Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok so I blew my center diff last weekend, no biggie, the diffs have issues, but I love this truck and I can live with it until Losi comes out with a HD diff upgrade. I service the diffs on a regular basis and I had three weekends on the diff when it blew. But I was prepared, I had bought three of the new Losi diff rebuild kits. I open the first bag and start building the diff and I notice something weird, no slot in the cross pin? Could the second rebuild kit be messed up as well? I opened the second bag and sure enough it has three cross pins!! Which worked out great because I could use the extra one to replace the slotless pin from the first kit. Just too funny and I had to share.

two of the blown gears from my center diff with a new one in the middle for comparison.

Cross pin from a brand new diff rebuild kit, no slot in the pin.

View from the other side.

Second rebuild kit had three cross pins, luckily they all had slots.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default graphite chasis?

so when is the snr graphite chasis coming out? and how much is it
Old 07-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

very soon from what i heard.. maybe even this weekend..

Originally Posted by vintage boy
so when is the snr graphite chasis coming out? and how much is it
Old 07-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Yes, but I got the idea from Shark on RCSC.
do tell
Old 07-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Just checked in a new shipment that will fill all the BO's and give us stock in the warehouse. We also just passed the spring sets as well so a couple new things for you all if you want them.
yay.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Can I hab my thread back pweeze!!

I told you guys you can get a 2 pole to run just as fast without heat issues as a 4 pole. And it’s smoother since it’s 2 pole. Be nice kids I might post a picture!
Salad - Cool video, but I must say after running in the Alabama Manufactures Shootout last month and qualifying third overall in SCT 4x4; the prototype Tekin 4 pole sensored 540 motor that Ryan Lutz was running is a game changer. He was easily clearing jumps that every other truck could not clear consistently and the motor ran very cool. I would be interested in seeing how your set-up would perform in race conditions.

Do you run for Viper? just wondering, since you have the picture of your SCTE censored.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stompy
Ryan,
How long till they hit the stores? I have a friend who is looking for one and was told not for another month??
I already QC'd them so they should ship to those that ordered them or accept their BO's starting tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

when I look at the front dif bulkhead from an older TenT and the SCTE they are different where the front bumper mounts under the bulkhead. The TenT bulk doesnt have enough clearance to mount it with the SCTE bumper. I stripped the holes in my scte and wanted to use the TenT bulkhead to replace it. In the manuals they are the same part number but they are not the same. How do I know what I will get if I order a new one?
Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
when I look at the front dif bulkhead from an older TenT and the SCTE they are different where the front bumper mounts under the bulkhead. The TenT bulk doesnt have enough clearance to mount it with the SCTE bumper. I stripped the holes in my scte and wanted to use the TenT bulkhead to replace it. In the manuals they are the same part number but they are not the same. How do I know what I will get if I order a new one?
i found that out when i converted my ten-t to an SCTE. hacker said the diff cases were a running change. i would assume they did this long enough ago that there probably aren't any of the old ten-t ones out there.

i ended up taking off some of the case with a dremel and it worked fine.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/9288923-post12427.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/9289531-post12453.html
Old 07-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i found that out when i converted my ten-t to an SCTE. hacker said the diff cases were a running change. i would assume they did this long enough ago that there probably aren't any of the old ten-t ones out there.

i ended up taking off some of the case with a dremel and it worked fine.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/9289531-post12453.html
OK. Thanks for the reply. The dremel was my plan. Was really just checking to make sure I wasnt crazy.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Same use a dremel tool.. take off the material... takes less than a minute to make the part work and be the same as the updated scte version.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug D
Salad - Cool video, but I must say after running in the Alabama Manufactures Shootout last month and qualifying third overall in SCT 4x4; the prototype Tekin 4 pole sensored 540 motor that Ryan Lutz was running is a game changer. He was easily clearing jumps that every other truck could not clear consistently and the motor ran very cool. I would be interested in seeing how your set-up would perform in race conditions.

Do you run for Viper? just wondering, since you have the picture of your SCTE censored.
Spec wise the motor is close to the same as the Castle and the Tekin 4pole, assuming the ROAR regulation changes for 4wd SC are true. The 550's are ROAR legal with 12.3-12.8mm rotors and larger 13mm high torque rotors. It's a huge jump in rotor sizes which is why the power increase seems so high (because it is).

Castle - 17.5mm rotor/3800kv
Tekin 18.5mm rotor/kv?
Viper 18.2mm rotor/4200kv

The demand was never high enough to develop a motor with these type of specs. Viper used the SCTe as the benchmark for testing since it's the heaviest. I also tested a 4 pole 3900kv Viper but it was not as smooth as the 2 pole, power was the same as the 1410 but geared lower.

I do some testing on the 4wd SC side for Viper. I am not paid and don't get anything for free. Everything I test goes back with a report card. But I test other products not just Viper's stuff. I'm just fortunate to live close to them, have a bunch of SC's and have met a few of the guys at the track.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyTypeS
Hey guys. My name is Tony from Hobbypartz I have been using a Tacon 3660 4000kv motor in my SCTE for a few weeks now and loving it. I currently have the motor geared with a 14t pinion and the temps after a run is coming in around 170 with just a heat sink on the motor. It seems to have gobs of power and it seems to be keeping up with my friends Tekin 4.5 setup. Power seems to be similar between the two, but I'm looking for a more experienced driver to help me test the Tacon motor. So pretty much I'm looking for someone who wants to try out the Tacon motor the only requirements for you guys is to have at least tried/owned a 550 motor or the castle 1410. And for you guys to keep us updated with the testing so send me a pm guy...I'm really looking forward to see want you guys think about it!
Hey guys , I have been testing this motor and actually amazed how good it is , especially for a $32 motor ! It is a tad faster than my Tekin 4.5 [geared the same and ESC settings the same] , has plenty of bottom end and is a very smooth motor . Both the motor and ESC ran 30 degrees cooler compared to running a Tekin 4.5 . I have two SCTEs so I compared them back to back and very happy with it . Both my trucks weigh the same and have not chopped any weight off them . Also ran with identical lipos . I`ll continue running it for the next few months or so and if it holds up I know what my new motors will be
Old 07-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default more losi for sell ?

does anyone know when more scte will be availible to buy , all the stores around me have none and no body knows when they will get them , i also heard this next batch will be different with the stronger pins and better bumpers and stuff , any info greatly appreciated
Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

(Nevermind - old data - this thread moves fast)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.