Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LongIslandLosi View Post
Ryan's setup on post #1151. .
How close is this set up to what Casey ran this past weekend at the Nitro Challenge?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

sweet. found em after i stole some outta my box!!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Oops. Double post.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
Casper thank you for the quick responses. I got the motor mounted, drilled it out just a little, looks works good. Now my problem is, I'm using a LRP comp TC Sphere speed control. Mounting it behind the battery, the wire is too short to reach the receiver box by about 2". Would you cut the wire and solder in a section of wire or buy an extension? Maybe locate the ESC somewhere else? I'm leaning toward cutting and soldering in a section of wire. I just hate hacking things up, although I feel confident that I can do a good job.
I would just put a short servo extention wire on the esc wire and call it a day. Couple bucks tops at the hobby shop. Clean solution and will work just fine. I've had to do this in the past on other cars.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ervo-Extention
Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Just because a few of you have asked, here is Casey Pecks winning setup from the Nitro Challenge. This is great for outdoor rough track. If you are running smooth track or indoor, check out POST 1151 for the setup the rest of us have been running.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8686756-post1151.html
that's the one except I run black rear springs

Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
Pro SC at nitro challenge. Great job Casey!!

http://vimeo.com/20507837

Edit: Whoops, just seen the last page with the link. Oh well, it can be on back to back pages...it's that good!!
Thanks! I made a few early mistakes but the truck was good enough to reel them back in and get'r done

Originally Posted by neobart View Post
Casey's ride looked a lot more calm all over the track. Like all the others had to fight their truck a lot more to get round the track.
It sure was neobart. I could just focus on the track and putting it where ever I want to to go.

Originally Posted by SEF View Post
After watching the video of Casey dominating and checking out around the 3 minute mark at the Nitro Challenge, I decided to get one of these. And checking out on the likes of Kortz and Bradley seems insane.

Looks awesome. I've been wanting a short course that is based on a 1/8 platform and has durability to match.

http://vimeo.com/20507837
Yes this truck can take a beating and carve its way around an 1/8th scale track like no other.

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You can go 10 min on a 5200 pack. I went 10 min on a 5000mah pack at hot rod. The track has so much grip at OCRC right now we are drawing lots of amps I would not take many warm up laps but it can be done.

Casey Peck had to go 10 min at the Nitro challenge. I wonder what battery he ran. That track was huge.
I run the losi 6000 60c. It was only 7
minutes and after the main I had to put 4800mah back into it so 10 might be possible with the size pack.

Originally Posted by MONSTER JOE View Post
DAMMMMMM that track is big!!!!!! The truck looked great, on my way to pick up mine at the LHS
Sweet! yes the track is huge fastest laps were in the 49's for my rig.

Thanks for all the congrats to everyone! I had a great time and knew it was only a matter of time until I could show what the truck is capable of. Thanks to Ryan and Losi for all of the hard work on this thing, and Novak for a great system to push it around the track
Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

are the body mount holes the same as the 2wd losi? got a body ready to paint but dont have the truck yet to check
Old 03-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

saw one today at crispy critters hobby shop he had three, it looks solid , kinda heavy, no electronics or battery and its over 6lbs, but it looks tough
Old 03-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone got theirs together yet? still waiting for mine
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FASTDMAX View Post
not to go back on the wheel subject, but for the guys that want to run 17mm. DE racing makes a sc wheel with a 17mm so you can go back and forth for other cars, and the offset even fits with the stock scte body. ive been using them on my elite sc conversion. now i just bought the scte and im trying to decide if i should make the new truck 17 or make my conversion truck a 12mm. amain has the wheels there like 6.99 for 2 i belive
Sweet those are the ones I ordered. I think I will end up making my own 17mm conversion to run them
Old 03-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LongIslandLosi View Post
Casper or Ryan,
Just picked up the new baby today!!! Getting ready to disassemble and get set up for our Regionals on the 19th. Spec tire is JC Barcodes. Track is indoor clay,low bite, tight technical infield. I'm going to use Ryan's setup on post #1151. Any tweaks to that setup for my conditions that you can think of? I'm not going to have a lot of time to adjust prior to that weekend. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank's, Vince

P.S. Where is the serial # on this? I went to register and I can't find it.
Don't change a thing Run it that way to start and tweak from there. It should be close though assuming you have the right tires.

Casper thank you for the quick responses. I got the motor mounted, drilled it out just a little, looks works good. Now my problem is, I'm using a LRP comp TC Sphere speed control. Mounting it behind the battery, the wire is too short to reach the receiver box by about 2". Would you cut the wire and solder in a section of wire or buy an extension? Maybe locate the ESC somewhere else? I'm leaning toward cutting and soldering in a section of wire. I just hate hacking things up, although I feel confident that I can do a good job.
Get a servo wire extension. I had to do this as well.

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
motor mount screws look like coutersunk heads..... none came with truck???
The motor screws and the extra servo mount piece is in a separate bag in the box. Look around the bottom to find them!

How close is this set up to what Casey ran this past weekend at the Nitro Challenge?
Casey posted his setup again for us.

I thought the main was 10 but did not double check. 7 sounds more resonable on such a large track. Great job again by the way!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Prophet

New video link

http://vimeo.com/20541530
Old 03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Any fitment issues with the rx8 in this as it's larger than most esc's? Also I don't own a set of standard drivers and really don't require a whole set so what are the must have sizes for this truck? Thanks Q
Old 03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
Can we see some layout pics of how you guys are installing your radio gear in the car????
Hey I tried posting pics but since i'm new it wont let me post any URLs. If you go back a few pages SaladFork posted the link to my thread from another forum.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Prophet

No size restrictions. There is tons of room for electronics in this truck!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

those are some large jumps casey!! what setup sheet were you using for that layout?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.