Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
  #16936  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
ScottKelly911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,736
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by E-Eddy View Post
Who all here gets at least 10 min on relatively big tracks? What electronics do you guys use? I'm still having a hard time on what electronics to get without breaking the bank. I was wanting to try the MMM w/ the 1410 since I already have the esc. But Ive heard around that ROAR made the 4 pole motors illegal in 4x4 SCT. HELLLPPP PLZ

Eddy
The 1410 is ROAR legal. The Tekin 4-pole will also be ROAR legal upon its release.
ScottKelly911 is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
  #16937  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
Asharus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
The 1410 is ROAR legal. The Tekin 4-pole will also be ROAR legal upon its release.
Awesome, now I just want them to get rid of that silly rear tail light rule. Would a piece of black electrical tape be good enough to serve as "smoked taillights?"
Asharus is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:25 PM
  #16938  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orange Park Fl
Posts: 485
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by E-Eddy View Post
Who all here gets at least 10 min on relatively big tracks? What electronics do you guys use? I'm still having a hard time on what electronics to get without breaking the bank. I was wanting to try the MMM w/ the 1410 since I already have the esc. But Ive heard around that ROAR made the 4 pole motors illegal in 4x4 SCT. HELLLPPP PLZ

Eddy
I can easily get 10 mins on our 1/8 scale track. I use RX8 Tekin 550 5.5 15T MaxAmps 6500 . I can switch in the 3800 and it will go 10 ez as well.
Lon_L is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
  #16939  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by x7tristan View Post
I just got a Viper VTX10R and VSTXL 4.5T. I'm running them with a 16T pinion (profile #8, 'practice') and the temps are around 180*F. What size pinion are people running with this type of setup to get the temps below 160*F?
These are the settings Viper recommends with the 4.5/5.5XL and VTX10R.

VST4.5XL-14tooth pinion.

VTX10R-Profile#2
Brake strength 80%
Brake PWM freq 8000HZ
Brake curve linear
Neutral drag brake 10%
Throttle PWM freq 9600Hz
Throttle punch 15%-20%
Throttle curve linear
Deadband middle
no timing- default
no motor protection
esc protection 240 degrees

(esc temp 120-140)-(motor temp 150-170)

SaladFork is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:52 PM
  #16940  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Suggestions needed

Running a mmp + 1410 gearing 13/40. The problem is every pack I put in it puffed. Turned the up th battery cut off to 3.4 per cell but haven't ran since. Any suggestions. Batteries were 35c don't know if continues or burst rated.
A929ryda is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 05:01 PM
  #16941  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A929ryda View Post
Running a mmp + 1410 gearing 13/40. The problem is every pack I put in it puffed. Turned the up th battery cut off to 3.4 per cell but haven't ran since. Any suggestions. Batteries were 35c don't know if continues or burst rated.
What brand lipo? Temps when this happened?
larlev is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 05:26 PM
  #16942  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
What brand lipo? Temps when this happened?
Very low temps. 120 motor 110 esc. Batterys were hobby people brand. They worked well for every othe set up I had.
A929ryda is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 05:30 PM
  #16943  
Tech Master
iTrader: (37)
 
Mr.juarez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
If ur interested, either PM or email Steve directly. I'll be installing mine and hopefully running it on Saturday. I got the 3.7mm looks good and feels like a high quality piece.
im debating on getting one myself now just to see. One thing i would like to see before i spend 140 on that chassis. can you post pics of the side guards to see how much they hang out since the chassis is flat on the sides? wanna know if i can live with it or not
Mr.juarez is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 05:30 PM
  #16944  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
Asharus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

The SCTE is not really a normal setup, so you can't compare it to your "every other setup".
Asharus is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 05:34 PM
  #16945  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A929ryda View Post
Very low temps. 120 motor 110 esc. Batterys were hobby people brand. They worked well for every othe set up I had.
Mine puff a little after a qual or main..nothing major, but it puffs. I also have my LVC at 3.4v now. Lipo's shouldn't be ran to LVC all the time, bad for lipo, and hurts longevity.
larlev is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 05:45 PM
  #16946  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,174
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Having some heat issues with my tenshock 4000kv.
I'm running the MMM zero timing geared at 15t on 2s 40c packs. Should I gear down? Or limit the power?
Weather was around 95, and the motor came off at 200+.
Originally Posted by racerx1920 View Post
i ran my tenshock 4000kv motor this past weekend and it was about 92degs and i pulled my car off and temped my motor at 150 with a 13t and clip on heatsink and 170 with a 14 and no heat sink, and i used hobbycity 25c 2s 6000 packs so i agree with ridely the C rating is a bunch of BS my 40c packs had the same results.

my track is 150 x 100

ridley
how are you not toped out at 180 feet? mine fells like its about 1/2 maybe 2/3 down the strat and its toped out and that is at a 150 foot strat

Guys be careful about talking about how the tenshock has heat issues.. you will get lots of crap in here. LOL It by default, according to many, is better than the 1410 ;P At 95' id suggest a fan on any of these motors, even my 1410 geared 15t was around 190 w/o a fan on it. When ambiant drops to 85 I don't have any issues, but at this point for the rest of the summer I plan on just keeping the fan on the motor.

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Mine puff a little after a qual or main..nothing major, but it puffs. I also have my LVC at 3.4v now. Lipo's shouldn't be ran to LVC all the time, bad for lipo, and hurts longevity.
I've had great luck w/ my orion 6500, costly though.. I know the local guys here also run CRC 5800 and 6200 packs w/o any puffing as well and they are under 100ea last I checked.
8ight-e is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 06:10 PM
  #16947  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yep, the Orion is the only one that has been rock solid. Highly recommended if running long mains or just want a really good lipo. Not sure if I believe the 90c rating, but it sure has power throughout the entire capacity of the battery. After a main it still runs like a new pack was put in.
larlev is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 PM
  #16948  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racerx1920 View Post
i ran my tenshock 4000kv motor this past weekend and it was about 92degs and i pulled my car off and temped my motor at 150 with a 13t and clip on heatsink and 170 with a 14 and no heat sink, and i used hobbycity 25c 2s 6000 packs so i agree with ridely the C rating is a bunch of BS my 40c packs had the same results.

my track is 150 x 100

ridley
how are you not toped out at 180 feet? mine fells like its about 1/2 maybe 2/3 down the strat and its toped out and that is at a 150 foot strat
I'm not sure how to be honest. All I know is the truck kept pulling the whole way down the straight on the below track...never stopped accelerating...ran right with the Nitro cars running that new novarossi motor. Straight is 180 foot plus, dead away from the driverstand, so I couldn't hear the motor to tell exactly what was going on. Could be because I'm under 6lbs on the track so it takes less load to accelerate that than say, 6.5 lbs or 7lbs, could have been because the straightaway was rough so I wasn't fully hooked I was the only 4x4 sct that could do the big jumps on this track as well. I was running the 4000kv tenshock, rx8, no timing, current limiter at 90, 14/40 and the new Turnigy nano tech 6000mah 65-135c batteries.

I'll be running a 13t at Dirt Hills, since you are familiar with that track. I won't be close to topped out there, prolly not even with a 12t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQNs5StJ-t0
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Ridley is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
  #16949  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (141)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,135
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Guys be careful about talking about how the tenshock has heat issues.. you will get lots of crap in here. LOL It by default, according to many, is better than the 1410 ;P At 95' id suggest a fan on any of these motors, even my 1410 geared 15t was around 190 w/o a fan on it. When ambiant drops to 85 I don't have any issues, but at this point for the rest of the summer I plan on just keeping the fan on the motor.
any motor has heat issues if not geared properly.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 PM
  #16950  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (141)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,135
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I'm not sure how to be honest. All I know is the truck kept pulling the whole way down the straight on the below track...never stopped accelerating...ran right with the Nitro cars running that new novarossi motor. Straight is 180 foot plus, dead away from the driverstand, so I couldn't hear the motor to tell exactly what was going on. Could be because I'm under 6lbs on the track so it takes less load to accelerate that than say, 6.5 lbs or 7lbs, could have been because the straightaway was rough so I wasn't fully hooked I was the only 4x4 sct that could do the big jumps on this track as well. I was running the 4000kv tenshock, rx8, no timing, current limiter at 90, 14/40 and the new Turnigy nano tech 6000mah 65-135c batteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQNs5StJ-t0
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
so far how do you like that nanotech? mine is in switzerland right now on it's way.
RC*PHREAK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.