Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
553 for tight tracks. 753 for more open or high bite tracks.
Is AE diff oil the same weight as Losi or is it a bit thicker like the shock oil?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Could consider a "T" and a "L" for some cool factor
team lousy??

j/k :
Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
I agree with G.O., a carbon fiber battery plate would be great. I can see it being so simple to make, but no one has jumped on it yet. I may have to buy a sheet myself and start cutting, it only needs to be a flat piece with some countersunk holes on top to screw into a standoff into the stock mounting holes. The standoffs could be delrin or aluminum spacer blocks. Then you would have 2 or 4 of the stock stoppers to position the battery, same as it does now. 1 in front and 1 in back. The extra 2 could be side guides or you could just wrap the velcro straps around the plate and battery if you think it will hold well enough. The stoppers would need to be nutted on the bottom since there isnt any material to screw into. extend the length of the plate to mount the ESC and its done. Bling and probably a few ounces shaved off as a bonus.
To adjust your design a little, there are threaded standoffs you can use which would serve as a nut. Home Depot even has them.

A screw from the bottom would go through and existing hole in the chassis into the standoff a bit less than half way. Then a screw through a countersunk hole would go through the CF tray and into the other side of the threaded standoff.

Repeat that 4-5 times and you have your elevated battery tray.

A perfect standoff would look sort of like a spool for wire to keep everything from shifting, but I've never seen those..

Now that I designed it in my head, I need to go build one too.

Technically the tray could be at an angle so that the inside of the battery is closer to the chassis and lowers CG, but that'd be a lot trickier to mount.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onefast8 View Post
Is AE diff oil the same weight as Losi or is it a bit thicker like the shock oil?
Not sure on the diff oils. The shock oils are off 2.5wt I just can never remember which way since I never use AE oils.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Does anyone know the final drive ratio for this truck?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

What about the tuning kit? NEED one for the showdown next week. who's butt do I need to kiss for that to happen?

grumpy
Old 08-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
To adjust your design a little, there are threaded standoffs you can use which would serve as a nut. Home Depot even has them.

A screw from the bottom would go through and existing hole in the chassis into the standoff a bit less than half way. Then a screw through a countersunk hole would go through the CF tray and into the other side of the threaded standoff.

Repeat that 4-5 times and you have your elevated battery tray.

A perfect standoff would look sort of like a spool for wire to keep everything from shifting, but I've never seen those..

Now that I designed it in my head, I need to go build one too.

Technically the tray could be at an angle so that the inside of the battery is closer to the chassis and lowers CG, but that'd be a lot trickier to mount.
instead carbon fiber, i used angle aluminum which i can mount the battery flat or vertical (CG closer to center)
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img_0397.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img_0399.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry but it just doesnt make any sense... If you spend about $100+ on lightening the losi to 6.2 lbs or lower why not buy an associated and save money??? Im not trying to start anything but this just doesnt make sense.. What are the MAJOR difference besides plastic vs. Aluminum
Old 08-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by umm winning View Post
Sorry but it just doesnt make any sense... If you spend about $100+ on lightening the losi to 6.2 lbs or lower why not buy an associated and save money??? Im not trying to start anything but this just doesnt make sense.. What are the MAJOR difference besides plastic vs. Aluminum
I do not think anyone in this thread wants to have to change a servo out in the 4x4 sc10 so they got the Losi!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The Losi is easy to tune, easy to work on not to mention durable and more traditional in it's design. Some people like light trucks for longer run time and more maneuverability. Personally, I've liked my truck with some heft. But since I've got 2 trucks, I'm going to build one to be as light as possible and the other to be slightly less than out of the box weight.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mynameis grumpy View Post
What about the tuning kit? NEED one for the showdown next week. who's butt do I need to kiss for that to happen?

grumpy
There's a tuning kit for the SCTE?

If you kiss ThunderbirdJunkie's butt hard enough, he can get you one by the end of the week for the XXX-SCT, he thinks.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
There's a tuning kit for the SCTE?

If you kiss ThunderbirdJunkie's butt hard enough, he can get you one by the end of the week for the XXX-SCT, he thinks.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=TLR0901
Old 08-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, in your mind the only difference between the two is weight? The two trucks couldn't be more different.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

must be a joke, losi is way more tuner friendly AE is stuck with that terrible plastic chassis that flexes like crazy
Old 08-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
must be a joke, losi is way more tuner friendly AE is stuck with that terrible plastic chassis that flexes like crazy
And a belt, and a clicker, and diffs that munch, and 48 pitch pinion/spur that likes to strip.

No thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.