Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated quality?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by SoCalRacerX
You realize that X-Factory uses AE parts right?

And Xray is government funded...

xray is government funded

well i wont be getting a xray anytime soon.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think the quality of the plastic is down slightly but having shocks that are not prone to leaks and aluminum rear hubs more than offset any issues with slop.

I'm not sure if its related or not, but, the lightweight set up works much better on a B4.1 vs the old B4. Which makes me wonder if the re-forumated plastic that seams to wear out quicker helps generate more grip.

If it does, I would gladly buy a set of arms every 6-8 race weekends than every 6-8 months.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc5 man
xray is government funded

well i wont be getting a xray anytime soon.
They are located in Slovakia and are government funded through them.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Prophet

They are located in Slovakia and are government funded through them.

wow thats a big secret i dint know im sure others dint know that ethier.

maybe thats why they come out with a new models and parts every 4 mouths or a year.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

The only thing I've heard why the slop is there, is to eliminate suspension binding when things get dirty. If clearances are too tight, a bit of dirt can supposedly cause binding. My SC10 has had MAJOR steering slop from day 1 and I am less than thrilled to hear that they outsource their injection molding overseas. A good friend of mine is in that business, and I know most US companies would bend over to get that contract.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

The only thing I've heard why the slop is there, is to eliminate suspension binding when things get dirty. If clearances are too tight, a bit of dirt can supposedly cause binding
I think most of us would rather clean the car a little in between heats rather than deal with this much slop...
Old 01-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My SC10 front end has more slop than a two dollar hooker, rides nice though!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

You realize that X-Factory uses AE parts right?
Of course I know, I own one. No slop in the rear, carbon rear tower, Al height shims...... then there's the floppy AE front end I had to bolt on. LOL.

X-F is more of an example of putting forth the effort to get it right. Something I think AE lacks. I'm really miffed about my V2 shock quality and how easy it is to strip thier plastic.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

And Xray is government funded...
Xray is just a cover for the Government's Top Secret chemical weapons and Space Alien cloning facility.

Y'all heard it here 1st.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Of course I know, I own one. No slop in the rear, carbon rear tower, Al height shims...... then there's the floppy AE front end I had to bolt on. LOL.

X-F is more of an example of putting forth the effort to get it right. Something I think AE lacks. I'm really miffed about my V2 shock quality and how easy it is to strip thier plastic.
Yea my V2 shocks are kinda not what I expected... The springs hit on the shock bodies. Not a super big deal, but just goes to show they will put out 'ok' quality over, 'yea it's perfect'. Still love my SC10 though, even if she is a sloppy whore.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There are definately higher quality better performing kits on the market. Feel free to vote with your wallets. But beware.

The kind of 'quality' you guys are describing will increase costs considerably and could transform 1/10 off road into something more like touring cars where companies like XRay dominate the market and make their money not in spare parts, but, releasing a new improved kit every 12 months.

Been there, done, that, no thanks.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Ed237
There are definately higher quality better performing kits on the market. Feel free to vote with your wallets. But beware.

The kind of 'quality' you guys are describing will increase costs considerably and could transform 1/10 off road into something more like touring cars where companies like XRay dominate the market and make their money not in spare parts, but, releasing a new improved kit every 12 months.

+1 i agree and there parts arent very cheap at all .
i think that would hurt the r/c racing community if people decided to do that.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect

do you have the buggy or truck?
Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237

I race for schumacher and i am completely aware of what these kits cost,, but on the other hand,, after 6 months of racing twice a week,, no parts wear to speak of,, parts breakage due to my own cause!! and still has a buttery smooth diff that i have not touched,, so in the long run i would rather pay a bit more upfront for the quality, than to spend the money later on parts and bench time.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm just using your post as an example, there are a couple more like this, so this isn't to point you out.

Originally Posted by sst4nbr1
I race for schumacher and i am completely aware of what these kits cost,, but on the other hand,, after 6 months of racing twice a week,, no parts wear to speak of,, parts breakage due to my own cause!! and still has a buttery smooth diff that i have not touched,, so in the long run i would rather pay a bit more upfront for the quality, than to spend the money later on parts and bench time.
Which is precisely why we have Schumacher, Associated, Losi, X-Ray, and God forbid I say it in the same sentence, Traxxas.

If we all preferred the same thing, only one of these companies would exist. That would be dependent on what we all liked.

Preference, folks. In the above type of situation.

As for the current quality, I don't own a recently released model, I can't speak to that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.