R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default blitz steering servo

Can someone recommend a good affordable steering servo upgrade for an RTR blitz, I do not bash, race on carpet SC (so far) maybe outdoor this spring.

Thanks, Rick
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

On carpet you will need something stronger than dirt, alot more stress will be applied on it due to high traction. I would suggest at least 150oz. of torque. You could prolly find yourself a used one on here in the for sale thread cheap. But remember, like anything you buy, it's better to buy a good one now rather than buying and having to replace a cheaper one down the road. AE has the ds1313, 173oz. and cost about $75, I've had one for three years no with no problem.
Second place is first loser, and a special thanks to 8lb. 6.oz newborn infant jesus. Gotta love credit cards, buy anything you want and simply make a small monthly payment for the rest of you life. DK Concepts---Outsiders RC---F and R Metals---AE 4 LIFE SON---U LIKE TO SEE HOMOS NAKED???
brickshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:11 AM   #3
Tech Adept

I'm using the Align DS610

0.08 sec
133 oz/in (12 kg/cm)

If your lucky you can find them cheap in a auction on ebay, if not your talking around $40.

I use these in all my off-roaders (the Blitz included) and have done for years, fantastic servo for the money.
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote