Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New RC10GT any time soon? >

New RC10GT any time soon?

New RC10GT any time soon?

Old 08-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New RC10GT any time soon?

For anyone in the know, is Associated going to release a new RC10GT sometime soon? I know that the currect version is still winning races, but how much of the truck is stock? I'd like to have a GT, with handling like a T4. I am planning to get another 2wd gas truck, but if a new RC10GT isn't on the drawing board, I'm going to go with a Losi.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

i just switched over to a losi too! I dont know if they will come out with one just because of the fact that the gt is still winning races! I dont know, but my new drake is awesome compaired to my old gt!
Old 08-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

With a new t4...and losi with a new truck...a new AE gasser should no be to far off
Old 08-05-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

There was a pretty big discussion about this on another board. Even an example of where the lack of a new GT to compete with the Losi at the club level actually caused the truck class to die, since no one wants to run an all losi class as it is pretty much spec racing.

From what I have read, I am not sure if a new GT will be out for this year, maybe next.

i think as long as AE can claim they are winning races with the GT ( even if it is really modded up, but you never hear that ) they will continue to sell them until they see a significant drop off in sales of the GT.

Personally, they need a new GT, just from the standpoint that I see alot of guys going to the Losi as it handles better.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default they should

they should make a new onewith T4 style arms but they would have to make it alot stronger thant the T4! so they might not, IMHO it's time a new electric truck and buggy from Losi and AE means the gassers should be redone too.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

a new associated nitro tourer would be appreciated...I think I speak for a lot of people when i say the NTC3 is LOOOOng over due for a NTC4. I mean, i know they released the plus, and everything, but i mean, how long can u keep a car out without releasing a new one? The NTC3's going on what? 3-4 years now?
Old 08-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

It's all about sales. It doesnt matter if the car is winning races or not, it's all about the driver. The TC4 should be ran this October at the nats. They ran a prototype at the Euro Hydroplane nats (if you get my drift). The GT is long overdue, I do agree on that and the Losi does handle much better. I'm sure AE has something up their sleeves!
Old 08-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The current GT works quite well. In some track conditions, it works better than the Losi and is (IMO) a more reliable truck. I know that AE is thinking about ways to improve on the new truck. I spoke at length with Curtis at the Roar Gas Nats about this subject. I don't think that there will be a new truck anytime really soon because the current truck is still winning races. Personally I think it is a better truck than the Losi, but there are just as many people that would disagree with me.

Cain: The reason you never hear about the heavily modded GT's is because they aren't. You only NEED a trans brace for the GT. Some racers use aftermarket trans parts. Stock chassis, arms, ballcups, shock towers, bulkheads.... the trucks are good right out of the box. I really don't understand that statement.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've read about Tebo front end. I have no idea what's been done to the back. I know that he's one of the best drivers out there.... But I'd like some of this new geometry on my Truck. T2 technolgy is way outdated. Give me the T4 suspension with the strength of the GT arms. Hell, make it a running change just like the NTC3. It couldn't be that hard.