Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
Hi all. I just bought a couple of SCTEs. The first one, which I've run a couple of times, has a Tekin SCX4 5.5. It runs way hotter than I like. After 5 or 6 minutes its @ 165 during the day when its 95 out. I tried both 13 and 14 pinions with no luck. 1) am I alone with the Tekin 550 getting hot 2) would a Tekin T8 fit? A guy at the track runs a Jammin with a 2050 on 2S and its smooth and runs ice cold. I know the weight is an issue but I would feel better if the truck ran cooler.
Not sure why you guys are having problems with overheating??

I use the speed passion v10 550 4.5 with a 14t pinion, and 14 degreese of timing on the esc, I use a speed passion gt2.0 awsome little esc, after a 6 min race the motor is at aobut 145, and the esc is about 85. Works perfect Outdoor track with about 85 temp out*
Old 07-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
....I forget to add, I'm using a Tekin RS Pro with my SCX 5.5. Can I get away with that? I have 2 RX8s on the way to tekin so thats all I have laying around.
I know the tekin company representatives have stated it's not advised to run that esc in these trucks, but it's your stuff so try whatever your comfortable with.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Use two caps on the RS Pro, it will work but WATCH TEMPS. I had mine up to 220 when testing it with the 550's.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex View Post
Im running a Castle 1410 with a 13 tooth pinion and a MMP on a small backyard track. Its about 100F outside and im only getting about 5 minutes of running until the ESC shuts down from the heat. I just cleaned all the diffs and added fresh oil and it rolls smooth as butter. Is it just to hot out for the truck?
Do you have a temp gun? Fan comes on at 150deg on it's own. You have something else going on if it's cutting off like that.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Use two caps on the RS Pro, it will work but WATCH TEMPS. I had mine up to 220 when testing it with the 550's.
That's exactly how I'm running it. It has gotton up to 142 so far. I have a Novak GTB and Ballistic 4.5 550 laying around. I'm going to try that. It worked great in my old hyper10sc. I really wanted to upgrade this time around but I guess its not in the cards.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
You haven't been in RC long have you?
You'll probably never see a RC without slop for $300 get used to it, adjust accordingly lol! I didn't notice any poorly machined parts on mine, maybe yours was made on a Monday morning while the machinist where de-toxing. Maybe one day things will improve but the prices will go thru the roof and then people will complain about that. You should probably sell it. Even with all the slop the truck rails.
Just my 2 cents on that, I have been in this hobby since the very first AE Gold tub RC10s. So I have seen and built many different kits since then. Very seldom were you even short a screw or washer,then 90's came.

Th 90s brought more competition for profit amongst the industry, likely because so many new brands becoming available due to easing of import restrictions. Still though, tolerances tight, materials were good. Price was competitive and Americans were in control of our companies.

Some time passes, we as greedy Americans wanted more profit, after all it is the American way. So laywers and bean counters (typically even more greedy) offered solutions to this equation, some of which resulted in large investmentments in our companies. For a while things didnt chage a whole lot. But, the foreign investments grew, gaining ownerships in many companies. Our dollar fell, Toyota was no longer a dirty word and Korean cars were becoming accepted as just as good as a lot of other cars. America was sold, maybe not literally, but the result is the same. Our economy is nolonger controlled by America.

The bulk of manufacturing is in other countries; and in factorys that OSHA or health depts etc would close down. To keep production costs even lower , resouces that are local are becoming used for production even though the are inferior.

End result: Product is concieved and designed by someone with a good education and practical knowledge in the field, some Handbuilt prototypes, clay models,computers etc confirm the designs validity. Resouces are selected by price because of the beancounters, instead of quality or design specs. Pieces of the product are manufacted by before mentioned factory types. then they are gathered in an assembly plant where the people are making a laughable wage and working in conditons that may even be unsafe, begin assembly and packaging etc..

Brings us to a great many products today. I feel this is the case with the Losi SCTE.

Im sorry, I didnt mean to make this post so long; but I am a person who believes in what America used to be when you got what you deserved for your money. So, i take this to heart.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default just another pennies worth <G>

Just wanted top add to my previous post without it showing it was edited.

The SCTE is a VERY good driver and My only faults lie in materials. It should have been priced more around the 200.00 price range. That I think would be a value.

Or charge the higher price and give us a complete car with built with better parts.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lon_L View Post
Just my 2 cents on that, I have been in this hobby since the very first AE Gold tub RC10s. So I have seen and built many different kits since then. Very seldom were you even short a screw or washer,then 90's came.

Th 90s brought more competition for profit amongst the industry, likely because so many new brands becoming available due to easing of import restrictions. Still though, tolerances tight, materials were good. Price was competitive and Americans were in control of our companies.

Some time passes, we as greedy Americans wanted more profit, after all it is the American way. So laywers and bean counters (typically even more greedy) offered solutions to this equation, some of which resulted in large investmentments in our companies. For a while things didnt chage a whole lot. But, the foreign investments grew, gaining ownerships in many companies. Our dollar fell, Toyota was no longer a dirty word and Korean cars were becoming accepted as just as good as a lot of other cars. America was sold, maybe not literally, but the result is the same. Our economy is nolonger controlled by America.

The bulk of manufacturing is in other countries; and in factorys that OSHA or health depts etc would close down. To keep production costs even lower , resouces that are local are becoming used for production even though the are inferior.

End result: Product is concieved and designed by someone with a good education and practical knowledge in the field, some Handbuilt prototypes, clay models,computers etc confirm the designs validity. Resouces are selected by price because of the beancounters, instead of quality or design specs. Pieces of the product are manufacted by before mentioned factory types. then they are gathered in an assembly plant where the people are making a laughable wage and working in conditons that may even be unsafe, begin assembly and packaging etc..

Brings us to a great many products today. I feel this is the case with the Losi SCTE.

Im sorry, I didnt mean to make this post so long; but I am a person who believes in what America used to be when you got what you deserved for your money. So, i take this to heart.
Just wanted top add to my previous post without it showing it was edited.

The SCTE is a VERY good driver and My only faults lie in materials. It should have been priced more around the 200.00 price range. That I think would be a value.

Or charge the higher price and give us a complete car with built with better parts.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Check out some live streaming true 1/1 scale short course action tonight...The Torc off-road racing series is in Nc tonight..Here is the link..Enjoy: http://www.torcseries.com/
Old 07-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

All I can say to this is that you assume and presume to know what you are talking about when I have been to the factories and am on the prod design side. I know what they are paid and what it costs to make our products. No one is unsafe or kept in a corner or anything silly like that. Before you say information as if its fact, you should have your facts. And the parts and materials that we use are some of th ebest out there for the intended purpose.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

There is no better 4x4 truck at any price point. So, yeah.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...3x5mm-Shim-Set

someone measured the stock shim and it was in between .1 and .2 but closer to .2. i just re-built my rear diff with these using the .2's. i haven't run it yet, but it feels good.
I also used the tamiyas. Rcboyz had em for around $4 on ebay. I used the .1's in the center, and.2 in the front, both felt perfect.

Also recommend picking up Attebery's hardened blocks and behind the sun gear shims kit while you're in there.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Looking forward to doing some testing with the BCE chassis. I've only heard good things! Monday we are doing some testing, going to add the chassis and kill two birds with one stone.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

A friend of mine let me drive his Losi SCTE with a 5.5 motor in it. It was so much easier to drive, took the bumps well and jumped great.

Once I get back on my feet and can afford a Losi I'll definitely pick one up.

my truck is great but I think its more designed for a high grip,smooth surface rather than the rough, loamy, offroad stuff that I run. I'm still fine tuning the setup.

Definitely impressed by the Losi though. (shoulda went with my first instinct LOL)
Old 07-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post
A friend of mine let me drive his Losi SCTE with a 5.5 motor in it. It was so much easier to drive, took the bumps well and jumped great.

Once I get back on my feet and can afford a Losi I'll definitely pick one up.

my truck is great but I think its more designed for a high grip,smooth surface rather than the rough, loamy, offroad stuff that I run. I'm still fine tuning the setup.

Definitely impressed by the Losi though. (shoulda went with my first instinct LOL)
I run both SC10 4wd and the Losi I will say indoor the SC10 has grown on me (once I got sway bars) but outdoor the Losi still is king.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.