Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
Why would you be PO'd?? It's a very small company, hand making top notch parts. He said he had supplier issues if you read a little, and things are back under way. It's not like ordering tires from amain.
hahahaha

Originally Posted by racerx1920
i understand that but i still think it should not take a month to get something. i was told that there was a shipping lable problem some got printed and other did not. but now its they were having problems getting stuff to even make the chassis. what is it?
he had suppliers issues, small company, hand made here in the states, and not to mention he makes many others chassis at the same time, good things come to those that wait.

Originally Posted by hacker07
It was great to see Casey in here for a little and he is already been pushed away...lol. Sheesh.

I am hoping to have them air shipped so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the end of august/beginning of september. Its later than I wanted but it is what it is. We wanted to get them right.

dang that easy? ryan is horizons price set and done for 125?

Originally Posted by lowroad
I would think that a polite concise inquiry would serve you better than a pissed off horrificly spelled email, but to each his own.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i have to side with ridley here. he speaks the truth. first of all, i think we've been told that the final production chassis still had some changes being made to it, so whatever chassis the team guys are saying is proven, is not the chassis that we will be able to buy. secondly, while i would stop short of saying that i would take sponsored/pro guys opinions with a grain of salt, i would say that i have some healthy skepticism versus the rest of us who pay for our stuff. i mean, you're not going to see seething criticism from team guys in an open forum. i don't blame them. i wouldn't want to stop the gravy train either. that's not being dishonest. more of a "if you don't have something nice to say" type of thing.

i certainly don't think we should have to kiss these guys asses so they will grace us with their presence on the forum. nobody is chasing them away. ridley just didn't take the time to add some fluff to make the message more palatable. afterall, these are all just opinions. if you don't like someone's, ignore them. if you truly have an interest in helping losi customers and/or fellow rc'ers, you won't let someone hurting your feelings stop you from doing it...
Thanks, and I agree 100%.........I don't think we should have to add 3 orders of butt kissing to every post to feed the factory racer ego.

I thought my posts were pretty direct and to the point....certainly not rude or untruthful. Somewhere, someone is wrong.....either the chassis Casey "thinks" is proven at this point is the "one design" that won all the races out of the "many" designs being tested even though different peeps won those races, and thats exactly what the consumer is getting, or it's getting "some things changed" and thats what we are getting as Ryan has said. It can't be both, and it can't be "proven" until ran by the masses as a PRODUCTION LINE part.

Also as we've seen MANY times over with this truck.....what the factory guys get as samples and "one offs" and what actually makes it through PRODUCTION has been light years apart quality and material wise!!!!!!

Last edited by Ridley; 07-28-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
hahahaha

he had suppliers issues, small company, hand made here in the states, and not to mention he makes many others chassis at the same time, good things come to those that wait.

dang that easy? ryan is horizons price set and done for 125?

Its never easy...lol. And the pricing is set, but the MAP is only $99.

Originally Posted by Ridley
Thanks, and I agree 100%.........I don't think we should have to add 3 orders of butt kissing to every post to feed the factory racer ego.

I thought my posts were pretty direct and to the point....certainly not rude or untruthful. Somewhere, someone is wrong.....either the chassis Casey "thinks" is proven at this point is the "one design" that won all the races out of the "many" designs being tested even though different peeps won those races, and thats exactly what the consumer is getting, or it's getting "some things changed" and thats what we are getting as Ryan has said. It can't be both, and it can't be "proven" until ran by the masses as a PRODUCTION LINE part.

Also as we've seen MANY times over with this truck.....what the factory guys get as samples and "one offs" and what actually makes it through PRODUCTION has been light years apart quality and material wise!!!!!!
Ridley, no one ever said to kiss anyones butt, lol. And even you said maybe you should censor your own posting, so I will just leave that alone.

As far as the chassis goes, the little last minute addition we made does not affect how the chassis would work or anything, it was just a nice to have. Some want to mount the diff straight to the chassis, so we notched the chassis for the spur. We did test this in testing. Just as an fyi. And I assure you the 8 different chassis we tested with different cutouts and materials is a LOT more testing than anyone else has done to get it right.

I am always straight with everyone on here. If you feel I am shading over anything, I'm sorry. I give my expereince and also make changes as fast as possible. But everytime you post, you bring up materials and parts, yada yada. Some may have had issues, many have also posted on here about how much they have abused their trucks and broken nothing at all. All the others are getting at is lets look at all sides here and just enjoy...haha.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The stamped POS that comes with the truck works why wouldn't an milled 7075 hard ano chassis work? It is not rocket science! I get what your saying bout them having a Jaded view,but the subject is pretty simple piece of alum!!!!Not worth running off a Factory guy over it IMO..
Old 07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Ridley, no one ever said to kiss anyones butt, lol. And even you said maybe you should censor your own posting, so I will just leave that alone.

As far as the chassis goes, the little last minute addition we made does not affect how the chassis would work or anything, it was just a nice to have. Some want to mount the diff straight to the chassis, so we notched the chassis for the spur. We did test this in testing. Just as an fyi. And I assure you the 8 different chassis we tested with different cutouts and materials is a LOT more testing than anyone else has done to get it right.

I am always straight with everyone on here. If you feel I am shading over anything, I'm sorry. I give my expereince and also make changes as fast as possible. But everytime you post, you bring up materials and parts, yada yada. Some may have had issues, many have also posted on here about how much they have abused their trucks and broken nothing at all. All the others are getting at is lets look at all sides here and just enjoy...haha.
So, did the same test chassis out of the 8 designs win all those races or was it a different chassis each time?

Were the different chassis used off the same production line and from the same company the production chassis is from, and of the same exact material? T6 treated? All hard anodized?

Can a product be "proven" before the above answers become a "yes", especially the latter?

I'm just trying to get a straight answer...not being an @ss.........
Old 07-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

word, I have only three races on my truck and have had to replace most of the drive train because of wear. cv's and out drives have been replaced already because they were bad.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i think you have ridley confused with someone else. he had a pretty nasty back and forth defending the truck AGAINST guys complaining about parts, materials, yada, yada (the guy claiming to be a marine or whatever).
Old 07-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BmainStar
The stamped POS that comes with the truck works why wouldn't an milled 7075 hard ano chassis work? It is not rocket science! I get what your saying bout them having a Jaded view,but the subject is pretty simple piece of alum!!!!Not worth running off a Factory guy over it IMO..
First of all, the stock chassis is lacking. I quit counting how many bent ones I've seen.

Secondly, do you believe the chinese 7075 T6 aluminum is really just that? Do you think it's equal to AMERICAN material that BCE uses, or even equal to the machining quality? Color me skeptical. I mean we are talking about production that couldn't match quality of a 23 cent mcmaster carr dowel pin for the diffs. Not to mention the outdrives, CVD's, screws, etc. I'm not complaining, it's a 250$ truck kit, not a 900$ Kyosho MP9 so i except that FULLY. I have defended that fact on here vehemently in Losi's regard. However, for a piece that's half the cost of the kit, the eye of scrutiny goes WAY UP......and none of the stories to it match up at this point. I'm cautiously optomistic about the Losi chassis.....but it being called PROVEN is pretty far off base.

Also, if Casey got all offended by my straight forward post, then he needs to get over himself. He's an RC Car racer not the King of England, and he's supposed to be able to deal with the public. If my extremely mild post got to him....he has some SERIOUS issues.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

go ridley
Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

First of all, the stock chassis is lacking. I quit counting how many bent ones I've seen.

Secondly, do you believe the chinese 7075 T6 aluminum is really just that? Do you think it's equal to AMERICAN material that BCE uses, or even equal to the machining quality? Color me skeptical. I mean we are talking about production that couldn't match quality of a 23 cent mcmaster carr dowel pin for the diffs. Not to mention the outdrives, CVD's, screws, etc. I'm not complaining, it's a 250$ truck kit, not a 900$ Kyosho MP9 so i except that fully. However, for a piece that's half the cost of the kit, the eye of scrutiny goes WAY UP......and none of the stories to it match up at this point. I'm cautiously optomistic about the Losi chassis.....but it being called PROVEN is pretty far off base.

Also, if Casey got all offended by my straight forward post, then he needs to get over himself. He's an RC Car racer not the King of England, and he's supposed to be able to deal with the public. If my extremely mild post got to him....he has some SERIOUS issues.
Every right to be skeptical!! And does BCE use American alum?? I know you have been on Troll patrol lately with some Kooks coming on here maybe you just had one in the chamber when Casey climbed in? Lol You have the right to be Skeptical as do all of us on this truck.I am Brand loyal tho,so I hope Casey thick ins up and comes back!!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It is going to take more then someone voicing and opinion to shoe away some of us. If that was the case most of us here helping would have been gone a long time ago........

All of the wins listed were with a milled version of the stock chassis. To be honest they all bent over time. This is why the TLR chassis will be 7075 which is at least twice the strength material as the stock chassis. We have tested the 7075 chassis and yes we bash on them and case huge jumps and all that and the 7075 has solved the slight bending of the stock milled chassis.

There are guys running the production version milled chassis right now. It won the JBRL at Pegasus two weekends ago and were used at the shootout. There are reps here that give WAY WAY WAY more info about production schedules and changes made per your guys requests here as well as admission to short comings that came up in production that were not there during testing then any other company I know. I am still running my original Ten gears in my diffs. I have yet to replace them. I have had to replace pins but my gears are are still original. Losi has figured out the production issues and resolved most all of them.

Instead of calling them out on issues that have been addressed already praise them for the efforts they have made to make the best truck out there better. Constant work is going into making the Ten line better everyday. Just like anything out there design is an evloution. Similar to how real cars evolve over the course of the years of production. Little things are fixed and changed each model year to make the cars better. Losi is basically doing the same thing here. Do they need to. Some of the issues no I don't think they needed to change anything. Did they. Yeah Losi and Ryan care about the end user. If it can be made better they put the effort in. They want the best product they can produce out there.

So lets move on to more relavent topics. The "factory support" is not going anywhere. Losi has a great product here that is being constantly looked at to improve what is the best 4X4 SC on the market today.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

I guess I'm not sure what to say at this point. It would seem that everything gets taken to a level with the multiple of 100. Casey is a good guy and doesnt offend easily. He also doesnt take crap. You specifically pointed out that you will take his word wtih a grain of salt given he made some good points and was just trying to help those out that he could.

You all just dont get it. I get yelled at almost weekly about how much info I give out in here. But, seeing as I just keep getting walked on as I am biased according to all...maybe its not worth it to get yelled at anymore. You all have a nice afternoon.

If you want the BCE chassis, it looks nice, go for it. If you want the TLR chassis, go for it. If you want to make your own, I'm ok with that too. But seeing as your first thought is to say it isnt good because the people have not spoken, thats a bit short sighted to me.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez

go ridley
This is not the sC tEN 4X4 thread Homer!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

this is better than jerry springer..
Old 07-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Man we need to organize the all Losi, all Rctech,all Scte Invitational shootout race and Food Fight for Bragging Rights LOL

Last edited by BmainStar; 07-28-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: cuzz

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.