Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
Hey Scott, I was planning on doing the same exact thing you are. Are you planning on getting the spur/ring gears too? After I figured that in it started to add up, that's why I haven't pulled the trigger on the HD outdrives yet. I figured I'd just use these as spares for now.
I skipped the spur/ring gears. I figured, 4 screws to swap them. The real point for me is freshening the oil/gears inside with no downtime. I agree with scott, sell them separate, or add them to the gear sets. Id say add them to the outdrive sets, but you will likely replace internals before the outdrives.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
No, the pins are not sold seperatly, sorry.

This would be something I would contact customer service about, they will get you a new one.
Please release just the cvd pins! I've already replaced two
Old 08-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
No, the pins are not sold seperatly, sorry.

This would be something I would contact customer service about, they will get you a new one.
Thanks Ryan. Your help is appreciated as always.

I hope you are working on that conversion partslist for the 22T --> 22SCT Because I am buying one as soon as I figure it out lol. Sorry, wrong thread
Old 08-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by annonymous View Post
Just so we are on the right page here, I am talking about the pins that go into the outdrives of the differential, not the pins out at the wheels that go into the 12mm hexes. If you are losing multiple inner pins, I think you should look for a bigger problem, like my broken shaft.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
Just so we are on the right page here, I am talking about the pins that go into the outdrives of the differential, not the pins out at the wheels that go into the 12mm hexes. If you are losing multiple inner pins, I think you should look for a bigger problem, like my broken shaft.
my left front shaft as a break in it just how you decribed, I replaced the pin and lock tited the whole thing in even with the break still as held together did it as track fix, but since it still been flawless I just decided to keep it in. can't believe it has held up. you can find those pins any of them sold seperatly the big ones for the cvd's and the smaller ones for the drive axles and sun gears and other places.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
I thought they were the same pin? i thought i scavenged some CVD pins from a Ten diff rebuild kit, but they also may have random pins laying around Lol

Either way it would be nice to get drive pins (be it diff or CVD) by themselves for this truck

Originally Posted by wcrase101 View Post
you can find those pins any of them sold seperatly the big ones for the cvd's and the smaller ones for the drive axles and sun gears and other places.
Care to share your source for these pins?

EDIT:
now that ive completely shown my ignorance, and done 60seconds worth of research, are these universal on the truck (both center and wheel shafts?

i guess i should check part listings and not assume my LHS has all the parts LOL

Last edited by annonymous; 08-09-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I thought they were the same pin? i thought i scavenged some CVD pins from a Ten diff rebuild kit, but they also may have random pins laying around Lol

Either way it would be nice to get drive pins (be it diff or CVD) by themselves for this truck

Care to share your source for these pins?

EDIT:
now that ive completely shown my ignorance, and done 60seconds worth of research, are these universal on the truck (both center and wheel shafts?

i guess i should check part listings and not assume my LHS has all the parts LOL
there are alot of companies that makes the 2x10mm pins
I got some 2x11mm pins I will post them here later on tonight I'm running outta time and gotta go work.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
The Lunsford is 6AL4V (the good stuff) some grades of titanium are similar to aluminum that's the difference. If you can get the good stuff for cheaper let us know where.
I called fastener express and they said they were grade 5 titanium. I'm not well versed on Titanium but imagine thats good for our applications?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mynameis grumpy View Post
What about the tuning kit? NEED one for the showdown next week. who's butt do I need to kiss for that to happen?

grumpy
I think you can buy all the parts individually from what I see in the picture. That's what I did long before that tuning kit was advertised...but I could be wrong.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just go to your local automotive parts store and buy a u-joint for around 10-12 bucks. when you get home take one of the caps off and remove the pins, grind the pins to lengh and now you have plenty of pins for the cvds. nice thing is they are harden and last alot longer
Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
I think you can buy all the parts individually from what I see in the picture. That's what I did long before that tuning kit was advertised...but I could be wrong.
You sure can, however the tuning kit is a much better deal price wise.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The best way I have found to get these pins is with part LOSB3565.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

just wanted to throw it out there....

last week just for the heck of it i submitted the form on the losi website for diff pins (never bothered to before, i just bought chris pins). i sent the email on august 1. yesterday the pins arrived. one week. pretty darn good.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
just wanted to throw it out there....

last week just for the heck of it i submitted the form on the losi website for diff pins (never bothered to before, i just bought chris pins). i sent the email on august 1. yesterday the pins arrived. one week. pretty darn good.
link to said form? I cant find it
Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default losi diff pin request form

losi diff pin request form

http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodId=LOSB0127

Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
link to said form? I cant find it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.