Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
Hi everyone,
I finally got my SCTE. From the lack of a sticker on the battery tray I assume that it is still one of the first batch, maybe it's not selling fast enough in Europe. The truck feels really solid and impressive after my Blitz, however I have just hand rolled it a few meters, but after taking it apart I see significant wear on the pins and shims (so it really must be a first gen one). The LHS owners are great guys and racers, they have already provided a set of upgraded pins, so it will be solved soon.
While taking apart the car for servicing the diffs cvd I found that the front gearbox has a lot of grease in it, while the rear was clean, with just the usual amount of grease on the gears. I think it is excess and can be cleaned off, but want to be sure. If I need to fill the gearbox, what kind of grease is it? It's not mentioned in the manual.
Kudos to you for knowing how to tell which gen it is. By gearbox, do you mean the pinion or inside the diff? I use the Losi Smart Diff Grease in my diffs, and use a little of it to lube up the pinions front and rear.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bico1
Asharus - my bad for forgetting to include that. It slipped my mind. The top screw is the same length/size, just with a button head. I edited my post above with all the appropriate info
Thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The top and bottom screws for the front brace have to be shortened by about 1/8". I don't remember if the rear was the same size or not.

Any way about it, it's nothing a Dremel tool and cut off wheel or sanding drum can't handle.

Originally Posted by Asharus
Excellent, thanks. I happen to have some spares of those. What about the top button head one? I'm pretty sure that one needs to be shorter too.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I cleaned them out completely and then put a light coat of wheel bearing grease on the ring gear. Just about any grease will do the job.

Originally Posted by dtr
While taking apart the car for servicing the diffs cvd I found that the front gearbox has a lot of grease in it, while the rear was clean, with just the usual amount of grease on the gears. I think it is excess and can be cleaned off, but want to be sure. If I need to fill the gearbox, what kind of grease is it? It's not mentioned in the manual.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Also, the gear pitch on these is Mod 1, not 32p.
Good to know. Just looking at the gears I figured they were 32P.

Oh wait, now I'm confused. I think you mean that the speedo is getting hot. Are you temping the motor too? Lowering the pinion should help with speedo temps too.
Well the speedo is reporting out a heat level with a red LED. I thought it represented motor + SC heat level but I guess it could just be SC heat level. Either way, both are hot.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:18 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Kudos to you for knowing how to tell which gen it is. By gearbox, do you mean the pinion or inside the diff? I use the Losi Smart Diff Grease in my diffs, and use a little of it to lube up the pinions front and rear.
Thanks Asharus, I have read most of this enormous thread to be ready for the truck I mean LOSB3104, the plastic housing that holds the diff.

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I cleaned them out completely and then put a light coat of wheel bearing grease on the ring gear. Just about any grease will do the job.
Thanks Chris, I'll try my remaining hpi silicone diff lube then. I guess it's better for this purpose then the Losi black grease that I used for sealing the shocks and diffs.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Good to know. Just looking at the gears I figured they were 32P.

Well the speedo is reporting out a heat level with a red LED. I thought it represented motor + SC heat level but I guess it could just be SC heat level. Either way, both are hot.
The dummy lights on the Havoc Pro SC only tell you the temp ranges of the esc itself, not the motor. Do yourself a favor and buy a temp gun. It's an excellent tool to have in your box. I use mine after every run no matter what.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
The dummy lights on the Havoc Pro SC only tell you the temp ranges of the esc itself, not the motor. Do yourself a favor and buy a temp gun. It's an excellent tool to have in your box. I use mine after every run no matter what.
+1
Old 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
This is awesome. I just found out that our race was videotaped last saturday night. It was live on ustream as well. Anyway the website is www.flowoodrc.com and the youtube link directly to the video is gonna follow. I am the white truck that starts second. I passed the first place truck on the first set of jumps and held the lead the rest of the race. It did stay close the whole race though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKkgH...layer_embedded
Looked very good Alvin :}
Old 07-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I missed out buying a new one by $5 on ebay. Fookin pissed.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
They are... that's why Traxxas dominated the monster truck class with the Revo.
it's a toe link, not a shock shaft...
Old 07-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have 80 packs through mine and the only thing that needs to be replaced is the body. My LHS didn't have a Losi body so I tried out the SC10 body.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
I have 80 packs through mine and the only thing that needs to be replaced is the body. My LHS didn't have a Losi body so I tried out the SC10 body.

That body look's really good. I run a SC10 body on mine as well but only when I am bashing around the yard as it seems to hold up pretty well.

At any rate I like that!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Nice look!!! I like what you did with the bed..What did you use for the shiny ribets look in the back??
Old 07-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so i have a mmp and a 1410 3800 for my scte

ive been curious about 8th scale motors...

what would be the best motor to pair with a mmp and what number of cell batteries to run?

i dont race just run at all the local tracks a few times a week for fun

what are the advantages and disadvantages of using an 8th scale motor?

cooler temps? not many gearing options maybe? i really have no idea

ive only ran 2s setups and 10th scale 2wd so 8th scale and 4wd are new to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.