Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITROALM View Post
Hi Again SCTE Guys, I have been in contact with a few of you
as you know. Thanks for hanging in there
we are now shipping two batches a week to keep up with demand.
We did run into a small delay with our normal supplier of our very specific
material, but that has been resolved and we have doubled up for what is looking
to be a very popular Chassis for the SCTE. Thanks again to you guys
that have been posting there arrivals,and build Pics, Lots more neat stuff for you guys in the near future..
BCESPEED SCTE PRO RACING CHASSIS

Just ordered mine , cant wait till it gets here !
Old 07-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
The chassis is plenty proven at this point. And it has predone droop screw pads. It won Nitro Challange, Tqed and won silver state, and won Cactus. All three different style tracks with three different types of dirt. The proof is in the pudding Could these races be won with the stock chassis? Probably so, but the weight and performance difference surely added to the success.

I would say it is the biggest add on change to the vehicle that I have felt since the first time I built and drove one. (Which was a long time ago with a lot of testing / trying everything)

That's not to say the BSE chassis is not a nice peice, but It's not fair to say the TLR one is not proven to be a worthy upgrade.
Casey, when you coming to fear farm? its a blast watching you wheel the pro 4, you whip my butt , but hey i try

In testing they have felt (to me) to be equal to or a touch softer than the current softest and stiffer then the current stiffest available. But these do not rub on the shock body and feel like they are a bit more pregressive on the track.
awesome. I cant wait to get the springs and the chassis. I plan on getting the TLR kit ryan spoke about the other day too. Still gotta install my tit. turnbuckles too
Old 07-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Douglas

I will make it up there as soon as they have the nitro track finished. I would love to the run the 4x class with you guys though. It sounds like the class has taken off pretty good up there.

I'm glad you lihe the truck. I know for me its like running my buggy just a little smaller and slower. I wish I could throw the insane kinda motor that the truck could handle in it. Maybe 3 cell
Old 07-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
awesome. I cant wait to get the springs and the chassis. I plan on getting the TLR kit ryan spoke about the other day too. Still gotta install my tit. turnbuckles too
Where is the post by Ryan with what's in the kit? I hope it's not on the front page already...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey Douglas

I will make it up there as soon as they have the nitro track finished. I would love to the run the 4x class with you guys though. It sounds like the class has taken off pretty good up there.

I'm glad you lihe the truck. I know for me its like running my buggy just a little smaller and slower. I wish I could throw the insane kinda motor that the truck could handle in it. Maybe 3 cell
Awesome good to know : ) . The small track is awesome for 1/10th scale. Tell you what, its hard going from 1/8th buggy straight to pro 4. i did that back to back mains last weekend and it was tought getting used to the 1/8th buggy

Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
Where is the post by Ryan with what's in the kit? I hope it's not on the front page already...
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
It is like the one for the SCT...it gives you the carbon towers, one piece shock mounts, al shock caps with bleeder holes, al shock collars, al rear hubs, front and rear aluminum adjustable pivots all for around $130. I would have liked to have put more in it, but the price got out of the range we were shooting for.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

I think he was referring to this one

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
It is like the one for the SCT...it gives you the carbon towers, one piece shock mounts, al shock caps with bleeder holes, al shock collars, al rear hubs, front and rear aluminum adjustable pivots all for around $130. I would have liked to have put more in it, but the price got out of the range we were shooting for.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

haha you TQed that one Douglas
Old 07-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The chassis is plenty proven at this point. And it has predone droop screw pads. It won Nitro Challange, Tqed and won silver state, and won Cactus. All three different style tracks with three different types of dirt. The proof is in the pudding Could these races be won with the stock chassis? Probably so, but the weight and performance difference surely added to the success.

I would say it is the biggest add on change to the vehicle that I have felt since the first time I built and drove one. (Which was a long time ago with a lot of testing / trying everything)

That's not to say the BSE chassis is not a nice peice, but It's not fair to say the TLR one is not proven to be a worthy upgrade.

Thanks for your input, but we've heard from factory guys before about how things "held up great" "worked fine" had no "issues" ect, and then the regular populace found otherwise in short order IMHO, a product isn't "proven" until normal Joes have had it in their hands for awhile and tested the product and found it to be a benefit. Guys on the factory payroll tend to "exaggerate" from time to time to generate sales, lol
Old 07-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

when and where can I get these?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Thanks for your input, but we've heard from factory guys before about how things "held up great" "worked fine" had no "issues" ect, and then the regular populace found otherwise in short order IMHO, a product isn't "proven" until normal Joes have had it in their hands for awhile and tested the product and found it to be a benefit. Guys on the factory payroll tend to "exaggerate" from time to time to generate sales, lol
Well I have to say I haven't its been a while since I had my integrity insulted on rctech. Now I remember why I decided to not waste my time on these threads a while ago. Good thing I don't actually get a paycheck from Losi other wise I might have taken that personally, oops too late.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well I have to say I haven't its been a while since I had my integrity insulted on rctech. Now I remember why I decided to not waste my time on these threads a while ago. Good thing I don't actually get a paycheck from Losi other wise I might have taken that personally, oops too late.
Don't be so thin skinned It's just the way it has been with this truck so expect any factory guy's word to be taken with a grain of salt. Not personal, just trending that direction. If you are upset about it, blame the ones that have started the trend, not those of us that have been "exaggerated" to

Last edited by Ridley; 07-27-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slimsh8t View Post
Do you have the part # by any chance.?
Yes Sir,HPI racing part #103362,also may have been posted before but found some shims that go under the bearing in the diffs. Kyosho part #96646 12x15 mm shim set!Hope that helps!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Don't be so thin skinned It's just the way it has been with this truck so expect any factory guy's word to be taken with a grain of salt. Not personal, just trending that direction. If you are upset about it, blame the ones that have started the trend, not those of us that got the short end of the stick
I don't expect anything I say to be taken with a grain of salt. If that were so I wouldn't reach out to help people. It's too bad you think that way.

Either way this not constructive so I will let it go at this point.

Sorry for hyjacking your guys' thread, I will now retire to my life full of lies and screwing paying consumers. <-----------(that's humor)
Old 07-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

I don't expect anything I say to be taken with a grain of salt. If that were so I wouldn't reach out to help people. It's too bad you think that way.

Sorry for hyjacking your guys' thread, I will now retire to my life full of lies and screwing paying consumers. <-----------(that's humor)
Riddles is helpful and all but gets a tad bit finger happy from time to time...Just use the ignore list option with him and the others that behave in a condescending manner so as to inform and help the many that would appreciate your input?

Last edited by MarqueeRc; 07-28-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Casey, first of all, let me say, it's nice to see another factory guy posting in here along with Casper and Ryan. I figure the more help from factory guys the better. I'm sure you can be very helpful to us especially along the lines of setups. Ridley is actually a very helpful person and does a lot of excellent testing and usually backs it up with detailed reviews and accounts. Don't let his sometimes brash musings get to you. I think what he was trying to say, albeit not very eloquently, is that until these parts are in the hands of normal club racers, we wont know exactly how well they'll work. Ryan's been very forthcoming and let us know that there may be a few very minor changes to the milled chassis that the team drivers have been running, which is why Ridley has some reservations, because they havent' been in the hands of your normal Club Racer yet. Just because it's made the factory guys faster, doesn't mean it'll make everyone else faster. As an analogy, Take a normal guy off the road and put him in a BMW M3 on a track. Next put him in a Porsche GT2RS. Most people would probably be faster in the M3 because it's so easy to drive for the layman. The GT2 RS has WAYYYYYY more potential to go blisteringly fast around the track in the right hands. But most peolple don't have the skills to be faster in it than in the M3. I think that's kind of what he's saying. That being said, I'm looking forward to the TLR chassis hitting the market as it gives us another option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.