Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stompy View Post
Question, how does a stiffer chassis or less rear flex affect the handling of the truck? What are the benefits?
Smooth high bite a little stiffer chassis to deal with the high speeds. A little softer chassis helps soak up ruts and bumps on 8th scale type tracks. Just another tuning aid like anything else.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Chuck, I may have mispoken but we have always had the holes in the chassis just like stock. Maybe I was answering what I thought about the BCE chassis or something. What we were waiting on was getting the milling below the spur so we could direct mount the center diff if we choose to as well. thats all.

See, we have many consumers that have converted this truck to nitro as well and love it so we couldnt just say sorry guys when we release the new chassis so thats why the holes have always been in the chassis for our testing.

What we have tried is a WHOLE bunch of milling options to get it to flex where we want it to.

Thank you Ryan, I was hoping you guys worked the flex out on the new
chaissis. Anyone can machine a piece of aluminum but that don't make it
right without understanding chassis dynamics. Same goes for carbon fiber
anyone can lay up some carbon fiber, but if you lay it up with the wrong
weave and/or the wrong thickness it is just another pretty piece of bling"

Thanks again Ryan"
Old 08-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stompy View Post
Question, how does a stiffer chassis or less rear flex affect the handling of the truck? What are the benefits?
Just to add to what Casper already told you. Back when I raced 1/8th
nitro buggies I would have 3 rear braces. 1 short,1 med,1 front to back to
get real stiff. The softest was to run no rear brace which was used on very
low bite tracks. For most tracks the med brace worked, but it is nice to have
a tuning tool such as different length rear braces. Full length rear to center
diff to front bulk head is awsome on high bite smooth clay tracks.

The trick is to have a chassis with the correct flex in it to start with and
work from there. A pretty piece of light weight bling does not make a
perfect chassis. It takes lots of R&D to have a good base to tune from.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jedev View Post
I saw the prototype SNR CF chassis at OCRC and there is something else to consider when comparing these chassis's. That being torsional flex. He said he laid the fibers so it's stiff front to back but allows more torsional twist. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Hey Jeff, I just realized this is you. I just figured out ur screen name. Kinda like how you came up with the color scheme you run on your trucks! Lol BTW I think ur color scheme is really cool, especially the new body on ur 2wd. Well all that practice on Saturday and time spent with Ryan and Casper seemed to pay off! TQ'd, fast lap of the day for Pro 4 and I managed to win the A-main on Sunday. Also got an Email from Steve and the next version of the SNR cf chassis is ready! Cant wait to see it and run it. I'm also curious to see what it weighs in at.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sweet. Nice job with the TQ and win Scott!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Hey Jeff, I just realized this is you. I just figured out ur screen name. Kinda like how you came up with the color scheme you run on your trucks! Lol BTW I think ur color scheme is really cool, especially the new body on ur 2wd. Well all that practice on Saturday and time spent with Ryan and Casper seemed to pay off! TQ'd, fast lap of the day for Pro 4 and I managed to win the A-main on Sunday. Also got an Email from Steve and the next version of the SNR cf chassis is ready! Cant wait to see it and run it. I'm also curious to see what it weighs in at.
That is great to hear Scott...glad its all working for you.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
The AE about retired 2 of my best buddies from racing. I'll stick to my opinion that is a complete POS I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

AE said they put more R&D into this truck than any other vehicle they ever made.......hopefully next time they don't try so hard, lmao

But this is the Losi thread......so no more on the matter in here.
Must be the same 2 buddies the Durango is gonna do the same thing for My AE had no problem smoking supposedly the fastest SCT guy in the area with his Durango
Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve View Post
Must be the same 2 buddies the Durango is gonna do the same thing for My AE had no problem smoking supposedly the fastest SCT guy in the area with his Durango
And you got beat by Louie this year, so that REALLY says something about them
Old 08-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Sweet. Nice job with the TQ and win Scott!

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
That is great to hear Scott...glad its all working for you.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help you've both given me both online as well as at the track over the last few months. My truck is feeling really dialed right now, so I really appreciate it! Here's the vid of it. I almost lost it , but it was gifted back to me lol
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help you've both given me both online as well as at the track over the last few months. My truck is feeling really dialed right now, so I really appreciate it! Here's the vid of it. I almost lost it , but it was gifted back to me lol
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
heh
Old 08-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey guys i wanna get your opinions, mainly looking for long time Electric RC racers....

Raced Nitro for 3 years now, started racing really electric when the scte came out. I know about lipos and all the precautions yada yada yada... I have a protek 5600 65C 2S lipo, actually i have two. One is perfect no puffing, cells are perfect. The other lipo is swollen a little, cells are perfect, no performance decrease, case isnt split. This lipo puffed up after i hit my LVC about a month or so ago. Ive hit the LVC with my other lipo too before this point and nothing happened. since that day the most i run is my 10 min main because i know i can make 10 min no problem and not hit my lvc or have performance decrease. but this lipo has me really concerned because ive read and seen horror stories/incidents with lipos. im not one to just throw money away just for the hell of it but also im not one to run shotty,worn out or bad equipment either. Ryan,Casper, experience electric racers please chime in, if needed i can take a pic of the lipo tomorrow after work, im leaving now for the track
Old 08-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
Hey guys i wanna get your opinions, mainly looking for long time Electric RC racers....

Raced Nitro for 3 years now, started racing really electric when the scte came out. I know about lipos and all the precautions yada yada yada... I have a protek 5600 65C 2S lipo, actually i have two. One is perfect no puffing, cells are perfect. The other lipo is swollen a little, cells are perfect, no performance decrease, case isnt split. This lipo puffed up after i hit my LVC about a month or so ago. Ive hit the LVC with my other lipo too before this point and nothing happened. since that day the most i run is my 10 min main because i know i can make 10 min no problem and not hit my lvc or have performance decrease. but this lipo has me really concerned because ive read and seen horror stories/incidents with lipos. im not one to just throw money away just for the hell of it but also im not one to run shotty,worn out or bad equipment either. Ryan,Casper, experience electric racers please chime in, if needed i can take a pic of the lipo tomorrow after work, im leaving now for the track
It happens when LVC and heat is there. I would just watch it, maybe even raise your lvc to 3.4v
Old 08-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

painted my losi stock body. I'm not a fan on spending 50$+ on paint jobs. Im also not a pro painter. all rattle can

Old 08-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post

I hit my LVC almost everytime I run my truck and never have any problems. I thought thats what the purpose of having an ESC with LVC on it.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
painted my losi stock body. I'm not a fan on spending 50$+ on paint jobs. Im also not a pro painter. all rattle can

That thing looks sweet dude. I'm going to send you my next body. LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.