Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
We've bent a few testing them out, but they were all the result of some pretty knarly crashes or hard landings coming up short on big jumps. They just don't bend unless there's a crash or crazy hard landing involved. We've found the failure rate to be about the same as the stock pins, just lighter.

However, hingepins should be something you check everytime you have your shocks off. If the arms don't flop around and fall 100% freely, there's an issue. Hingepins should be removed and dry lubed, and the pivot holes on the arms should be cleaned out and dry lubed as well. The pin should fall freely through the arm, or just about fall through the arm under it's own weight when fitted and lubed properly. Slop is always better than bind. A free and loose suspension system is probably the number one key to a great handling truck.
Hey Rid,what type of dry lube do you recommend? Thanx!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Hey Rid,what type of dry lube do you recommend? Thanx!
Really? Nahhh, too easy.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
Really? Nahhh, too easy.
Dry..lube!! lol maybe you shoot Blanks??
Old 07-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

i saw this one coming

on a more serious note, does anyone know if lunsford make the captured balls for this scte? for example, the ones from the steering links, toe links front and back? if so please post part #"s.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
i saw this one coming

on a more serious note, does anyone know if lunsford make the captured balls for this scte? for example, the ones from the steering links, toe links front and back? if so please post part #"s.
Not sure about Lunsford but Dubro makes some, they are bullet proof. I bought a bag of 24 and have swapped out as needed, sorry bro no part number.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
We've bent a few testing them out, but they were all the result of some pretty knarly crashes or hard landings coming up short on big jumps. They just don't bend unless there's a crash or crazy hard landing involved. We've found the failure rate to be about the same as the stock pins, just lighter.

However, hingepins should be something you check everytime you have your shocks off. If the arms don't flop around and fall 100% freely, there's an issue. Hingepins should be removed and dry lubed, and the pivot holes on the arms should be cleaned out and dry lubed as well. The pin should fall freely through the arm, or just about fall through the arm under it's own weight when fitted and lubed properly. Slop is always better than bind. A free and loose suspension system is probably the number one key to a great handling truck.
I do just fine keeping them clean no lube etc.. but I'll admit I have spent a little less time maintaining my scte than my other trucks.. so far it's been a set it and forget it type vehicle to some extent. I don't wreck much (at least prior to the pin issue and the endo's) and tyipcally run 1,2 (even w/ the issue) but I'll give you I've had some hard landings.. as I noted 'two triples' and one is a platform triple and the other is just a large 1/8 scale triple that you bearly make on a tight line. On the comparison vs stock pins.. I've bent two titanium, zero stockers in 6 mos. so my math comes out a little different and will be sticking w/ stock for now. I'm just glad I figured out what was wrong, it was frustrating endo'ing off even easy jumps at times... let alone the big ones, not to mention brutal to my body and bumpers.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 07-22-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bhdien View Post
Hey guys,

I am having an issue with my truck. I overheated it once and let it rest for the rest of the day, the next day i go to run it, the wires on the motor gets so hot that the soldering came off of it and the motor wires came undone.

I am running a Mamba max pro with a tekin sc 5.5 on 5500mah 60c with a 14tpinion on stock spur.

Would any of you know what could be causing this problem? It's been running fine days before but i just have no idea whats going on now. Could the esc or motor gone bad? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Well could be a couple things..one your soldering skills are might not be the best, a poor solder can cause an esc or motor to run over 20 degrees warmer. Also can cause the solder joints to melt off. Next you may have a bad bearing somewhere, this will cause the truck to work a lot harder to get going. Pull the motor out and roll your truck on the ground it should roll nice and smooth. Next it could be you lipo has too low a C rating causing heat to build up.
Those are my queses.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
it says the exact same thing under ride height also so i guess he has it set with no camber?
Ride height is the height of the chassis, off the ground. I just looked at Losi.com and saw the following for each:

Truhe has -1 front and rear camber (tilt inward), and 28mm front height and 31mm rear ride height.

Dunford has -0.5 front camber and -1.5 rear camber, and 30mm front ride height and 28mm rear ride height.

If you're seeing something different, then try to re-download the setups or update Adobe Reader. If this is what you're actually seeing, then you might be misunderstanding what the settings are/mean..
Old 07-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Ride height is the height of the chassis, off the ground. I just looked at Losi.com and saw the following for each:

Truhe has -1 front and rear camber (tilt inward), and 28mm front height and 31mm rear ride height.

Dunford has -0.5 front camber and -1.5 rear camber, and 30mm front ride height and 28mm rear ride height.

If you're seeing something different, then try to re-download the setups or update Adobe Reader. If this is what you're actually seeing, then you might be misunderstanding what the settings are/mean..
I like the same as Truhe, -1 f/r cambers, bout 3' out on front toe, 28mm front 29-30mm rear, I run full droop in the front ~89mm and 101mm rear as well.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Set it to -1.

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
it says the exact same thing under ride height also so i guess he has it set with no camber?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm View Post

No, he is correct. One of the setup sheets are wrong. I don't remember which one but I pointed it out about 800 pages ago and it never did get corrected.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

thank you guys, ill set it to -1 as for the toe, how do you all calculate this if you have no tools for checking it?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
What are the best TBR bumpers for the SCTE? The ten-t or the SCTE ones?
TBR SCTE in the front and TBR 10t in the rear
Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75 View Post
No, he is correct. One of the setup sheets are wrong. I don't remember which one but I pointed it out about 800 pages ago and it never did get corrected.
We have all mostly gone to what I will refer to as the Aaron Lane setup. Sometimes we change out oil and all but the ride height is 27mm before body front and rear. This is not on bumpy tracks though, we raise it up for those.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I just went through my truck and used the Cactus Classic setup. It looked too stiff in the rear to my eyes. Glad I saw this. I'll drop the rear end down a few mm.

BTW: What is the pitch of the thread on the shocks?

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
We have all mostly gone to what I will refer to as the Aaron Lane setup. Sometimes we change out oil and all but the ride height is 27mm before body front and rear. This is not on bumpy tracks though, we raise it up for those.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.