R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-10-2004, 09:31 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to t4driver88
Exclamation hyper 7s dont break easy

i have a hyper 7 i my self am a good driver and if ur good and dont crash no car breaks my hyper 7 has not broken yet and i race 2 -3 times a week with that and i win or place second every time so if urs breaks aparently doin something wrongas long as its clean its good
t4driver88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

I personally own the MBX5 and I'm pretty new in the offroad seen and I gotta admit this car is pretty good. I would like to atleast drive the Kanai and see what the diffrence is between the 2 although right now I'm pretty impressed with my X5. I'm currently running the 421 B and man I gotta admit this motor is a killer. I run at Revelation Raceway here in Ontario, CA. for those who goes there please let me know I would definetly like to run with a couple of guys from this thread here's a dirty picture of my ride it's not much too look at but I really like this buggy. It is actually my first offroad car because I normally play with my onraod sedan & currently still waiting for the new MRX4 to come out. Soon I hope
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010250.jpg (12.9 KB, 108 views)
2fast4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Sorry about the photo I know it came out too small.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:26 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

T4driver

I was not trying to start an internet battle. I know who you are and where you race. I am not saying that you or your car are not good so take it easy. I am simply stating what my experiences are. I have beaten many people with my Hyper and I have many years of experience with 1/8 scale racing. You and your dad should come down to the real buggy tracks in Wisconsin it might shed a different light on the way you see things.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:33 AM   #20
Tech Apprentice

T4Driver88 & KINGZJ

I was wondering if you guys can show me where you run your buggies at. Does the place where you race at have a website? If so can you please let me know what the website is. Thanks and I'll see if I can get some pics of the local track here in CA. where I rasce at..
Old 08-10-2004, 12:07 PM   #21
Tech Elite

I run all over the midwest but my local tracks are www.nitrofarm.com and www.marcca.com
Old 08-10-2004, 01:48 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to OvalEvader

KingJZ. I think you have it back wards. The X5 is much more consistent, and the 777/k3 will outhandle it on pretty much any track, smooth or rutted. I've owned both, and the k3 will literally turn circles around an x5. It may jump better, and be easier to drive, but if you want, and are capable of going fast, you need a k3.
OvalEvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:33 PM   #23
Tech Elite

I am not going to argue anything. I am stating my experiences. My experience is with the heavier pivot ball suspension is not as consistant in the rough. ( we are not talking allot of difference here I rate both buggies very closely)

pivot ball vs. c-hub is the real debate

Pivot ball have allot more un-sprung weight wich cause slower less reactive suspension however it is easyier to adjust and wears much less and can be easily kept fresh.

C-hub has less un-sprung weight and has less friction from moving and reacts faster however it is much more time consuming to make minor suspension changes. A c-hub car typically has less overall steering (not just me thinking this many pro's also agree) c-hub cars also get sloppy much quicker and require more parts to keep them tip top shape.

Wich is better ???????????????????????????

They are both good

My k3 vs. x5 on tighter tracks I liked the x5 on open faster tracks I liked the K3. If the track was really rough and gouged out the k3 shined bigtime.........
Old 08-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Default i think all these buggies have there ups and downs

kingzj who are????yea i know oshkosh is not a hard place to win and that if i go were u go ill be middle of the pack ..one because my 1/8 scale needs a new engine and ive only raced like 5 times this summer with my buggy also because you have much more experiance. although i was not trying to start any thing i was just sayin that if u maintain it does not break most 1/8th scales i see are hard to break .. well i must agree that id rather have either of those buggies but i mean the hyper 7 pro can be as or faster than both and the other way around its basicly the driver. also are u goin to nitro farm august 21 i will most likly be there. and i know i wont do to good cause it will be my first time there also if u could tell me what type of 1/8th scale tires and 10th scale gas of electric tires to use thanks dude

ps. sorry for bein grouchy i had just woke up for work
Old 08-10-2004, 04:02 PM   #25
Tech Adept

c-hub cars also get sloppy much quicker that is very true i need new rear hubs ....my first needed parts over 1 1/2 years lol otheer then my new diffs witch i wanted not needed for better proformance

kingzj do u know who is all going from track side
Old 08-10-2004, 04:13 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Not sure who is going but I would imagine it would be a good size crowd. I am kinda torn wether or not to go to the nitro farm or down to Indianna for their big 3 day race. As for tires panther komodo 2's seem to work very well and the old stand by crimefighters work well.