Wiki Posts
Search

Where can I get a 4s to 2s Balance Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Where can I get a 4s to 2s Balance Splitter

I'm wanting to make a saddle pack out of two lipos and I would like to charge them together. I'm going to run them in a series. I've seen on HobbyKing a 6s to 3s splitter but not a 4s to 2s splitter. Anybody have any ideas where I could find one?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skerry1
I'm wanting to make a saddle pack out of two lipos and I would like to charge them together. I'm going to run them in a series. I've seen on HobbyKing a 6s to 3s splitter but not a 4s to 2s splitter. Anybody have any ideas where I could find one?
I actually spent a good amount of time looking for this. I even considered making my own but couldnt find individual jst-xh plugs. I ended up seeing them at a lhs near me and picked one up. Next time im there/near-by I could pick one up and ship it to you. They're deceivingly hard to find so i feel for ya . PM me if you wanna go that route.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:51 AM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skerry1
The cheapest solution can be found here.

Just follow the directions (check the correct boxes) and it is very simple.
I have made my own series balance connectors for lipos that use a ThunderPower, Hyperion and Align style balancing connectors and have never had any problems when charging and/or balancing my LiPo packs while using a variety of different LiPo balance chargers.

Note: If you cannot find the wire and different connecting plugs separtely, at most hobbyshops you can buy one of those bags that include a large variety of balancing adapters i.e. Hyperion 2s to Align 2s, Align 4s to TP 4s, etc. etc., Buy two of these bags (they are very inexpensive) and then just use two(2) of the same type adapters to create one(1) "Y" adapter as shown on the link above.

The best solution can be found here.

I have posted regarding the "best" solution (listed just above) before. I'll just restate the short version for the record...

It is a substantial investment after you include a High Quality 30 amp (or more) Power Supply, but I would say it is among the best investments into RC that I have ever made. It does everything you need it to do except connect and disconnect the batteries for you.
If you have the money.. you will not regret this purchase.

HH
Old 01-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

LunchBox, I appreciate the offer. I think I found one on ebay though. A little pricey at $15 but by the time I try to buy everything and make one, it would prob be the same thing. Plus I suck at soldering lol.

HH, I appreciate your help also. The reason I need this is because I picked up a VE8 with your chassis on it. I'm really excited about the saddle pack configuration. Yeah, that Hyperion charger looks sick and it's definitely on my wish list. Going to have to wait a little while longer for it though. If you have any other advice for me, I'm all ears. Again, I appreciate your response.

If anyone knows of a cheaper one, let me know. LOL