Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DECISION WHICH TO BUY!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ex President
Hyper and Jammin are two completely different trucks...

Neither sounds right for your needs.

Sounds like the Slash 4x4 is where you need to be.
What exactly IS the difference between the Hyper and the Jammin? Just so I know haha
Old 01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I think I have decided on the Ofna Jammin SCRT-10. I'm ordering the RTR kit, but I'm also purchasing the Novak 4.5T 550 Ballistic brushless motor and Havoc Pro SC ESC. From the research that I've done, that's about the best setup to get. I'll be using the stock 2.4ghz radio that comes with it. The servo will also be stock. I hope to eventually get the Airtronics TX/RX and HiTec servos, but for now the stock will have to do.

What do you guys think about tires while I'm at it? I'm hearing good things about JConcepts Goosebumps and Bowties....
Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Go with the SC10!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Matt Ward
Go with the SC10!
I thought seriously about the SC10, but I really like the idea of 4 wheel drive. Are there more classes for 2wd or 4wd in general?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

at the track i run seems like more people run 2wd with a slash class and a sc 17.5t. The 4wd class are more experienced guys and its an open class so motor choice is open so guys are running some pretty fast stuff, so an rtr 4wd wouldnt compete. But thats where i run probably different at other places.

Now if your going to be bashing more then racing go with the slash 4x4.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

kit ... picked, you said you got the jammin ...

good truck but now if you plan on racing you need to go to the track and find out what tires are others using ... also don't go crazy and upgrade everything right off the bat ... look into a good servo and radio and shocks ... tune those first along with the esc and track time .... then look into other upgrades ...

again thats only my 2 cents
Old 01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swboats
Well I think I have decided on the Ofna Jammin SCRT-10. I'm ordering the RTR kit, but I'm also purchasing the Novak 4.5T 550 Ballistic brushless motor and Havoc Pro SC ESC. From the research that I've done, that's about the best setup to get. I'll be using the stock 2.4ghz radio that comes with it. The servo will also be stock. I hope to eventually get the Airtronics TX/RX and HiTec servos, but for now the stock will have to do.

What do you guys think about tires while I'm at it? I'm hearing good things about JConcepts Goosebumps and Bowties....
If you're getting a 550 and esc, don't get the rtr version, if I'm not mistaken the non rtr version comes with better parts. Threaded shocks at least. I think the rtr is only like what $20 more? But then again, if you need a radio, the rtr isn't a bad way to go.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

TIRES GUYS!!!
It all depends on what you are doing i am running panther switches on my hyper 10 they seem to work really good, the jconcepts or aka stuff is good too, not really a fan of proline stuff. Proline stuff works good but it doesnt fit my driving style.