whats the motor system everybody uses in this truck
Old 07-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

about time you get one salad. what took you so long
Old 07-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Here's a pic of my scte from my Hotel room from the Nat's warmup race going on right now in Union City, California. I'm qualified second right now. I put on the BCE chassis and it is so on rails now. I made some shock fluid and spring changes at the same time as the chassis but think it is mostly the chassis.

And yes, those are street fighters, to bad they aren't ROAR legal or I'd run them at the Nats.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lon_L View Post
Just wanted top add to my previous post without it showing it was edited.

The SCTE is a VERY good driver and My only faults lie in materials. It should have been priced more around the 200.00 price range. That I think would be a value.

Or charge the higher price and give us a complete car with built with better parts.
the problem doesn't lie in penny pinchers buying the materials, it lies in the fact that companies get what they ask for when they are mocking parts up for testing and not when it turns into mass production. When it comes down to mass production and orders for large quantities of materials, those same suppliers aren't always giving the customers what they ask for. Some times it's the suppliers fault, sometimes it isn't. I've had a little experience in the situation. you'd be surprised how well chinese factories operate. IDK what you're referring to as far as the scte as i don't have one, but that statement is a little ridiculous and uninformed. I could go on about new materials and WHY they may use something vs another but i won't.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
Here's a pic of my scte from my Hotel room from the Nat's warmup race going on right now in Union City, California. I'm qualified second right now. I put on the BCE chassis and it is so on rails now. I made some shock fluid and spring changes at the same time as the chassis but think it is mostly the chassis.

And yes, those are street fighters, to bad they aren't ROAR legal or I'd run them at the Nats.
what does the bce chassis do for the truck? stiffen it or ...
Old 07-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
about time you get one salad. what took you so long
I finally collected enough aluminum cans and sent them to Bill at BCE, I told my wife drinking all those deuce deuces was going to pay off.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

strongly considering selling my ballistic 4.5 and 1410 to get the BCE chassis. i've been waiting for the neo crisis to really hit home in the motor market. haha.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I finally collected enough aluminum cans and sent them to Bill at BCE, I told my wife drinking all those deuce deuces was going to pay off.
loool
Old 07-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
whats the motor system everybody uses in this truck
Tekin RX8 With castle 1410 3800 kv 4-pole!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Any word when more will be hitting the shop's and coming off back order, or anyone see one on a shelf somewhere??
Thanks

Last edited by gas-man; 07-24-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Lon_L View Post
Just my 2 cents on that, I have been in this hobby since the very first AE Gold tub RC10s. So I have seen and built many different kits since then. Very seldom were you even short a screw or washer,then 90's came.

Th 90s brought more competition for profit amongst the industry, likely because so many new brands becoming available due to easing of import restrictions. Still though, tolerances tight, materials were good. Price was competitive and Americans were in control of our companies.

Some time passes, we as greedy Americans wanted more profit, after all it is the American way. So laywers and bean counters (typically even more greedy) offered solutions to this equation, some of which resulted in large investmentments in our companies. For a while things didnt chage a whole lot. But, the foreign investments grew, gaining ownerships in many companies. Our dollar fell, Toyota was no longer a dirty word and Korean cars were becoming accepted as just as good as a lot of other cars. America was sold, maybe not literally, but the result is the same. Our economy is nolonger controlled by America.

The bulk of manufacturing is in other countries; and in factorys that OSHA or health depts etc would close down. To keep production costs even lower , resouces that are local are becoming used for production even though the are inferior.

End result: Product is concieved and designed by someone with a good education and practical knowledge in the field, some Handbuilt prototypes, clay models,computers etc confirm the designs validity. Resouces are selected by price because of the beancounters, instead of quality or design specs. Pieces of the product are manufacted by before mentioned factory types. then they are gathered in an assembly plant where the people are making a laughable wage and working in conditons that may even be unsafe, begin assembly and packaging etc..

Brings us to a great many products today. I feel this is the case with the Losi SCTE.

Im sorry, I didnt mean to make this post so long; but I am a person who believes in what America used to be when you got what you deserved for your money. So, i take this to heart.
I completely agree with your post, it's funny how society has gone from receiving a quality product for a fair price to reciving a subpar product for a more expensive price, but the best part is people actually come out and defend the companies that do this. It's somewhat similar to the current job market, you should just be greatfull that you have a job even though you may be making minimum wage why corporate exec's are taking millions in bonuses you should just be thankfull
Old 07-24-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
All I can say to this is that you assume and presume to know what you are talking about when I have been to the factories and am on the prod design side. I know what they are paid and what it costs to make our products. No one is unsafe or kept in a corner or anything silly like that. Before you say information as if its fact, you should have your facts. And the parts and materials that we use are some of th ebest out there for the intended purpose.
So if these are the best parts and materials out there then why are so many having problems??? Every car has a flaw or two, but I can name a handfull of manufacturers who release designs where the shocktowers do not easily bend, diffs do not crap out, driveline doesn't wear out quickly, tolerances are in check etc. I'm sure the truck is one of the fastest but please don't come on here and say these are the best materials for the intended purpose as anyone who as the end product can see they are clearly not. I'm not trying to cause trouble and drag this issue out but I don't see how you can make that statement to your consumers.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Best materials for intended purpose?? LOLOL
Old 07-24-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Got my A$$ handed to me by Ryan Lutz yesterday, lol, but came in second at the Ohio Rc Pro Series race. BCE chassis handled great, Tenshock motor ran very well once again.

But I have to say that new Tekin 4-pole motor is absolutely redunkulous!!! After talking with Ryan at dinner, and him saying he has the motor turned down 25%.......I think that motor will be insane in any truck. He could easily clear a quad section and big double that nobody else could clear. Awesome driving and awesome motor for the Lutzinator!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Got my A$$ handed to me by Ryan Lutz yesterday, lol, but came in second at the Ohio Rc Pro Series race. BCE chassis handled great, Tenshock motor ran very well once again.

But I have to say that new Tekin 4-pole motor is absolutely redunkulous!!! After talking with Ryan at dinner, and him saying he has the motor turned down 25%.......I think that motor will be insane in any truck. He could easily clear a quad section and big double that nobody else could clear. Awesome driving and awesome motor for the Lutzinator!!!!
You guys had main's on a saturday for a pro-series event? I was just looking at the schedule and didn't see one in ohio for this weekend.. looks like Iowa? I guess there must be two groups calling themselves "rc pro series" races... odd, so what track did you guys run at?

Edit: found it.. they do have multiple series running.. never knew that

Wow I may have to consider some of the big races in this area.. only 5hrs away.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 07-24-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.