MBX6 ECO Thread

Reply

Old 12-14-2012, 04:11 PM
  #5521  
Tech Adept
 
d_scientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pen, Malaysia
Posts: 163
Default

Hi guys,

I am a newbie with the MBX6 Eco. I've finished setting it up and took it out to run in a field (Not yet gone for jumpings). After my 2 runs I've got some questions:

1. I've been trying to align my steering and so far its still terrible! I need to adjust the trim on my Tx to about L/R20 mix to get it running straight. That then ruins the turning direction whereby it then turns less. Any good way to align the steering properly? Even look at lotsa utube vid.

2. Turning into high speed corners keep flipping my buggy. Is there a setup for me to do where I can reduce the possibility of flipping my buggy?

3. My screws keep coming out from the servo arm! Its the one nearest to the tyre. Any good threadlocker? I know u are not supposed to threadlock metal to plastic as it ruins the plastic.

Many thanks!
d_scientist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 PM
  #5522  
JJY
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
JJY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stockbridge, GA
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by d_scientist View Post
Hi guys,

I am a newbie with the MBX6 Eco. I've finished setting it up and took it out to run in a field (Not yet gone for jumpings). After my 2 runs I've got some questions:

1. I've been trying to align my steering and so far its still terrible! I need to adjust the trim on my Tx to about L/R20 mix to get it running straight. That then ruins the turning direction whereby it then turns less. Any good way to align the steering properly? Even look at lotsa utube vid.

2. Turning into high speed corners keep flipping my buggy. Is there a setup for me to do where I can reduce the possibility of flipping my buggy?

3. My screws keep coming out from the servo arm! Its the one nearest to the tyre. Any good threadlocker? I know u are not supposed to threadlock metal to plastic as it ruins the plastic.

Many thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pyUz5yQyQ

Check the video above, lots of good info about setting up steering properly. Its an AE car but the principles carry over to the Mugen. Lots of other great info on car set up in the other videos by Brandon Melton.
JJY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:25 PM
  #5523  
Tech Adept
 
d_scientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pen, Malaysia
Posts: 163
Default

Thanks JJY! HIS VIDS ARE very helpful!
d_scientist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 AM
  #5524  
Tech Regular
 
CloseYetFar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South NJ
Posts: 274
Default

Quick question. Anyone getting hub wear on the inside of the wheels? While nothing seems to be touching the inside of the rim, I am seeing a mark form. I think the rims are flexing while the kit is in motion and making contact. Anyone else have this?
CloseYetFar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:10 AM
  #5525  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by CloseYetFar View Post
Quick question. Anyone getting hub wear on the inside of the wheels? While nothing seems to be touching the inside of the rim, I am seeing a mark form. I think the rims are flexing while the kit is in motion and making contact. Anyone else have this?
Yes, mine are the same.
I think there's nothing to worry about other than the fact that they don't look new after a couple of runs.
Donat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:48 AM
  #5526  
Tech Regular
 
CloseYetFar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South NJ
Posts: 274
Default

Originally Posted by Donat View Post
Yes, mine are the same.
I think there's nothing to worry about other than the fact that they don't look new after a couple of runs.
Cool, thanks for verifying.
CloseYetFar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:00 PM
  #5527  
Tech Regular
 
Desert Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 297
Default

Ok, does the mb6x eco uses the mod1 pinion as a match for it's stock spur ?
and anyone notice any often stripping of it's spur specially after jumps ?
Desert Runner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:04 PM
  #5528  
Tech Adept
 
TheBackmarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 208
Default

Originally Posted by Desert Runner View Post
Ok, does the mb6x eco uses the mod1 pinion as a match for it's stock spur ?
and anyone notice any often stripping of it's spur specially after jumps ?
Yes it is mod 1 and no, I've never had stripping problem. I've probably landed several thousand jumps and never stripped a spur. Make sure you are setting your gear mesh with a little backlash. Use (or just imagine) a piece of paper between your pinion and spur. That much free play is necessary to keep your gears from binding. Then make sure your motor screws are all tight on the motor and mount. I hope this helps.
TheBackmarker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
  #5529  
Tech Regular
 
Desert Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 297
Default

Originally Posted by TheBackmarker View Post
Yes it is mod 1 and no, I've never had stripping problem. I've probably landed several thousand jumps and never stripped a spur. Make sure you are setting your gear mesh with a little backlash. Use (or just imagine) a piece of paper between your pinion and spur. That much free play is necessary to keep your gears from binding. Then make sure your motor screws are all tight on the motor and mount. I hope this helps.
Thank you Backmarker. Sounds ultra durable .
Desert Runner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 PM
  #5530  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
pword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North NJ
Posts: 1,420
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Im shopping for new esc. My 2 yr old rx8 is acting up. Anyone has good success with hobbywing xerun 150a? Appreciate your feedback
pword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:11 PM
  #5531  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,287
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pword View Post
Im shopping for new esc. My 2 yr old rx8 is acting up. Anyone has good success with hobbywing xerun 150a? Appreciate your feedback
Yes great esc. Also can try the sct pro. Works well too
nitro0619 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
  #5532  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
pword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North NJ
Posts: 1,420
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
Yes great esc. Also can try the sct pro. Works well too
Thanks!
pword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:44 PM
  #5533  
Tech Adept
 
d_scientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pen, Malaysia
Posts: 163
Default

yea... the esc is pretty good. temp maintains and responsive!
d_scientist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 AM
  #5534  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New mugen rear brace

I got probably a really stupid question but on the new rear a arm brace that has the different inserts for your rear toe and anti swat how do you no which ones are what. Now I no that they have the little holes cut in them and the 2.75 one is the one that has the middle hole but the other ones look the same to me can some one please explain them to me and what im not understanding. Thanks
billsharp34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM
  #5535  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by billsharp34 View Post
I got probably a really stupid question but on the new rear a arm brace that has the different inserts for your rear toe and anti swat how do you no which ones are what. Now I no that they have the little holes cut in them and the 2.75 one is the one that has the middle hole but the other ones look the same to me can some one please explain them to me and what im not understanding. Thanks
The others are the same. When the notch is in toward the bulk head away from the tire, that's 2.5 degrees toe in. When they are out, away from the bulk head towards the tire, that's 3 degrees toe in. Down gives more antisquat and up is less antisquat. Antisquat is in 1 degree increments with these pills. The front pill (the ones in the C block) controls antisquat also. Both combined control antisquat and roll center.

If you get confused, just look down on the car from the top and see what the pill is doing to the arms. Pills out angle the arms more for more toe. Same with antisquat and roll center. Look from the side at the hinge pin in relation to the chassis. Level with chassis is 0 antisquat.
3DRCRACER is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service