Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Brushless in what car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Novak Brushless in what car?

Hey all,
I'm finally realizing the Advantages to a Brushless system, and I'm getting more and more serious about buying one everyday. However, this is my problem.

What would it be best in: XXXT or XXX4?

This may be a stupid Question, and I'm sure it's been asked a million times, but I'm really stumped this time.

Please, let me know about your Point of View!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have seen brushless in both and both work. However, I have to tell you, everyone that switched to brushless at my home track have all suddenly began ripping them out and re-installing their brushed ESCs and strapping in Orions and Peaks new v2 motors, including me. Right now they are the only motors you can convince me to buy.

I am in no way affiliated with either company, however, if this plug nets me another motor I would be elated.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

i'd prolly put it in the xxx4, but what i'd really do is stick w/ the esc, and get the v2, or revo.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Really? Even for bashing? I really bash more than race, so it'd be less of a Hassle than spending the extra money to have a cheap@$$ motor to run at home and then an 80 dollar motor for the track(which I cannot afford)
Old 08-07-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The novak will work better in the XXX4 since it will be less strain on the controller. The novak works in trucks too, but you have to be careful about gearing (around 13.5:1 for a bashing truck). I love brushless for bashing and racing. The novak isn't the best system out there, but it is the best for the money and for good customer service. The V2 may last longer that most on a set of brushes but it still doens't get that much run time and you will have to replace the brushes at some point. I have 3 different systems here with another controller on the way (Schulze U-force75), so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Systems:

Lehner Basic 4200 on Hacker Car Sport

Aveox RC7 on Aveox L160 Controller

Novak SS5800
Old 08-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Kufman- Its good to see another brushless man from Illinois.

I have ran the Novak system in a Matt Francis truck quite a bit and it works great. Im sure it would work just as well in the xxx4. I have been wanting to try a brushless in a xxx4 for a long time but there is no class for them at my local track.

I have ran the brushless sytem in many other cars and it works well in most. The only problem i have ran into is the lack of magnet drag to slow you down coming into corners. If you are racing a car that is set up well enough to handle the increased corner speed then it is real fast. But that is hard to acheive.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

A lot of clubs are now allowing brushless in their mod classes. I race a novak setup in my xxx4 and love it. I also have adjusted a little drag brake into the car with my radio, (which most people forget their radio is adjustable). If you can change the percent of trigger throw or just even dial your throttle trim back a hair. With the right gearing, brushless is very competitive................
Old 08-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

It's settled, I'm buying a Novak SS5800 Setup. I'm still undecided about which car to run it in, but it's not like it's THAT hard to switch from car to car... I can test it out and find out which one works the best with it!

So with one car brushless, the other will be Brushed. I'm planning to set it up using my Current Tekin G12 and a Trinity D5 11x2
Old 08-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, we race sedans on carpet with 4 cell brushless against other stock brushed motored cars. The 4 cell brushless is actually faster speedwise, but it is a little unstable coming out of corners on power. It dosnt have the weight of the 6 cell, and it has more torque than stock brushed. We tried dialing in some brake and it worked if you got it just right but I was always worried about it taking away from the top end when trimming the throttle back like that. Not sure if that would be a problem or not.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

infrontracing,

so there are people besides me that run brushless in Illinois. Where do you guys run brushless sedans indoors?
Old 08-08-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Near Springfield. We have a great indoor and out door track at:
http://www.allensrccars.com/Index.html
We also go to Jacksonville for some great oval racing. We just had the dirt nationals in Jacksonville a week ago. We run a big class of Custom Works sprint cars. Most of them run brushless. I currently hold our track record at Allens with a brushless.Heres a pic of the car:
Attached Thumbnails Novak Brushless in what car?-dsc00798.jpg  
Old 08-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like a nice car. Unfortunately, I only live about 45 min from the WI border and I race at AJ's in DeKalb. I try my best to get people to run brushless. So far the most brushless cars on the track at one time were using my 3 brushless systems(and two of my cars). If I am ever down that way I will definately check it out.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

i heard from the people at my local track that you have to gear the D5 just right or else you'll over heat it right away and then basically there goes the motor...
Old 08-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Over here at Wolcott Hobbies in CT brushless systems are really popular. People run them in all sorts of vehicles from trucks ( most popular ) to 4wd buggy.

The track is setup in a way such that you really don't need alot of power to get around it and be competitive. Brushless systems work great on the track and people seem to love them.

I personally run a V2 and the maintenance is very low. I think the V2 has more power but as I said, you really don't get to open it up other than the straight. on the new setup I am suprised if I go full throttle in more than 2 areas on the whole track!
Old 08-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Cain,

I agree that the V2 may have more power than the Novak. Have you ever seen a Hacker or Lehner run?? They are a different story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.