Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
checks in the mail. Tekin's new motor will be here sometime this year. right after tenshock castle and a few others set the price range. slow boat from china,,, lol expect to pay any where form 60 to 300 depending on who you know. J/K
makes me wonder if that container ship got taken over by the pirates?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
checks in the mail. Tekin's new motor will be here sometime this year. right after tenshock castle and a few others set the price range. slow boat from china,,, lol expect to pay any where form 60 to 300 depending on who you know. J/K
Question. to CASPER ?
when adding grease to the diffs. is there a amount ? or just pack it in. I noticed when I rebuilt , cleaned them up there wasn't very much in them. Thanks

I would pack it in pretty good. Might not need to use a compactor but I would fill it up. Of course less grease would mean more action. So what ever you do, try and be consistant with it. I have not tried the grease I went straight to oils so I don't have a lot of experiance with grease personally but have driven a few out of the box SCTE's and they do handle great with grease in the diffs.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I would pack it in pretty good. Might not need to use a compactor but I would fill it up. Of course less grease would mean more action. So what ever you do, try and be consistant with it. I have not tried the grease I went straight to oils so I don't have a lot of experiance with grease personally but have driven a few out of the box SCTE's and they do handle great with grease in the diffs.

Thank you very much Casper.. I have tried 3,3,2 3,3,3 5,3,2 7.7.3 and a few others paying much attention to temps and notice grease runs cooler. I had some special grease made and if it works, maybe replacing washers out drives and barrings will come to an end. will find out the end of the month. if all goes well. will post and let everyone know results.. Have a great day Thanks again.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
I would bet that sooner than two weeks. An announcement is bound to happen today...
You know what ? I dont care anymore as I have installed a Castle 1410 and am now a believer ! This little motor ROCKS ! Has just as much power as my Ballistic 4.5 with the 14mm tuning rotor AND is running cooler !

The Tekin RX8 runs VERY smooth in sensorless mode as well , just as smooth as the sensored setup IMO .

Wish I had given the motor a shot earlier in the season . I might give the Tekin a shot but for 60 bucks the 1410 is a steal !
Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

How does the 1410 compare off throttle to the 4.5 with the 14mm rotor? After converting my TEN-T to an SCTE I've noticed that the SCTE is much more sensitive to motor drag.

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
You know what ? I dont care anymore as I have installed a Castle 1410 and am now a believer ! This little motor ROCKS ! Has just as much power as my Ballistic 4.5 with the 14mm tuning rotor AND is running cooler !

The Tekin RX8 runs VERY smooth in sensorless mode as well , just as smooth as the sensored setup IMO .

Wish I had given the motor a shot earlier in the season . I might give the Tekin a shot but for 60 bucks the 1410 is a steal !
Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
How does the 1410 compare off throttle to the 4.5 with the 14mm rotor? After converting my TEN-T to an SCTE I've noticed that the SCTE is much more sensitive to motor drag.
with the 1410 I had to turn the drag brake all the way down to 0 otherwise the nose wanted to dive everytime it was in the air
Old 08-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Well, I'm already running zero drag break, but the motor has alot of internal resistance too. I swapped back to the stock rotor and it was a little better, but not alot.

I'm thinking about trying the 1410, the TenShock 4000kv motor or the new Tekin if it's released in the next week or so.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Well, I'm already running zero drag break, but the motor has alot of internal resistance too. I swapped back to the stock rotor and it was a little better, but not alot.

I'm thinking about trying the 1410, the TenShock 4000kv motor or the new Tekin if it's released in the next week or so.
with 0 drag brake, i can keep it level to slightly nose up...if it starts going nose over though i cant always get it back. Like it i let go of the gas too soon in the air, it'll start to nose over, if it gets to 45 degrees or so i cant get it back level.

i suck though, a capable driver might not have to worry about it...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
with 0 drag brake, i can keep it level to slightly nose up...if it starts going nose over though i cant always get it back. Like it i let go of the gas too soon in the air, it'll start to nose over, if it gets to 45 degrees or so i cant get it back level.

I have the same problem. I call it normal now
Old 08-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post

This issue is greatly increased with the 1410. I noticed it has no issue nosing ove but bringing it back is another story. Thats why i brake tap at the las minute.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I didn't really notice it when it was a truggy, but now that it is a SCT I really notice it. I had my best heats ever in 2wd open SCT with my SC-R. Only got marshalled 1-2 times all day with it, but running 4wd afterward I was nosing in on all of the jumps. The driving style needed for each class is so different.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Bryant View Post
I have the same problem. I call it normal now
Yeah, I didn't really notice it when it was a truggy, but now that it is a SCT I really notice it. I had my best heats ever in 2wd open SCT with my SC-R. Only got marshalled 1-2 times all day with it, but running 4wd afterward I was nosing in on all of the jumps. The driving style needed for each class is so different.
we gotta get you guys tenshock'd up...
Old 08-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
we gotta get you guys tenshock'd up...
Not going to happen unless you give me one. Waiting on the tekin
Old 08-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Bryant View Post
Not going to happen unless you give me one. Waiting on the tekin
going to run an RX8 with it? aren't you running a monster with your 1410 now?
Old 08-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Agreed. 2WD is so much easier to adjust mid-air. Hit the brake too early in the 4WD and it's over. Hit the jump wrong and it's over.

I find that the best way to take a jump is to make sure you're accelerating as you're hitting the jump. That guarantees that you will land flat and need little mid-air adjustments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.