Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Great Lipo's... this is what Dumper runs, our local pro, in his SCTE. Those packs have more than enough power to get well past 10minutes even w/ some warm ups. Great price to boot.. I'm running a orion 6500 myself, but if I get another pack it will be one of those CRC packs.
Am I the only one that drank the Losi Kool Aid? I don't think anyone in here uses the Xcelorin 6000mah 60C packs. I'm gonna need to buy a couple of more packs soon and I'll have to consider some of the ones that were mentioned in the past few pages.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

You speak the truth about some of these guys and you summed up this thread pretty well too. I will say that I learned allot from this thread too b4 I got my scte too, it has helped allot.
Now go enjoy that new truck your gonna love it and stay safe out there.

Originally Posted by Starlite033
Well I just finished reading all 15506 posts on this thread and I am now ready to start gettng my truck ready to go. Well maybe I didn't read every post, I skimmed over a lot of ones that started with "I'm too lazy to read XXXX" posts, "What setting are you using on ___ ESC?" posts or "Will these Diff fluids/Shock oils work for me?". The same questions have been asked and answered so many times I don't know how some of you keep up.

One thing I have notice is that it has confirmed who knows what they are talking about and who just likes to be a negative Nancy. I also can tell that even if he changes his name to "Losi_Sucks", Stone_Racing just loves the sounds of his own whine. Get a grip troop (or should I say ex-troop), I may not be a marine but I am a serving soldier in my own country who just got back from a desert where lots of real shit happened. People like you just give the rest of us a bad name.

As for some of the other negative comments, my opinion is that this was released as a Losi kit for a reason. For the price point we should all realize this is not manufactured to be a racer, it's just a fun truck. Race it if you want but cosidering the costs of it's competition I'm not suprised we have to spend more money to get it up to snuff. Don't talk about the p**s either, they are just one of the costs of early adoption. If this were a $500 TLR kit we could have higher expectations and rightly so but it just isn't the case.

I bought my truck off of Steve at STRC from his Garage sale and saved a few pennies, but it's brand new never run. Should haul with the SC8 and 1410 I have ready for it. Either way I'm gonna finish oredring my parts and set it all up. Should be a blast to drive.

I'm sure I'll get flamed now, do your worst cause if you're not shooting at me or planting bombs in my roads it ain't gonna bother me in the slightest

Star

P.S. Hacker07 is the KING, never seen CS like this in my life. I believe he really cares about his work and his customers and it shows!! I will continue to buy more Losi Stuff in the future. Prolly gonna get a 8ight-T roller for an SCT conversion now instead of an SC8e.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

To the guy who recommended the hobbywing 120A ESC a page or two back, I heartily concur. Mine has been rock solid and I get 10 minutes with my 1410 3800kv castle motor with my 6000 Xcelorin 2S lipo with at least a thousand mAh to spare. In fact, the most I have ever put back in after a main has been around 4500 mAh.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
lol he try to tell me that he was assigned to a MOS and gives me the wrong one lol I dont think this guy ever served i think he is just a kid trying to impress someone well lets get back to the thread
What impresses me is how well this truck runs in videos and the kinds of wins it is taking in regular drivers' hands.

I can't wait to try mine out. Hopefully I can get to a track this summer once it is set up so I can see first hand.

Is that back on track?

Star
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I raced mine stock for awhile b4 changing much on it and the truck drove great for me. Then I decided to start tweaking it for a outdoor event and it was still great.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

No, it's not.

Originally Posted by Mototech
Is the BCE chassis already drilled and tapped for droop pads?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mototech
Is the BCE chassis already drilled and tapped for droop pads?
Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
No, it's not.
Mine was... well at least it was 10 minutes after I opened the usps bubble envelope LOL
Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Diff Removal

I've searched until my eyes are buggin, but can't find the post where someone described the steps to remove the front & rear diffs. If I start just tearing down the entire front/rear until that diff comes out, I will have removed things I didn't need to. The center one is a piece of cake, but serious steps are necessary to get the front/rear ones out.
Can anyone tell me the post # or page # where someone so graciously explained what needs to be dissassembled to get the diffs out?
I've Searched for "diff repair, diff removal, remove differential" etc, but no luck.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
To the guy who recommended the hobbywing 120A ESC a page or two back, I heartily concur. Mine has been rock solid and I get 10 minutes with my 1410 3800kv castle motor with my 6000 Xcelorin 2S lipo with at least a thousand mAh to spare. In fact, the most I have ever put back in after a main has been around 4500 mAh.
That was me..Ya dude they work awsome bearly get hot and have every programable setting in the book. Also runs sensored and sensorless. Cant beat it for $87 bucks.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmacgasman
I've searched until my eyes are buggin, but can't find the post where someone described the steps to remove the front & rear diffs. If I start just tearing down the entire front/rear until that diff comes out, I will have removed things I didn't need to. The center one is a piece of cake, but serious steps are necessary to get the front/rear ones out.
Can anyone tell me the post # or page # where someone so graciously explained what needs to be dissassembled to get the diffs out?
It's pretty simple, rear diff is held on the bottom of the chassis with 4 screws and the chassis brace. The front is pretty much the same. Just start tearing them down and you'll get familiar with it after one time.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I've Searched for "diff repair, diff removal, remove differential" etc, but no luck.
Front diff..
  • remove front bumper 4 screws, loosen the back two chassis screws about 1/2 way out
  • remove the front two top plate screws and the bracket btw the diff and the top plate (don't touch the other three screws)
  • remove the top two diff housing screws
  • remove the bottom two diff housing screws
  • remove or loosen the sway bar screws
  • pop off the front diff cover do work and re-install

Rear diff..
  • remove the back bumper 4 screws
  • loosen the front two rear chassis screws (1/2 way)
  • remove the top two diff case screws
  • remove or loosen the sway bar screws
  • pop off the rear diff cover do work and re-install
Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thx Asharus. I'll give it a whirl.
Then just saw 8-ight e's reply........PERFECT.
Thx guys.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI SUCKS
Thats because Ridley is a complete Ass. Look at all his other post, mostly rude replies. Probably just a little 20 something dork.
wow dude obviously they haven't dropped yet if you keep playing this scumbag games huh?

great job marcos for getting rid of parasites from this thread/site
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
wow dude obviously they haven't dropped yet if you keep playing this scumbag games huh?

great job marcos for getting rid of parasites from this thread/site
no problem specially when he is giving us Marines a bad name
Old 07-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thx Asharus. I'll give it a whirl.
Then just saw 8-ight e's reply........PERFECT.
Thx guys.
8ight's instructions are great but if this is your first time I would recommend just taking the front and rear "clips" off the chassis. Don't just loosen the back screws but remove them and you get to hold the entire front or rear end of the car. Take your time and tear into it and take the car apart. It is not a bad idea to see how it all goes together so you can see how to fix things in the future and identify all the parts.

Good luck and have some fun!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.