Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIPO Battery???.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? LIPO Battery???.

I've been looking around for more lipo batteries, as I have max amps lipos. But I've read people have had a good run with other brand's & would like to know what you guy's recommend as Excellent lipos with a good price to mach??. Maybe a Link?. Cheers
Old 06-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been testing these the last couple of weeks:
http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=129

They cost half as much as some of the more popular packs out there, and deliver performance that is as good if not better!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

I purchased an SMC 4500 from Amp Draw this spring and have been really happy with it.

http://www.ampdraw.com/product/13506...se-LiPo--Deans

I wanted something more the 25C since I'm running brushless in my sprint 2 flux and mamba max pro in my rc10t4. This fit the bill. It small enought to fit the sprint 2 and strong enought to handle the amp requirements for my mamba max pro. Also, I thought it was a good price.

It is my first Lipo, so I don't have alot of experience, but like I said above, I'm happy with it.

Good Luck,

Dorion
Old 06-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

I know it hurts a little with the price but you really can't beat Thunder Power. If you spend all this money on a truck and speed contoller and nice engine. Then people go cheap on a battery. It's no good having a nice engine if your not gonna put the best gas in here!!!!!!!! Once you drive with thunder power you won't wanna use anything else I promise your.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 on the TP batts
Old 06-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dentman
I know it hurts a little with the price but you really can't beat Thunder Power. If you spend all this money on a truck and speed contoller and nice engine. Then people go cheap on a battery. It's no good having a nice engine if your not gonna put the best gas in here!!!!!!!! Once you drive with thunder power you won't wanna use anything else I promise your.
Thanks for the reply's.
Are Thunder Power cheaper than Max Amps?. I just want to see what people are happy with. Has any one used the cheap $20 lipo's? or I should know better lol?.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I use zippy's and turnigy's exclusively except when i NEED to use roar approved battey in roar events. To be honest I cannot tell a difference between the turnigy's and the tp's. My 4s turnigy's cost me 40 a piece vice 200 for the same battery from tp. I have well over 100 cycles in some of my 7.4 zippy's and they still take over 5k mah and have the same punch they had when they were new.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zachfeen
I use zippy's and turnigy's exclusively except when i NEED to use roar approved battey in roar events. To be honest I cannot tell a difference between the turnigy's and the tp's. My 4s turnigy's cost me 40 a piece vice 200 for the same battery from tp. I have well over 100 cycles in some of my 7.4 zippy's and they still take over 5k mah and have the same punch they had when they were new.
See thats what I was talking about!. I have spent alot on MaxAmps, but I'm only a basher. I know you have to pay for a good name, all I want is a good battery!. 2s turnigy is one brand I'll be looking for, Cheers.

Any one with another good one please.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1 on turnigy / zippy packs. For the $$$ they are hard to beat.

I've been running them in 2 different cars, 1 of them a brushless erevo, with an MMM, (one of the touchiest 1/8 speedy's around) for over 7 months and haven't had an issue.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Maybe its just me, but I don't get what is so good about all the low-cost Turnigys, Zippys, and all those terrible quality Li-pos that end up giving you lifetimes comparable to Nickel based packs!!

If you need a Li-po, go for these for the love of all that is good and pure in this god-forsaken world: https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=SMC4528LD This will supply you with decent power and runtime.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by taco94
Maybe its just me, but I don't get what is so good about all the low-cost Turnigys, Zippys, and all those terrible quality Li-pos that end up giving you lifetimes comparable to Nickel based packs!!

If you need a Li-po, go for these for the love of all that is good and pure in this god-forsaken world: https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=SMC4528LD This will supply you with decent power and runtime.
Don't be a snob. They're just as good as the other stuff, they just come from a country who can produce them for pennies on the dollar and is satisfied with making a reasonable profit. They're the same cells that the other brands use, just stuck in a different case. All these cells are made in China, Japan and Taiwan.

Is your Ed Hardy T-shirt better than my Fruit of the Loom? Not really, you just paid $40 more for a bunch of graffitti screen printed on it.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Dentman
+1. I use a 4s 4200 40c and a 4s 5000 40c pack in my RC8Be and they are the best packs Ive used.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Driver86
Is your Ed Hardy T-shirt better than my Fruit of the Loom? Not really, you just paid $40 more for a bunch of graffitti screen printed on it.
Now that is funny right there.........but very true
Old 06-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

i have been using one of the 20 dollar packs for a couple months now. Mostly in my sc10 with a sidewinder 5700. No difference when i throw in one of my friends MAX Amp batteries. Why pay 100 if you can get same performance for 20???? Lets just say all my friends have ordered the Turngey Batteries now and have not had one fail...... You want to waste your money? then by all means go ahead and spend the big money on a NAME!!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

www.hobbyking.com

I have many batts from them. Always worth the wait for shipping. They work just as good, if not better, than my expensive packs that I bought before I discovered HobbyKing. And they're less than a 1/4 the price!

Down with expensive lipos!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.