MBX6 ECO Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I am a newbie with the MBX6 Eco. I've finished setting it up and took it out to run in a field (Not yet gone for jumpings). After my 2 runs I've got some questions:

1. I've been trying to align my steering and so far its still terrible! I need to adjust the trim on my Tx to about L/R20 mix to get it running straight. That then ruins the turning direction whereby it then turns less. Any good way to align the steering properly? Even look at lotsa utube vid.

2. Turning into high speed corners keep flipping my buggy. Is there a setup for me to do where I can reduce the possibility of flipping my buggy?

3. My screws keep coming out from the servo arm! Its the one nearest to the tyre. Any good threadlocker? I know u are not supposed to threadlock metal to plastic as it ruins the plastic.

Many thanks!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 PM
JJY
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d_scientist View Post
Hi guys,

I am a newbie with the MBX6 Eco. I've finished setting it up and took it out to run in a field (Not yet gone for jumpings). After my 2 runs I've got some questions:

1. I've been trying to align my steering and so far its still terrible! I need to adjust the trim on my Tx to about L/R20 mix to get it running straight. That then ruins the turning direction whereby it then turns less. Any good way to align the steering properly? Even look at lotsa utube vid.

2. Turning into high speed corners keep flipping my buggy. Is there a setup for me to do where I can reduce the possibility of flipping my buggy?

3. My screws keep coming out from the servo arm! Its the one nearest to the tyre. Any good threadlocker? I know u are not supposed to threadlock metal to plastic as it ruins the plastic.

Many thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pyUz5yQyQ

Check the video above, lots of good info about setting up steering properly. Its an AE car but the principles carry over to the Mugen. Lots of other great info on car set up in the other videos by Brandon Melton.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks JJY! HIS VIDS ARE very helpful!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Quick question. Anyone getting hub wear on the inside of the wheels? While nothing seems to be touching the inside of the rim, I am seeing a mark form. I think the rims are flexing while the kit is in motion and making contact. Anyone else have this?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CloseYetFar View Post
Quick question. Anyone getting hub wear on the inside of the wheels? While nothing seems to be touching the inside of the rim, I am seeing a mark form. I think the rims are flexing while the kit is in motion and making contact. Anyone else have this?
Yes, mine are the same.
I think there's nothing to worry about other than the fact that they don't look new after a couple of runs.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Donat View Post
Yes, mine are the same.
I think there's nothing to worry about other than the fact that they don't look new after a couple of runs.
Cool, thanks for verifying.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, does the mb6x eco uses the mod1 pinion as a match for it's stock spur ?
and anyone notice any often stripping of it's spur specially after jumps ?
Old 12-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Desert Runner View Post
Ok, does the mb6x eco uses the mod1 pinion as a match for it's stock spur ?
and anyone notice any often stripping of it's spur specially after jumps ?
Yes it is mod 1 and no, I've never had stripping problem. I've probably landed several thousand jumps and never stripped a spur. Make sure you are setting your gear mesh with a little backlash. Use (or just imagine) a piece of paper between your pinion and spur. That much free play is necessary to keep your gears from binding. Then make sure your motor screws are all tight on the motor and mount. I hope this helps.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheBackmarker View Post
Yes it is mod 1 and no, I've never had stripping problem. I've probably landed several thousand jumps and never stripped a spur. Make sure you are setting your gear mesh with a little backlash. Use (or just imagine) a piece of paper between your pinion and spur. That much free play is necessary to keep your gears from binding. Then make sure your motor screws are all tight on the motor and mount. I hope this helps.
Thank you Backmarker. Sounds ultra durable .
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Im shopping for new esc. My 2 yr old rx8 is acting up. Anyone has good success with hobbywing xerun 150a? Appreciate your feedback
Old 12-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pword View Post
Im shopping for new esc. My 2 yr old rx8 is acting up. Anyone has good success with hobbywing xerun 150a? Appreciate your feedback
Yes great esc. Also can try the sct pro. Works well too
Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
Yes great esc. Also can try the sct pro. Works well too
Thanks!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

yea... the esc is pretty good. temp maintains and responsive!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New mugen rear brace

I got probably a really stupid question but on the new rear a arm brace that has the different inserts for your rear toe and anti swat how do you no which ones are what. Now I no that they have the little holes cut in them and the 2.75 one is the one that has the middle hole but the other ones look the same to me can some one please explain them to me and what im not understanding. Thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billsharp34 View Post
I got probably a really stupid question but on the new rear a arm brace that has the different inserts for your rear toe and anti swat how do you no which ones are what. Now I no that they have the little holes cut in them and the 2.75 one is the one that has the middle hole but the other ones look the same to me can some one please explain them to me and what im not understanding. Thanks
The others are the same. When the notch is in toward the bulk head away from the tire, that's 2.5 degrees toe in. When they are out, away from the bulk head towards the tire, that's 3 degrees toe in. Down gives more antisquat and up is less antisquat. Antisquat is in 1 degree increments with these pills. The front pill (the ones in the C block) controls antisquat also. Both combined control antisquat and roll center.

If you get confused, just look down on the car from the top and see what the pill is doing to the arms. Pills out angle the arms more for more toe. Same with antisquat and roll center. Look from the side at the hinge pin in relation to the chassis. Level with chassis is 0 antisquat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service