you guys if there were any negatives about it, but this far, I haven't found any. Steve at SNR has definitely put together a good option out there with his CF Chassis. The 3.7mm version which is what I've got only weighs 203 grams, so that's a pretty significant drop in weight, even over the BCE and still to come TLR chassis. If your ultimate goal is to drop as much weight as possible, this one is certainly an option and it didn't change the driving characteristics that we've come to love about this truck, but it did make some of them more crisp and was just as easy to drive aggressively like you would a stock chassis'd truck. If anyone has any questions, i'd be happy to answer them!

Oh and I wanted to show off a new body I had painted for it too. It's an SC10 body that was given to me, so I decided to give it to one of the painters that frequents OCRC. I'm really happy how it came out! I also have a new Flo-Tek body being painted by another painter, so I can't wait to get that one and see their different painting styles. Anyway, here's this one.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the_freak
ok im getting this racer her in the next month ore so
what do i need off spare parts from the start and what do i need to upgrad asap and what diff olie u recoment thinking on a 5/5/3 ??
I was talking to Aaron Lane at the track yesterday, he said he's using 7-5-3 pretty much at every track right now whether it's bluegroove, loose or indoor clay. So I'd start there. That's what I'm about to change out to myself.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I was talking to Aaron Lane at the track yesterday, he said he's using 7-5-3 pretty much at every track right now whether it's bluegroove, loose or indoor clay. So I'd start there. That's what I'm about to change out to myself.
ok ths
but what about the spare parts and upgrads??
what do i need ?? i like to make sure i got so i can complet a full day at the track
Old 08-15-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the_freak
ok ths
but what about the spare parts and upgrads??
what do i need ?? i like to make sure i got so i can complet a full day at the track
Another thing about the diffs, if you're gonna tear into them to change to oil, you might as well do yourself a favor and get some HD lightened outdrives for it and put them in at the same time.

I'd definitely put on the Losi CF towers, also some set-screw captured hex's. TLR is about to come out with some at the end of the month. I've seen them and they're VERY nice. Jammin has some already out and I'm using the ones for the HPI Blitz. Those are must haves in my opinion. First thing I'd do, take the servo saver off, lock it down and red loctite it (blue will come loose eventually). This will save you headache down the road and is a free "upgrade" lol. Also, I'd get some tires that work well for your local track. The stock tires are great for a stock tire, but the foams are too soft and you'll notice after a few packs, the tires start to go away. At all four corners, back your droop screws completely out, throw a dab of CA on them, then just barely put them back in a few threads, but almost completely backed out. Also, on the mounts for the sway bars, between the screws, there's a little set screw on each side. Most people dont even realize they're there. Back those out until flush with the plastic, that'll keep the sway bars loose and free from binding. Those are must do's in my opinion. The truck runs very well right out of the box. But these next things you'll want to do eventually but aren't essential right away especially since you're dropping a pretty penny to get the truck, you'll want to recoup before you drop a bunch more to get other upgrades lol. Get the new spring set because there's some really good tuning options in it. Another good option is the swaybar kit. Also the aluminum adjustable hinge pin holder is a good option, but most people including team drivers seem to be running zero's all the way around which is the same as stock. But it is nice to have the adjustability, personally I'm running the SNR cf hingepin holders on one of my trucks and the stock ones on my other truck but I'm about to change those out to the CF ones also. I also cut down my rear bumpers because it really helps prolong the life of the body and saves a bit of weight as well.

Spare's you'll want to keep on hand, Center CVD's both front and rear. It's always good to keep some arms with you, but I haven't needed to replace any yet. Also, it's good to have some spare screws, spur gears etc. just things that you should always keep in the pitbox. I hope that helps! Good luck on your new truck, I think you're really gonna like it!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Another thing about the diffs, if you're gonna tear into them to change to oil, you might as well do yourself a favor and get some HD lightened outdrives for it and put them in at the same time.

I'd definitely put on the Losi CF towers, also some set-screw captured hex's. TLR is about to come out with some at the end of the month. I've seen them and they're VERY nice. Jammin has some already out and I'm using the ones for the HPI Blitz. Those are must haves in my opinion. First thing I'd do, take the servo saver off, lock it down and red loctite it (blue will come loose eventually). This will save you headache down the road and is a free "upgrade" lol. Also, I'd get some tires that work well for your local track. The stock tires are great for a stock tire, but the foams are too soft and you'll notice after a few packs, the tires start to go away. At all four corners, back your droop screws completely out, throw a dab of CA on them, then just barely put them back in a few threads, but almost completely backed out. Also, on the mounts for the sway bars, between the screws, there's a little set screw on each side. Most people dont even realize they're there. Back those out until flush with the plastic, that'll keep the sway bars loose and free from binding. Those are must do's in my opinion. The truck runs very well right out of the box. But these next things you'll want to do eventually but aren't essential right away especially since you're dropping a pretty penny to get the truck, you'll want to recoup before you drop a bunch more to get other upgrades lol. Get the new spring set because there's some really good tuning options in it. Another good option is the swaybar kit. Also the aluminum adjustable hinge pin holder is a good option, but most people including team drivers seem to be running zero's all the way around which is the same as stock. But it is nice to have the adjustability, personally I'm running the SNR cf hingepin holders on one of my trucks and the stock ones on my other truck but I'm about to change those out to the CF ones also. I also cut down my rear bumpers because it really helps prolong the life of the body and saves a bit of weight as well.

Spare's you'll want to keep on hand, Center CVD's both front and rear. It's always good to keep some arms with you, but I haven't needed to replace any yet. Also, it's good to have some spare screws, spur gears etc. just things that you should always keep in the pitbox. I hope that helps! Good luck on your new truck, I think you're really gonna like it!
nice ths.
im sure i will love it i hope it will be as great like my nexx.
what about motor castle 1410 ore tnshock sc401 is in my head right now.
im going to run on 2S lipo and probely whit the mamba max pro esc.
but i got a lot off time to make the upgrads im first going to run it from april so i have a lot off time to work on it and get the right upgrads

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.