Originally Posted by Honda450R Dude View Post
Race or Bash with it?
it will handle both!!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Race or Bash with it?
I don't bash or race. Just practice on the track couple times a week.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Race or Bash with it?
I bash the same truck I race. Converted Ten T (same truck). Only part I have broken was a front spindle and sheared a CVD on the same side, caused by the spindle breaking. Still running the original a-arms front and rear, since Jan.

I broke a upper front a-arm on my Jammin almost every time I went out.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
This is the point I was making about Castle not fixing the issues. Your happy you have your setup working but had to Einstein that shit together lol.

I don't care what people run, in what truck or where. I do care when people say "There is no issue." when clearly there is.
I have never had to use external bec's on any of my other mmm and mmp. im using a spectrum s6040 high speed servo, but on the other hand my friend required a bec WITH a savox servo. i dont think its really the mmp (could be at time though) but the servos most of the time. none of my hitec required a bec either so who knows
Old 08-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Where did the latest setup sheet that the team is using go? I have looked EVERYWHERE
Old 08-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

no race + spare time + home depot = ??
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img_0397.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img_0398.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img_0399.jpg  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
I have never had to use external bec's on any of my other mmm and mmp. im using a spectrum s6040 high speed servo, but on the other hand my friend required a bec WITH a savox servo. i dont think its really the mmp (could be at time though) but the servos most of the time. none of my hitec required a bec either so who knows
I only used Hitec 965MG's when I was using the MMP's, nothing special but still required a BEC and cap. It's hit and miss like I said, some work fine while some don't.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
Viper: here's the part number
aluminum push rod 112mm. TRA5319X

i cant seem to find the part number from my LHS at the moment but ill have it tomorrow
Great thx!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Only reason I run BEC on my mmm is because my servo is a savox HV servo so I run it at 7.4v to get lost from it not because I have to. My s6040 has an issue that the reps at rcx said they had with a batch of servos but since I didn't want to send it back east for repair and wait on them I just of a cap on it and called it good.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I consider your spektrum servo choice to be borderline too weak for the SCTE. All of the servo's that I like for the SCTE would be what you could call amp hogs, regardless of their brand. I like fast and ~300ounces of torque, so regardless of brand it's too much for an MMP internal BEC on 2s. I've tried running with weaker servos, but hate the difference in speed when under differing loads, and hate their more fragile gears. I also like to run my steering tight against the saver at lock to get every degree of throw I can get, run the servo saver extremely tight for precision on rough tracks, and lesser servo's can't take that as well and actually pull more amps through the RX under those conditions.

A perfect servo for the SCTE IMHO would be the Savox 1267 or 1268.

95% of the servo's I read about working well with the MMP are insufficient IMO.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I consider your spektrum servo choice to be borderline too weak for the SCTE. All of the servo's that I like for the SCTE would be what you could call amp hogs, regardless of their brand. I like fast and ~300ounces of torque, so regardless of brand it's too much for an MMP internal BEC on 2s. I've tried running with weaker servos, but hate the difference in speed when under differing loads, and hate their more fragile gears. I also like to run my steering tight against the saver to get every degree of throw I can get, run the servo saver extremely tight, and lesser servo's can't take that as well and actually pull more amps through the RX under those conditions.

I run the savox 1267 in my 8ight e 2.0 on 7.4v and it's fantastic.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Well, I got my SNR 3.7mm, 203 gram Carbon Fiber Chassis today at OCRC. I didn't have time to put it on as Racing had already begun. But it looks great! The finish is excellent and all the screws seem to line up, I seriously don't see there being ANY fitment issues with it. I'll comment further on that once I put it on. I can't wait to get it onto my truck!!! Two things that I noticed which could really be beneficial. Since the need to use the riser/spacer that goes under the motor mount and center diff can be eliminated, there will be less angle on the center CVD's which should equate to slightly less wear, and as a byproduct of the lower angles, it also pushes the drive shafts slightly further into the outdrives, which should mean less issues with them popping out. I know it's not a huge issue, but most of us who've run them hard for quite some time have popped them out once or twice when casing a big jump or something. Again, not a chronic problem, but definitely one that can sideline you for the rest of the heat until you get it back to the pits. The other thing is, I know some people have their trepidations about too much flex in a CF chassis. This thing is stiff front to back but definitely has good torsional flex. That is something I'll be able to give better input on once it's mounted and run. But in my hands, it seems like it's got great flex/stiffness characteristics. If this were a butt dyno, I'd say improvement over stock, but I'll only be able to tell once I actually run it out there on the track.

Also, Steve surprised me with something else that was new. Unfortunately I couldn't keep it because it was his first prototype. He made a CF front chassis brace/steering assembly plate. This is a two piece design since the CF is flat and the plastic one is not. The thing that I really like about it is that it gets rid of that stupid little plastic piece that I seem to nearly lose everytime I have to take that plastic plate off. Somehow I've managed to find it everytime I've dropped it, but it's been way too many times lol. This eliminates it's use. It may stiffen the front up ever so slightly, but probably not enough to make a noticeable difference. It doesn't save any weight, I forgot to weigh them, sorry. Honestly, this is mostly for bling factor, but it completes the look if you've already got the CF center diff top plate. Here's a couple of pics, it's high quality and looks really nice!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,4x4 short course is very new in the club i race at,looking at the Losi,as anybody tryed the Durango Desc410r?any pros and cons for both?Cheers.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 84 GT 5.0 View Post
Only reason I run BEC on my mmm is because my servo is a savox HV servo so I run it at 7.4v to get lost from it not because I have to. My s6040 has an issue that the reps at rcx said they had with a batch of servos but since I didn't want to send it back east for repair and wait on them I just of a cap on it and called it good.
Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I only used Hitec 965MG's when I was using the MMP's, nothing special but still required a BEC and cap. It's hit and miss like I said, some work fine while some don't.
985mg's are the best servo around, I run them in my 1/8 buggy and my scte fast lots of torque All newer versions of the mmp seem to have the weak bec issue, and require 'work' to be happy. I was just saying step one for anyone should be to turn down the voltage on the bec to 5.5v or less, maybe 5v to assure. Also check and limit end points.. the peaks come at full turn so if you limit properly it's not as bad. If that doesn't work move on to bypass.

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Also, Steve surprised me with something else that was new. Unfortunately I couldn't keep it because it was his first prototype. He made a CF front chassis brace/steering assembly plate. This is a two piece design since the CF is flat and the plastic one is not. The thing that I really like about it is that it gets rid of that stupid little plastic piece that I seem to nearly lose everytime I have to take that plastic plate off. Somehow I've managed to find it everytime I've dropped it, but it's been way too many times lol. This eliminates it's use. It may stiffen the front up ever so slightly, but probably not enough to make a noticeable difference. It doesn't save any weight, I forgot to weigh them, sorry. Honestly, this is mostly for bling factor, but it completes the look if you've already got the CF center diff top plate. Here's a couple of pics, it's high quality and looks really nice!
That small piece allows for removal of the front clip with out taking all 5 screws out of the top plate.. slide out that part and the clip tips out, all you need to do is unscrew the steering turnbuckles and pull it out. LOL I'd rather keep it than install the CF part.. and be stuck.. so for me thats pretty lame actually. To each his own though.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I consider your spektrum servo choice to be borderline too weak for the SCTE. All of the servo's that I like for the SCTE would be what you could call amp hogs, regardless of their brand. I like fast and ~300ounces of torque, so regardless of brand it's too much for an MMP internal BEC on 2s. I've tried running with weaker servos, but hate the difference in speed when under differing loads, and hate their more fragile gears. I also like to run my steering tight against the saver at lock to get every degree of throw I can get, run the servo saver extremely tight for precision on rough tracks, and lesser servo's can't take that as well and actually pull more amps through the RX under those conditions.

pitty you think that because it works fine and a lot of the Losi team drivers are running them and they even reccomend them in the manual and mine has not missed a beat being racing two time per week for the last 4 months or so , infact the whole car has not missed a beat and is still the box setup for oils in shock and grease in diffs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.