Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
I don't know about it not making sense for a racer as I run the 8 2.0B shocks and podium finish at any track with them and @ my home track I just simply dominate with them too.
I guess to be fair though my SCTE is @ 6lbs 2oz and that's with TBR bumpers front and rear which if I wanted to remove them I would be under 6lbs but don't see the need.
I think you will get a lot of different answers when it comes to mods but I think we should all be careful to offer our opinions as "absolute" because they are not
+1
Old 08-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am the project manager for this truck. The stock tires will be just ok on outdoor dry clay. Something really to just run the truck with until you get to the track and find out what tires they are using for racing and pick soem of those up.
i won my 1st 3 quals on scte stock tires and there was a guy thay was faster than me so i upped my pinion 3 teeth not caring if i blew my motor or not plus i made a tire change to BN grid irons for the main and then got MAN HANDELED. lesson learned. if it aint broke then dont try n fix it. it was a loose bumpy rutty vineland type of track i finished 8th in the main out of 13 which every one made the main and i thought that was not fair after there was two groups of quals. ah well. ill get em next time lol
Old 08-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am the project manager for this truck. The stock tires will be just ok on outdoor dry clay. Something really to just run the truck with until you get to the track and find out what tires they are using for racing and pick soem of those up.
i think you're selling the stock tires short....I use AKA Enduros on this truck, but I did a hex conversion on my 2wd SC10, and put the Eclipses on there. They are perfect. They work like the Enduros do, but the smaller pins help penetrate the loose stuff with a lighter truck.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Guys I need help I'm selling my crappy slash 4x4 and looking for a better race 4x4 honest opinion would u prefer the sc10 4x4 or this losi ten scte?
The associated is a complete pile.

If it was my money, I'd get a Durango or a Losi, or even stay with a slash, before I ran an AE.

Between the Rango and the Losi, I'd let the track decide....small, smooth, low speed I'd get the Durango. Fast, rough, with big jumps I'd take the Losi.

Or, on another note, if you like to munch yellow tubes all day, get the Losi, it's the more durable truck.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post

If it was my money, I'd get a Durango or a Losi, or even stay with a slash, before I ran an AE.
i have two friends with Durangos, and they are FRAGILE. They take turns breaking every week.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i just LOL'ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haters are going to hate. Enough said, no need for writing a novel to this response.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
i have two friends with Durangos, and they are FRAGILE. They take turns breaking every week.
At least they can be made to be durable...or at least more durable. and, when wheeled properly, are uber fast.

The associated...there ain't any fixing of that truck.....besides maybe keeping the body and throwing a Losi underneath
Old 08-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by umm winning View Post
i just LOL'ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haters are going to hate. Enough said, no need for writing a novel to this response.
haters cant hate when its true. track night last night and my boys AE 4x4 busted 2 cvd's pins , 2 idlers and destroys slippers like no other. only after spending 35 dollars on a clutch basket to fix a problem that AE cant seem to fix.

B4.1 is the only AE product id ever own.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is everyone's thought on the bce chassis or the graphite? Just cant see 2oz's being worth 100 bucks. Or the graphite being to fragile. Just wanted to see if anyone has actuall track time with either chassis?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LAYMAN123 View Post
What is everyone's thought on the bce chassis or the graphite? Just cant see 2oz's being worth 100 bucks. Or the graphite being to fragile. Just wanted to see if anyone has actuall track time with either chassis?
The BCE chassis is great!! Stiffer, recovers faster, won't bend, and you get a 2 ounce savings. As far as cost vs weight reduction goes, it's pretty much in line with all the other options.....but you actually get a performance upgrade as it makes the truck react faster. I can't say enough about the BCE chassis I have been running, IMO, it's a "must have" modification

The Carbon chassis would be better if it wasn't so thick...and lighter. Being only a half ounce lighter than the Aluminum BCE chassis, and as thick as the BCE with skid plates....I don't personally think it's worth the tradeoffs of going to a carbon chassis. However, it is their first incarnation...they may make something far more impressive in the future
Old 08-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

thats a bit far fetched.....and i disagree. The AE truck is actually a good truck. Durable, nimble, accelerates way faster than the Losi, has more steering. It's got some of its drawbacks...but so do any of the other 4x4 SCTs. I actually prefer running the Associated in quite a few situations than the Losi.

And I would not put the Slash on the same breath as the SC10 4x4. We have a Slash 4x4 and the AE truck is pretty much better in every way, shape, or form.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
thats a bit far fetched.....and i disagree. The AE truck is actually a good truck. Durable, nimble, accelerates way faster than the Losi, has more steering. It's got some of its drawbacks...but so do any of the other 4x4 SCTs. I actually prefer running the Associated in quite a few situations than the Losi.

And I would not put the Slash on the same breath as the SC10 4x4. We have a Slash 4x4 and the AE truck is pretty much better in every way, shape, or form.
The AE about retired 2 of my best buddies from racing. I'll stick to my opinion that is a complete POS I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

AE said they put more R&D into this truck than any other vehicle they ever made.......hopefully next time they don't try so hard, lmao

But this is the Losi thread......so no more on the matter in here.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
come on that was kinda funny

i've driven both...i prefer the SCTE and I'll tell you why.

1) the SCTE is .75 lbs heavier. This has its drawbacks (battery runtime) but...in this class bumping is common. When people bump into the SCTE, they bounce off. The truck stays put. the weight also helps with the parachuting associated with short course trucks.

2) the center of gravity is lower on the SCTE, it can take turns better for me. not saying others can't control the torque rolls in the SC10 4x4, but i had issues with it.

3) the battery tray....good luck getting anything bigger than a 5000mah 2S into the batter tray on the SC10. What a pain in the butt that thing is.

im no Losi fan boy. My 2wd is an SC10
I agree with one and two, but I happen to know first hand that maxamps 6500 and Orions new 6000 fit. The Max amps is a little tougher, but I can still pop it in or out
Old 08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KING_PALM View Post
haters cant hate when its true. track night last night and my boys AE 4x4 busted 2 cvd's pins , 2 idlers and destroys slippers like no other. only after spending 35 dollars on a clutch basket to fix a problem that AE cant seem to fix.

B4.1 is the only AE product id ever own.
No offence to chris...isnt a chris kit the same price?

Last edited by umm winning; 08-03-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The BCE chassis is great!! Stiffer, recovers faster, won't bend, and you get a 2 ounce savings. As far as cost vs weight reduction goes, it's pretty much in line with all the other options.....but you actually get a performance upgrade as it makes the truck react faster. I can't say enough about the BCE chassis I have been running, IMO, it's a "must have" modification

The Carbon chassis would be better if it wasn't so thick...and lighter. Being only a half ounce lighter than the Aluminum BCE chassis, and as thick as the BCE with skid plates....I don't personally think it's worth the tradeoffs of going to a carbon chassis. However, it is their first incarnation...they may make something far more impressive in the future
I saw the prototype SNR CF chassis at OCRC and there is something else to consider when comparing these chassis's. That being torsional flex. He said he laid the fibers so it's stiff front to back but allows more torsional twist. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.