Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
You SoCal boys are spoiled!! But having lived in SD and NorCal and been to LA many, many times... No matter how good the tracks are, I would not want to live there again. And the only reason is... It takes HOURS to get anywhere, the worst traffic ever.
That's so true and it sucks! I live 32 miles away from OCRC, on a weekend, it takes me 30-35 minutes, if I try to race on a Wednesday, it takes TWO HOURS!!!!

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
That thing looks like it's never been run!

Every time I see the Viper motors, at first glance it looks like a big Duracell.

I may be getting a BCE chassis in the future, the stocker I have is a little tweaked I think. What rear brace is that?
Hahha it does look like a big Duracell. His rear brace is a tie rod from an E-Revo.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
I have the same problem. Drove my truck for 6 minutes, and had failure. So after i left a callback number to Horizon, 3 hours later, i got a return call only to be told they have not heard of anything wrong with the CV pins and to send the CV back to them so they can see if it was warranted. It's cheaper for me to buy a new set, and not have to wait 2 week's. I love my Losi, but i guess unless more people call in with problems, its, just get new one's and move on. I wonder why i couldn't of just sent a email pic or something to there customer support?

ehhhh!!! welcome to my club buddy. only difference is i shattered mine and i went through 4, that's right 4 of them in a month. I called horrizon and the guy told me the same over the phone and i replied. Well obviously you havent' as you just sit there with ac full blast while im out driving mine i didnt get any axles but i did get a set of diff shims

make sure when that pin fell out that it didnt ruin any of the diff cases. Mine rubbed for too long before i noticed it that it ate its way through the diff case and the rear diff inserts that sit in the case and it was getting realllyyyy close to the shock tower
Old 07-25-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Our race got rained out Saturday so I took the 3hour drive to the first public owned indoor offroad track in the U.S. Flowood RC park in Flowood MS. This is the track that Adam and Ronda Drake race at last weekend. It was well worth the 3 hr drive. Their top driver had an associated and I gotta say I was impressed in how it looked goin around the track. This guy was my biggest competition since I bought my Losi. In the end however my Losi came out on top. I won by, i believe 6 seconds. It was losi, ae, losi in the top 3 and we were all on the same lap. It was a blast. I also won the 2wd mod class with my losi xxxscb and traxxas vxl electronics.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I race on a high speed, large good traction 1/8 to 1/5th scale track - good bite and fast as heck!

With that said, I feel that I need a set up that better supports the rear of the truck without upsetting the balance and jumping (rear tends to collapse in high speed sweeper).

So, my thought would be gold springs front and rear - anyone have ideas on pistons/oil???? Several of the newer set ups use the golds in the front but I'm not seeing much use in the rear.

Help!!! or better said - ADVICE!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey Salad, what servo horn is that? Nice setup btw...
Old 07-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

You SoCal boys are spoiled!! But having lived in SD and NorCal and been to LA many, many times... No matter how good the tracks are, I would not want to live there again. And the only reason is... It takes HOURS to get anywhere, the worst traffic ever.
Traffic is BAD in Socal....i used to live there myself. But, as long as you know what times it's really bad/worst.....and which surface/local roads to navigate (which isn't that hard since everything is North/South, East/West), it is quit easy. I'll put it this way.....I'll take SoCal and its traffic but with nicer weather, great tracks, etc vs NYC with ho hum tracks, crapy extreme weather, and its traffic (which is worse since there are no other alternative routes to take when you're trying to cross the Tunnels/Bridges in and out of Manhattan).

Everybody takes a shot at SoCal (LA and SD) but you know what...even with the Traffic and Earthquakes....it is STILL paradise and is a small price to pay for eveything else you get
Old 07-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To all you guys who have problems with parts... if you don't send in the part to Horizon for them to see the problem, they'll never believe there is one. It might be easier to just buy new ones, but you're gonna keep getting shitty ones because horizon has not seen the problem.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

That's nice Salad. x2 on the rear brace? And what's up with the rear body mounts?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Horizon is tops. that said. when I purchased my truck after reading 800 pages of hop ups. replacements and fixes,... I took it apart and found a few things wrong. I called horizon and they said that never happened (really) so I took pictures sent them and they said (REALLY) Bummer. so after running and racing the heck out of it (I LOVE THIS THING) it broke. I took pictures, they said this is something new.. OK..
I called 4 different hobby shops and purchased what I needed to get out and race. all of a sudden with out notice, I get a package, Large box
from Horizon.. three new diffs, all the gears, 3 packages of drive shafts, screws, and a few other parts. (WHAT A GREAT COUNTRY) say what you like about this or that. but I think for the money it could of been a little better in the plastics. that said, this is not a complaint, its me bragging that I live in a country where the people that race these things, help, share there set ups and in all, still have a good time racing ,bashing and just having a great time. Thanks for all the help guys.. to many to list. I wish I could afford one of those aluminum chassis That looks like the ticket rather then a knee bend after each race.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evilllempire
Traffic is BAD in Socal....i used to live there myself. But, as long as you know what times it's really bad/worst.....and which surface/local roads to navigate (which isn't that hard since everything is North/South, East/West), it is quit easy. I'll put it this way.....I'll take SoCal and its traffic but with nicer weather, great tracks, etc vs NYC with ho hum tracks, crapy extreme weather, and its traffic (which is worse since there are no other alternative routes to take when you're trying to cross the Tunnels/Bridges in and out of Manhattan).

Everybody takes a shot at SoCal (LA and SD) but you know what...even with the Traffic and Earthquakes....it is STILL paradise and is a small price to pay for eveything else you get

Where I am living its 60 miles to the only track and 180 miles to the next..(TRAFFIC) I wish I had it that bad..
Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
That thing looks like it's never been run!

Every time I see the Viper motors, at first glance it looks like a big Duracell.

I may be getting a BCE chassis in the future, the stocker I have is a little tweaked I think. What rear brace is that?
It's the upgraded pushrod for the Revo Shocks. It would match that Tekin nicely.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Do you frequent Barn Stormers (chester,ny), Station #2 raceway (Middletown,ny) or any of the three tracks in CT? All fairly cose to you.. Several tracks in PA a little further out.. and one of the best tracks in the northeast at CRC raceway in Rome, NY. CRC gets a crowd on many sunday events from Canada, Buffalo, even fellow NY'ers.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default location

You know, I love to visit my brother in Los Angelos, we always have plenty to see and do. Everything we do is generaly within driving distance. That being said, I still like living in West Virginia with little pollution and things very easy to get to.

Jay
Old 07-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
It's the upgraded pushrod for the Revo Shocks. It would match that Tekin nicely.
those must be some huge shocks...
Old 07-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.