Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Use the other one up front.

i tried but i need your battery tray since the losi front strap is in the way. did you use the existing whole at the top?
Old 07-31-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
i tried but i need your battery tray since the losi front strap is in the way. did you use the existing whole at the top?
Ahh gotcha. I drilled another hole in between the two. It was close to the spur otherwise. Closer to the front tower it hits the rack underneath.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soccerlaw View Post
Great seeing you again today Scott too. Unfortunately, no backup so I won't be out tomorrow. Just ordered a back-up though (went cheaper with the Hobbywing SC8) and I'm hoping it'll be here by Wednesday. If so, I'm gunning for the OCRC cycle next week! haha.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Hobbywing esc, not a bad choice for a backup at all! Well all that practice yesterday and Ryan's help with my setup really paid off. Today I TQ'd, got the fastest lap of the day for Pro4 and took the win in the A-main. Last few laps of the race were intense though. I lead every lap, hit a pipe and ended up on my lid, this let 2nd place back into it. For the next 2 laps, I held him off but on the last lap, he finally made a really nice pass on me, really clean and there was nothing I could do without wrecking either of us. Then on the straight away he hit another truck that was out of contention and I cruised by for the win. It was an exciting day to be sure!

Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
Looks nice. Do you have any plans to make the piece that covers the steering linkage?
The Ackerman bar or the plastic top plate right next to the chassis brace? Yep, he makes the ackerman bar, he also makes the cf center diff top plate which is nice too. But not the front top plate at this time. I think he wants to make one though eventually.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Ahh gotcha. I drilled another hole in between the two. It was close to the spur otherwise. Closer to the front tower it hits the rack underneath.
Salad...what's that extra piece of wire/strap that's connected to by your servo and reciever?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:18 AM
KIK
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Salad...what's that extra piece of wire/strap that's connected to by your servo and reciever?
If your referring to the front of the receiver, that's his antenna mount since he's not using the stock receiver box. And attached to the back of the receiver is a capacitor.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KIK View Post
If your referring to the front of the receiver, that's his antenna mount since he's not using the stock receiver box. And attached to the back of the receiver is a capacitor.
haha....feel like a dumbass for that one. Should've looked harder.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex View Post
I'm running the Castle 3800 in my SCTE now, I just ordered the Tenshock 4000kv to try out. Is it really noticeably faster than the Castle?
Yes, the Tenshock is quite a bit faster

8ight-E doesn't think so, but most of the reason is his MMP esc can't supply the extra amps the Tenshock is capable of using. With an RX8, the difference is quite noticeable. In his world of going by KV ratings, all motors are the same speed

Push control works till you tap the brakes. Either in the corner, or in the air, then it's back to the drag which either slows you down, or continues your truck into a nosedive in the air I personally think a motor should function without the drag, without relying on bandaids to fix it's shortcomings.

I don't think it's as fast as the new Tekin 4-pole motor though, that thing is insane. It is, however, 50$, and not 150$, and available NOW The Tekin has a large rotor too, but does NOT have the annoying drag. Must be Magic!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
front/Rear shock towers, upgrade to Carbonfiber.
I too got mine on Friday, has a sticker on the battery tray too. Yet to run it though.
I just ordered SNR stock style towers, lower plates, top plate, and steering drag link. Should shave a little weight off! My SC4x ran between 160-170 after a 5 minute main on our smallish indoor track (17 laps in a 5 min heat, to give you an idea of how big it is). I'm running a 14 tooth pinion. Is this acceptable? I won't ever bash with the truck or run it much longer than the length of the race.. I run only on the track. What spare parts should I keep in my pit box?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fatam View Post
During my first race with my Losi ten SCTe I was 12 seconds faster than TQ with about 2 mins to go my esc lost all power and crapped out on me. As I am new to electric I am running the novak pro sc and 4.5t. I was running a 13t pinion and was a little on the warm side but not hot. So I just ordered the Tekin rx8 and am gonna try that with my ballistic 4.5. Any thoughts on gearing? Its about 105 outside today and we are outside.
Through all I have spoken to and seen on the track, they just cant get the grunt out of those pro sc speedos. You should be better with the RX8...maybe hit up Casper for his speedo settings as we were on the track for around 12 minutes yesterday with no issues.

Originally Posted by WestonSmith View Post
I just ordered SNR stock style towers, lower plates, top plate, and steering drag link. Should shave a little weight off! My SC4x ran between 160-170 after a 5 minute main on our smallish indoor track (17 laps in a 5 min heat, to give you an idea of how big it is). I'm running a 14 tooth pinion. Is this acceptable? I won't ever bash with the truck or run it much longer than the length of the race.. I run only on the track. What spare parts should I keep in my pit box?
Thats not bad temps but as long as it stays there longer. You should be able to get 10 minutes or so without heat issues.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post

8ight-E doesn't think so, but most of the reason is his MMP esc can't supply the extra amps the Tenshock is capable of using. With an RX8, the difference is quite noticeable. In his world of going by KV ratings, all motors are the same speed
The funny thing is in the real world a motors kv does determine max speeds.. LOL

Obviously we are talking about two motors capable of pushing this vehicle, not motors that are uncapable. They are both 4 pole, one is a 540 one is 550. If the MMp wasn't capable of handling the load it would have had heat issues.. this was not the case at least w/ my two mmp's. The MMM how ever doesn't have any issues regardless if you think the mmp could have.

Keep in mind, more amps used = more mAH burned.. it is always a trade off I'd be happy to take my castle head to head vs the tenshock on the track.. I guarantee the motor doesn't determine the winner of the race
Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)
Questions?? SCTE Weight

I'm impressed with my SCT, I'd really like to get a SCTE, but I'm concerned about not being allowed to run on THE TRACK, with a 6.2 lb. limit.

I know going to a graphite or aluminun pan will drop some weight.

But how close is the stock truck, say with a 1410 3800 KV & MMP & 2S battery.

Where can I attack the truck to trim weight? Or does it mean replacing a lot of the stock parts with graphite to get the weight down, which means more & more $$$$$$$$.

Ideas? Comments?

Thx
Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I realise that probably no one here will need to know the answer to this question but I am curious and will ask anyway. I believe it is DE racing that makes SC wheels, 2.2/3.0 that fit on a 17mm hex. Is a SC wheel with 17mm hex ROAR legal? Obviously provided it doesnt make the Losi too wide of course. I have been runnng buggy wheels and am looking to go back to SC wheels and a 2 cell so I can attend some bigger races. Sure I can swap axles back to the 12mm hexes but I do run 8th scale buggy also and would like to be able to slap a set of buggy wheels back on a club races If I want.
Thanks,
Alvin
Old 08-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post

I don't think it's as fast as the new Tekin 4-pole motor though, that thing is insane. It is, however, 50$, and not 150$, and available NOW The Tekin has a large rotor too, but does NOT have the annoying drag. Must be Magic!!!!
do you have a link to the tekin 4 pole? can't seem to find it.. or maybe i am not sure what i am looking for..haha..
Old 08-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Blueribbon View Post
I'm impressed with my SCT, I'd really like to get a SCTE, but I'm concerned about not being allowed to run on THE TRACK, with a 6.2 lb. limit.

Where can I attack the truck to trim weight? Or does it mean replacing a lot of the stock parts with graphite to get the weight down, which means more & more $$$$$$$$.

Ideas? Comments?

Thx
The truck with that motor will probably be around 6.6 stock. Things you can do to cut weight...trim the radio box, lighten the battery tray, trim the rear bumper. Things you can do with money to trim weight...lightened chassis, aluminum pivots, carbon towers, titanium tie-rods, lightened outdrives.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blueribbon View Post

Ideas? Comments?

Thx
That's a really odd restriction. Maybe you can bring it to the race director's attention that you are running a stock 4WD SC truck and that it is what it is? I don't see what the big deal is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.