Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ridley
Thanks, and I agree 100%.........I don't think we should have to add 3 orders of butt kissing to every post to feed the factory racer ego.
Really? I have seen no larger ego in this thread then yours and trust me, it's hungry.

Casey comes here to give his opinion just as anyone else and you go after him as if he's some paid shill. Is he not running the chassis and winning with it? Is the new chassis bad and he wins with it so Losi can sell them? What opinion should he have or is he not allowed one by paycheck or freebie? If you have proof where Casey has misled us then show it. If not then how about a little respect. What you did was rude intentional or not. Now we have one less expert in here assisting us so your ego just kept it's share of the thread.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Everyone should chill. It's the interwebz. Go outside.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Every right to be skeptical!! And does BCE use American alum?? I know you have been on Troll patrol lately with some Kooks coming on here maybe you just had one in the chamber when Casey climbed in? Lol You have the right to be Skeptical as do all of us on this truck.I am Brand loyal tho,so I hope Casey thick ins up and comes back!!
to answer your question......http://www.rctech.net/forum/9309056-post12843.html

Originally Posted by Buzz3
Really? I have seen no larger ego in this thread then yours and trust me, it's hungry.

Casey comes here to give his opinion just as anyone else and you go after him as if he's some paid shill. Is he not running the chassis and winning with it? Is the new chassis bad and he wins with it so Losi can sell them? What opinion should he have or is he not allowed one by paycheck or freebie? If you have proof where Casey has misled us then show it. If not then how about a little respect. What you did was rude intentional or not. Now we have one less expert in here assisting us so your ego just kept it's share of the thread.
none one told casey to go away. ridley likes to call it as sees it, which personally i dont have any issue with it if its him or anyone else
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Everyone should chill. It's the interwebz. Go outside.
Go out and play with my freshly re-built SCTE? lol
Find a truck yet???

Last edited by BmainStar; 07-28-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Kant spell
Old 07-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Well at the risk of getting flamed out, as is the recent trend...

So, I got to looking at my arms last night and they are very slightly sagged. At the risk of sounding cheap (I am, fwiw). Has anyone tried just flipping them over on the opposite side?

I mean, I realize this isn't the "best" option. I'm a club racer. I just like to drive my truck. I'm not trying to be Truhe here, I just want my stuff in a decent runnable condition.

Is this a horrible idea? Would it prolong the use of the arms or would they just turn into rubber and severely hinder the handling of the truck?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

More forums need the little popcorn eating smiley
Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by onefast8

So, I got to looking at my arms last night and they are very slightly sagged. At the risk of sounding cheap (I am, fwiw). Has anyone tried just flipping them over on the opposite side?

I mean, I realize this isn't the "best" option. I'm a club racer. I just like to drive my truck. I'm not trying to be Truhe here, I just want my stuff in a decent runnable condition.

Is this a horrible idea? Would it prolong the use of the arms or would they just turn into rubber and severely hinder the handling of the truck?
They are marked right and left so I don't think?? You can.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The original arms were made of a softer material and after time they sagged. (The original 8ight had a similar but much more pronounced issue)

The new arms on the shelves today are a little stiffer material and should not sag. I would spend the money and get a new set of arms and go that way. I would not recommend flipping the arms as it effects droop and ride height. If you are just bashing probably not a big deal. If you are racing though it would be a good idea to get a new set of arms.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is not the sC tEN 4X4 thread Homer!
If this was the SC10 thread that fan would be missing a blade and have a ratted out belt laying at the base of it!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ridley
If this was the SC10 thread that fan would be missing a blade and have a ratted out belt laying at the base of it!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
The original arms were made of a softer material and after time they sagged. (The original 8ight had a similar but much more pronounced issue)

The new arms on the shelves today are a little stiffer material and should not sag. I would spend the money and get a new set of arms and go that way. I would not recommend flipping the arms as it effects droop and ride height. If you are just bashing probably not a big deal. If you are racing though it would be a good idea to get a new set of arms.

Good to know, thanks for the reply.

I do have a new set of arms on the way atm. Just tossing the idea out there.

To be honest, I have no idea how the stock arms are still attached after the beatings they have received. They have well earned their keep!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I wouldn't worry about them. I think the truck handles better with the arms a little "worn in". Until the sag become pretty pronounced, I'd just run it personally. Now, if the sides aren't sagged equally, then you could have issues.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Go out and play with my freshly re-built SCTE? lol
Find a truck yet???
Hopefully next week. Reserved 2 at Pegasus.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's the consensus on using lesser powered motors on these trucks? I've got the Novak 4.5 on it - could I use a higher wind stator to get longer run times? Thinking of battery time - not too concerned with winning A mains. Thoughts?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pete nice
does anyone know when more scte will be availible to buy , all the stores around me have none and no body knows when they will get them , i also heard this next batch will be different with the stronger pins and better bumpers and stuff , any info greatly appreciated
Hey, Franklin read the post from Hacker they wll be in stock next week!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.